I got this... I'm gonna try SCIENCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to tell ya, I'm more than impressed how far your pep work has come. Want to see more resin work, yet to see any bondo from ya. I'm sure it'll all be of the same high standard; I want to start the hours long Skype calls again, and help you with the electronics. The things we'll build...
Out.

UNDERSTOOD SENSEI! =^-^=

I'm working on getting my workspace more awesome atm guys, so after the move, I'll start crankin out more of the stuff... for now... here's a pic of AWESOME.

1064730_790871645008_1930168451_o.jpg

1040308_790872318658_885918095_o.jpg

Credit goes to Troopercooper!

Thanks Mstruvmgc!

UPDATE: 7/16/2013
I just moved, and I'll start pumping out new armor soon!!!!

So, Just letting everyone know I'm not dead... yet... just happily married now (aug 24th), moved into a new HOUSE! (July 28th), and now my 2nd job is quieting down (sept 16th). So, Now i'm gonna clean that house up, now that things have died down, and people are gonna get to see my awesomeness, and maybe a con or two!?

Ps... inspiration:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry... Double post. Found something cool; I'm thinking of going with A... but a slight variation. Whats your opinion?

-props go to ShadowofIntent!

Heh, I remember this! In the end I used method A, but with the visor behind the "lip". To fit it in front would have needed really precise bending skills, wheras anything up to 1cm can be fixed with filler if it's behind.

The original reason I had this problem was because the JFO helmet model I used didn't differentiate between the visor and the "lip", so I cut it all off, not realising there was meant to be a vertical part to attach it on. I re-printed the visor, cut the edges away then glued and fibreglassed it onto the helmet. You can see the before/after images here:

th_17.jpg th_24.jpg

Hot glue made a really strong bond between the acrylic and the fibreglass. After that I just masked it off and filled the gaps with isopon P38!

Heh, I remember this! In the end I used method A, but with the visor behind the "lip". To fit it in front would have needed really precise bending skills, wheras anything up to 1cm can be fixed with filler if it's behind.

The original reason I had this problem was because the JFO helmet model I used didn't differentiate between the visor and the "lip", so I cut it all off, not realising there was meant to be a vertical part to attach it on. I re-printed the visor, cut the edges away then glued and fibreglassed it onto the helmet. You can see the before/after images here:

th_17.jpg th_24.jpg

Hot glue made a really strong bond between the acrylic and the fibreglass. After that I just masked it off and filled the gaps with isopon P38!

Very very nice! I do appreciate the tip Shadow, and the advice! All for free, Wow! The best things in life ... are... less than 20$ these days! Like bondo and cardstock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back