I got this... I'm gonna try SCIENCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This video was my waypoint to 405th.com.... so long ago... :') happy memories of the past. :') suckiest visuals ever but have I learned more and more about one of my favorite hobbies from that video! :')

Last edited by a moderator:
@john awesome and @spartant117 ; I tottaly concur. Thanks for the quick chat here guys, I am gonna try and finish the helmet tonight with bondo. Lets check this shot out... *crosses fingers*

So, I will have some pictures of my helm soon, but I put rondo in it, and with the almighty guidance of "Ze Master 'Nobel'" a LOT of the kinks have been worked out and we're rarin to keep goin. I think if pour 5-7 hours a day into the armor WE SHOULD GET IT DONE. wish me luck chaps... because there are gonna be some awesome pics later doay!!

EDIT; spelling problems... so here's a Dolan.
Dolan-random-30211740-780-572.jpg

I'm an infantryman! Time for an upload,

And there you go kids!

never thought to make a hotbox, hope you don;t mind, yoinking this idea ;) also how is the rifle coming?

Penguuuu, I'm a little sloshed atm, but it's [I am refering to the hotbox] a good idea if it gets cold... use a large tin trashcan and a 60w lightbulb. Ecellent in winter/fall[translation: This is a great idea for the winter and fall seasons, or if you are in a colder climate]. Rifle is primed [But, there is still needing bondo, going to work on that here soon]. lol. gonna add mechanics soon as i notificy ze massster [once its bondo'ed]. lol drunk i think i ma now [omg,wtf,bbq]. lol.

Ps... look what just came in tonight!
293851_724146228278_1844461770_n.jpg

Bondo work is preferred outdoors cause when you sand it it gets EVERYWHERE. make sure you wear your respirator as the stuff gets into your mucous membranes as well.

Bondo work is preferred outdoors cause when you sand it it gets EVERYWHERE. make sure you wear your respirator as the stuff gets into your mucous membranes as well.
Thanks man! I will probably do the bondo inside, but sand it outside. Iz zat okeey?

you wanna do the Bondo curing in your heatbox in a garage cause the stuff still stinks but it's not as harmful as resin. you will still want some ventilation though. but yea that sounds good. in the garage with a door open bc it can still be harmful. I don't believe I'll be ready for H4 what about you?

oh my god what I'am seeing u_u call of duty skull HEAD !!! you are SATAN !!!!!

Haha! So much so Bric, so much so... lol I can't wait to use it!

you wanna do the Bondo curing in your heatbox in a garage cause the stuff still stinks but it's not as harmful as resin. you will still want some ventilation though. but yea that sounds good. in the garage with a door open bc it can still be harmful. I don't believe I'll be ready for H4 what about you?

Nice, I'll do that, but I was thinking about making a temp shed of my own somehow since i'm down a garage, or any kinda shelter that isn't going to not stink up my home. I won't be ready, but as i post this, im rushing my gun... :(( I wanted to go and making this perfect, but I think its more about getting through it the first time or two and then going to do the "final". I think i'm moreso on my "second" try for everything. The important part is pacing myself, as I really don't have a good grasp on attention span. I can pep out stuff really well, and do the resin pretty dang well plus that bondo. But I think its about trying through the hard stuff, like silence of the work and the absence of deneros. What I mean by that is that I didn't get to finish the armor in time for deadline #2 out of 3, but I still have one more to look forward too... Armigedda-con. I saw a spartan today on the street, and it was quite a choking moment to know that they got there, I was so proud of them and kinda ashamed of me, but then again, there's that attention span hitting me up pretty hard. So I just want to say thanks to everyone who has been following me, because while for some this is a hobby, I am finding more and more this is getting me through the hard stuff. Heh, whatever that means ;) But this is a major shout-out to all those who have been keeping me motivated, as I will just concentrate on making the best stuff possible, and then build on that.

Axio.

EDIT: Just got to try Halo 4, seems like a good job done so far 343... I just got the point where you land on the Forerunner world <requiem> and Cortana explains how to save herself. I hope this works... she's pretty ... hot.

New site logo! woot! Working on forearms... will post pic shortly. We will get this piece done.

EDIT: See? Not dead yet!
550272_728355936988_211218807_n.jpg

EDIT 2: I need some help here, would anyone in the USA mind linking me a couple of RELIABLE AND EXCELLENT respirators/masks I could use for resin/bondo for long term usage? I know it needs to be rated 100 and a "p" filter, but I would like a few good brands to look into or some links. I get the feeling that Home Depot won't cut it: my last respirator from them had holes in it. I'll head to the local marine shop, but I got a suggestion from a co-worker about a local industrial supply store, I'll check them out, but 405thers', I need help!

Look for the standard 2 side pink filter respirator. Home Depot, Low, Lumber yards, and hardware carry them just don't go with the el-cheapo one's and you will do well.
I have had mine for 10 years, changing out filters at least once a year. ( pink is the Organic filter)

My great "Sempai" have spoken! Thanks guys!

Thorn: I got mine at Home Depot... maybe I got a defective one. Didn't get my money back though... was a week or two outside of the return time.

Carp: Thanks man, I'll get the 3M model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back