i have a question i have been dying to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

death

ok like i said before, i am planning to mold my friend's halo 3 legendary edition helmet. the thing is though, its not really, um... head shaped. :cautious: i have seen pics of armor here that people made and the helmet is more spherical. the legendary edition helmet is prolly too short to fit my head in, meaning i could put it on but my chit would stick out the bottom. also, its sort of long. from the front of the visor to the back of the head its long. so it looks like an oval from an overhead view. is there a way to possibly mold it a special way so that the final product wont have these flaws?

death said:
ok like i said before, i am planning to mold my friend's halo 3 legendary edition helmet. the thing is though, its not really, um... head shaped. :cautious: i have seen pics of armor here that people made and the helmet is more spherical. the legendary edition helmet is prolly too short to fit my head in, meaning i could put it on but my chit would stick out the bottom. also, its sort of long. from the front of the visor to the back of the head its long. so it looks like an oval from an overhead view. is there a way to possibly mold it a special way so that the final product wont have these flaws?

Make it thicker on the right and left sides... :\

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt mold the helmet, I'd make your own, molding the helmet which isnt even 100% accurate wont give off a very good helmet, Look at anyone with molded armor and see how they have a much more detailed realistic cheif looking helmet.

The helmet is just plain too small. I'm making a molded helmet off of it with clay and to get it to Bluerealm size I've had to add 3/4 inch clay to all sides plus my own detailing.

Thats why we need shrink rays, we could shrink helmets too big, and scale them larger if too small. Like Sigma said, the only way to make it work is to "redo" the helmet with clay.

AoBfrost said:
Thats why we need shrink rays, we could shrink helmets too big, and scale them larger if too small. Like Sigma said, the only way to make it work is to "redo" the helmet with clay.

lol that would be awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
You could silicone rubber it, then use liquid rubber, the cut it up and bondo it the do it all over again(with out the cutting up of course).

my friend did this with his as well, except he used a certain kind of "clay-ish" material at the chin. this certain material is meant to expand so when he put it on, it took form and then it expanded downward and a little sideways. looks good. ill try to get the name of the material if you'd like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back