I Don't Know Where To Sart... HELP?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan417

Hi, my names Jake and im a noob. I only joined 405th about a month ago and have been looking at everybodies builds and have been felling a little jelous and now want to make one myself, but I've got no idea how to do Pepakura but i really want to learn.
I've got alot of armour pieces and i've looked through them all but they all look to hard :(
I want to start out with something really really easy, and if anyone had any suggestions on were to start they would be much appreciated.

-Jake

First read all the stickies on the forum then come back and ask questions.

I want to start out with something really really easy, and if anyone had any suggestions on were to start they would be much appreciated.

There are not really really easy things to make. If it was easy to do everyone would have armor. We are a unique group of people with grate talent. If your building armor work from the ground up. But to get yourself used to peping and scaling, make a bicep or hand plate. good luck.

thanks. I actually made a noble six left bicep thing but i couldnt finish it coz my mum acidently threw out some of the pieces... but beside form the missing pieces it came out looking alright, but i also dont know how to harden it?

Hi, my names Jake and im a noob. I only joined 405th about a month ago and have been looking at everybodies builds and have been felling a little jelous and now want to make one myself, but I've got no idea how to do Pepakura but i really want to learn.
I've got alot of armour pieces and i've looked through them all but they all look to hard :(

Well, the generic tip: Read the tutorials. If you really want to learn, that's the way to do it. The paper model stuff is particularly well covered, so you should at least be able to start.

The models usually look more difficult than they are, the most difficult thing are really small details. Stick to low-def models if you want to avoid those. Something even easier to build than, say, a low-def hand plate, would be the Pepakura Designer Example Dice. It's somewhere in the program's folder, along with other examples.

ive heard that you have to coat it with resin and then fiberglass it, but i wouldnt know how to apply the figerglass, and i live in melbourne australia and i cant find resin anywere

i wouldnt know how to apply the figerglass

That's another part that is pretty well covered in tutorials (even video tutorials).
Make sure to take safety precautions.

You're looking for polyester resin, that should be available in automotive stores or shops that have boat or surfboard repair materials.

just read the tutorial you recomended and found it very helpfull
i was thinking that the fiberglassing wuld be alot harder than it is

Well, thats your parents call not ours. Like i said, it toxic and can be harmful if safety is not used. They may not approve.

If thats the case the Hot Glue Method or Smooth Casing would be good things to look into.

I began using fibreglass matting the other day and I have to say.... It is kind of hard, as I was trying to do the whole marine back plate thinking "OMG I'm running out of resin", "OMG its lifting...." and "OMG its sticking to my hands more then the paper"..... But after thinking I would have to start over my father told me what I did wrong and that he could fix it... So atm I have a open hand constantly slapping the back of my head every time I fudge up!! XD
Simple tips: Do small sections, practice and plenty of patience!!

just read the tutorial you recomended and found it very helpfull
i was thinking that the fiberglassing wuld be alot harder than it is

I completely agree with Agent Arizona here, please don't start before you got your parents' approval (or better yet their help!) and understand the risks. Read up on this on your own, do not trust anybody else to provide adequate safety for you. There are many tutorials out there that either completely neglect safety, or do point it out, but then recommend useless equipment. Also keep in mind that you're not the only person in this world. Working with chemicals can also put your family, neighbours or pets at risk if you aren't careful. And I'm not joking about the pets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back