I finally played Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGT V

Jr Member
So, I have resisted the temptation to play Halo since it's initial release. Partially because I am a PC gamer, I do not own a console, but also because I would see my soldiers doing little else in their off time other than play. Then I found this site through Thorsoli's helmet thread on The RPF and my interest was merely prop hobby related. The more I read the forum, the more my interest was piqued. I finally relented and bought the original Halo (I think Combat Evolved is the first PC release) and now I know I was missing out. My hands hurt from playing, I am sleepy as hell from staying up late and my fellow soldiers look at me like I am an idiot when I talk about a game they have been playing for years like it is something new.

Here is the problem, I like the marine uniforms better than the Chief's. Maybe it is my profession, they are easier to relate to, but I have scrapped my ODST pep I was working on and now I want a marine uniform. Granted, I have not made it to Halo 2 or 3, so there might be changes, but I am open to them.

That is all...end transmission.

Link is selling one of the best marine helmets I've seen. (Molded of course)
Idk if that would interest you.

Otherwise, i'll scour the site right now to try and find something similar.

Glad you had fun!
They get better... well, in my opinion, anyway, others might say you're playing the best one now. I liked 2 and 3 more.

And there's no problem in preferring the marines, we could use some of those, too, so it's not a group entirely comprised of Master Chief....

oh, and just for credit, I got those from the pepakura download database. Sorry if I didn't credit the people well enough

Thanks for the links, I think I have them though. I will be getting to printing them this week. I usually like to print them at work, the laser printer looks better. Hopefully Legendary Armor will release their rifle soon so I do not have to produce my own.

Once I get started I will have to start posting them. I have done a molded helmet before and I can say this pep method is so much easier a way to start.

SGT V said:
Thanks for the links, I think I have them though. I will be getting to printing them this week. I usually like to print them at work, the laser printer looks better. Hopefully Legendary Armor will release their rifle soon so I do not have to produce my own.

Once I get started I will have to start posting them. I have done a molded helmet before and I can say this pep method is so much easier a way to start.

I agree. Pep work is turning out to be so fantastic these days. The results are so comparable to actual molded work. Its astonishing. I love how far pep work has come in the last few months. It's just amazing.

Also, the ability to turn pep work into casts has been proven and still stands. It's another great way for someone without sculpting talents to create a piece of art.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phew, and I thought I was one of the only ones who didn't start playing halo until recently! I actually got into the armor and everything due to Red Vs Blue because my friends loved halo. But yeah, I started on the PC version a week ago and it's been a crazy ride. Grunts are hilarious and annoying at the same time :D

I like the grunts, they carry ammo for me.
I need to get some good reference pics together for the Marines. How much different are they in Halo 2 & 3?

halo 1 on the pc FTW!!!

back to your question, i think they just get darker through each game (unlike Jonson who seems to be pulling a Michal jackson through the series (sorry if anyone is offended by this comparison)) and they get bump maps. their armour changes a bit but as far as i can rember it basicly gets more detailed.

Well, I put together the helmet last night, Might resin it this weekend if the temperature holds up. The pep is a little simple so I know I need to do quite a bit of smoothing and add detail. I hope to have a flip down light up targeting reticle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back