I Finally Bought My First Car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M07Marauder

Yo guys! It's Marauder here, I finally bought a car!

It's so amazing!

It's a 1989 Honda Civic 2dr hatchback.

It has 167,xxx miles on it and it cost me $1,380.

So what do you guys think?

...and because no post is a post without a pic, here is my car in all it's glory ;) .
[attachment=8162:02_22_09_0835.jpg]

-EDIT- BTW I am buying some awesome rims and a badass stereo system for it when I get the free cash.

M07Marauder said:
Yo guys! It's Marauder here, I finally bought a car!

It's so amazing!

It's a 1989 Honda Civic 2dr hatchback.

It has 167,xxx miles on it and it cost me $1,380.

So what do you guys think?

...and because no post is a post without a pic, here is my car in all it's glory ;) .
[attachment=8162:02_22_09_0835.jpg]

-EDIT- BTW I am buying some awesome rims and a badass stereo system for it when I get the free cash.

167,000miles? Thats.. Terrible. Does it have a petrol or diesel engine? What size engine? MOT? Insurance quotes?

Last edited by a moderator:
smilie120 said:
167,000miles? Thats.. Terrible. Does it have a petrol or diesel engine? What size engine? MOT? Insurance quotes?

As long as it gets from point A to B, right? Plus it was only 1.3K.

smilie120 said:

Actually for an 89 that's not terrible that's good, and for a Honda thats not a problem at all.

Honda's last forever so long as you keep up with the oil changes. A diesel Honda? Never heard of that before.

Anything over 250,000 miles for a Honda is bad otherwise it's all good.

MOT? No clue what that is.

Insurance? Have not checked yet but I'm just getting liability insurance which should cost me around $50 or so.

M07Marauder said:
Actually for an 89 that's not terrible that's good, and for a Honda thats not a problem at all.

Honda's last forever so long as you keep up with the oil changes. A diesel Honda? Never heard of that before.

Anything over 250,000 miles for a Honda is bad otherwise it's all good.

MOT? No clue what that is.

Insurance? Have not checked yet but I'm just getting liability insurance which should cost me around $50 or so.

don't worry MOT stands for ministery of transport certificate (UK only (just says your car is road legal))

adventSpartanMatrix said:
don't worry MOT stands for ministery of transport certificate (UK only (just says your car is road legal))

Oh, So that would be the UK's version of our state inspections.

M07Marauder said:
Oh, So that would be the UK's version of our state inspections.

basically

nice car

im still learning to drive (and ill probably will only drive a rover 216)

adventSpartanMatrix said:
basically

nice car

im still learning to drive (and ill probably will only drive a rover 216)

Thanks, I love it :p .

Lucky bastard. I get to drive my mom's Lexus on occasion, but it's not truly mine and so I don't usually have a car.

I'd take any car at this point as long as it worked, lol

Awesome car!
But don't forget - safety first!

My first car was BMW 525 made on 1979! year.
Costs me $1000 (14 years ago)
It was very stylish, look:
DCP_0251.JPG

Unfortunately it was lost in horrible accident =(
Be careful, road can kill!

Oh I will definitely keep it safe Bevbor ;) .

Many people compliment me on how well I drive, but you still gotta watch the idiots you can't control :lol: .

Sorry to hear about your car, it was definitely a nice one.

nice ride!

i got a citroen ZX....it looks pretty good when its clean....and i is a safe driver....its my job you see. im a lorry/water bowser/tractor driver for harsco (multiserv in the UK)

yeah looks tidy...get some killer rims on there and it will look sweeeeet!

nice find on the civi..i almost got one for $400 the other day (an 88 though) but i told a friend about it who needed it for parts... this is my first one..safest thing on the road if your driving it..
IMG_0024.jpg

86 lincoln town car
IMG_0022.jpg

the leftover fiberglass and bondo i had was actually form this car when i fixed a couple rust holes in it and i got a new top for it

not trying to thread jack or any thing like that just thought i would show you that every ones first car is a lil car or a boat

All I drive is a 98 SAAB. Its my moms car.

I used to have a 99 Acura. I loved that car to death, it was my warthog. It sounded feirce wherever I went.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

*facepalm* Always with the rims and a stereo system. It's your first car, don't waste money on it. Just be thankful it starts every morning.

Cheers,
Kensai

I agree with Kensai. Keep that money for the insurances.

Who cares about the rims when it's your first car.

Get a ipod instead of a stereo system, it's cheaper ;)

LastSpartan said:
I agree with Kensai. Keep that money for the insurances.

Who cares about the rims when it's your first car.

Get a ipod instead of a stereo system, it's cheaper ;)

They have a point. Honestly, do you think that will help you out, putting in an expensive sound system and rims on? You'd be wasting your money, so save it for gas and insurance.

Oh, and I actually got my first vehicle for Christmas! Sorry, no pic available on my comp, but it is a white 2000 Dodge Ram 1500.

$50 for insurance!? I am 24, and even the cheapest insurance for JUST liability around here is around $200, no matter who you are, or what you drive.

Not worth the Cavalier I try endlessly to drive into the ground. LOL My friend's has over 350,000 miles, all original equipment on his, and he towes all kinds of junk with it. Alas... Mine only has 196,000 on it, all original equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back