I Finally Bought My First Car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah here, if you have a car parked in your driveway, you pay 2000$ in car insurance /yr lol.

Put a key in it and it gets up to 3000$ haha.

Just to clear things up, don't say that hondas last forever, it hasn't been proven yet as we don't see any "classic" hondas on the roads. Do we? :D
Just say that ANY car can last forever if its taken care of.
There's a lady around the area who drives an old dodge sedan, and she has a sheet of paper taped to her side rear windows (which gets changed every so often) and time I saw the car, it said:

"Not trying to brag: Over 450,000 miles"

Also, my insurance is $32 a month.. And I had to really shop around.

Good first car, but just listen to the others, its not something to invest into that much. Use it till it dies, while you're saving up for a great car :)

Humboldt_spartan said:
nice find on the civi..i almost got one for $400 the other day (an 88 though) but i told a friend about it who needed it for parts... this is my first one..safest thing on the road if your driving it..
IMG_0024.jpg

86 lincoln town car
IMG_0022.jpg

the leftover fiberglass and bondo i had was actually form this car when i fixed a couple rust holes in it and i got a new top for it

not trying to thread jack or any thing like that just thought i would show you that every ones first car is a lil car or a boat
sweet car man... you can never go wrong with an old boat. I currently drive a 84 buick lesabre limited, 2 door... 65,000 original miles. its pimp.

oh and nice honda, my mom drives a honda... LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet car. My first car was and still is a 1996 Saturn Sl1. It's not sporty at all but it gets about 35 to 40 mpg which does come in handy. I'm actually buying a new car. It' a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon.

I have an Ipod already (80Gig Classic) and It is illegal in the state of Texas to drive with headphones on.

I would like my car to be a home away from home, I will put a good stereo in it and I will put good rims on it.

I'm not wasting my money if I want my car to look nice and for me to be happy while driving it.

So, no need in this topic to tell me not to do it :D .

Anyway I don't mind Humboldt, I would love to see everyone else's cars.

Nice one BTW :p , boats glide nice and smooth like down the road.

So, when are you going to mod it into a Warthog?

:lol::lol::lol:

J.k., Nice find. Check the weather stripping. Tx weather is bad on the rubber stuff. Mine leaked when I got it washed the first time. (recently bought a similar car, srry, no pics :( )

dungbeetle said:
So, when are you going to mod it into a Warthog?

:lol::lol::lol:

J.k., Nice find. Check the weather stripping. Tx weather is bad on the rubber stuff. Mine leaked when I got it washed the first time. (recently bought a similar car, srry, no pics :( )

I will buy a Jeep, then mod it into a warthog :lol: .

Yeah all the rubber is surprisingly in new condition.

you shoudl get uninsured motorist insurance tacked on as well.

its worth it.

comp and collision is nice too....

last time i checked its illegal and STUPID in everystate to wear headphones while you drive

Jax Archillies said:
you shoudl get uninsured motorist insurance tacked on as well.

its worth it.

comp and collision is nice too....

last time i checked its illegal and STUPID in everystate to wear headphones while you drive

Yeah, some people don't seem to know or understand that apparently :cautious: .

I know a few people who have Civic's really nice car's. I passed my test about 3months ago roughly? My 1sr car is a siacento.. 1 liter engine.. Absolute pile of S*** is the only way to describe it. lol. Here's a pic. Sorry if I'm jackin'.

abcd0013.jpg

You know what? They wanted about $4,000 for insurance on this (per year). That's ridiculous.

This is just a temporary vehicle for me though. I should be getting a corsa or something soon.

Nice ride Marauder. I gotta agree with the others tho, extras for a first car are just a waste. That's not a bad price for insurance, but I got ya beat, $26. :D Mine's a 1995 Ford Ranger though, 308,000 highway miles. lol But hey, it works.

How are your guys' insurance so low :( lol.

I drive a 2005 ford focus (which is definitely one reason its so high) and I pay MINIMUM of 170 a month. (I don't recall the exact)

But the focus is my first car >_> lol.

I will be getting insurance in a week, didn't have enough left over after buying the car :cautious: .

I will see if it is more or less.

Hopefully less :p .

As I said I don't mind if you guys post pics of your own cars, it's cool.

I know absolutely nothing about cars anywhere outside the US so I wouldn't know if it were good or not :lol: .

Thanks everyone :D .

M07Marauder said:
As I said I don't mind if you guys post pics of your own cars, it's cool.
Thanks everyone :D .

This is my first.. Its my baby :D (1979 Cutlass Supreme currently 45K miles)
14516495690.jpg

14516495697.jpg

And this will be baby #2 when (if) it ever gets finished. (1968 Impala wagon with many, many miles)
9300055328.jpg

9300055366.jpg

M07Marauder said:
[attachment=8162:02_22_09_0835.jpg]
-EDIT- BTW I am buying some awesome rims and a badass stereo system for it when I get the free cash.

Ricer much?

Wait till the VTEC kicks in, yo!

2586470288_2fd5782ff5.jpg

behold! My daily driver.

(I have three. Black one above, silver one and a gunmetal grey one)

smilie120 said:
Ricer much?

Wait till the VTEC kicks in, yo!

Ok, first off you don't have to be an *******, second I'm not one of those f***tards that buys that stupid fart can to put on the exhaust, and third I already explained why I'm buying the rims and the stereo.

Read up or shut up.

Go suck a fat one, yo! No need for mockery or insults, if your here for that then stay the hell out :mad: .

M07Marauder said:
Ok, first off you don't have to be an *******, second I'm not one of those f***tards that buys that stupid fart can to put on the exhaust, and third I already explained why I'm buying the rims and the stereo.

Read up or shut up.

Go suck a fat one, yo! No need for mockery or insults, if your here for that then stay the hell out :mad: .

Don't worry Marauder. I received you're PM bashing me with foul language. Can we please just leave this here? I don't want to start any grudges or anything. I'm sorry if what I said sounded insulting.. Its just your statement did sound a bit Ricer'ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back