I have a suit of ODST armor I bought but I dont know how to attach it to me or set it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tman10117

16488596404634487000357026814081.jpg

I bought the armor from a guy in Russia off of etsy and now the shop is gone along with the post of the armor so I dont know how to set it up and which peice is what or how to wear the armor. Its just hard plastic airsoft grade plates with nothing on the inside to attach them. Please help.

Hello Tman10117! Welcome to the forum! We would love to help you out! Strapping of armor is an age-old question and everybody has their own way of doing it. Unfortunately, there's not really a standard way (at least not one that I know of). I am also working on an ODST and have been struggling with strapping almost as long as I have spent actually making the armor.

To figure out what piece goes where, you can do a simple Google search for ODST armor or check out the rookie cosplay guide put out by 343i. I'm sure there's a link to it somewhere on the forum... Generally, there's a helmet (should be fairly obvious), two shoulder pieces (big squares connected by a smaller square), two forearms (generally cylindrical in shape) one chest piece (doesn't look like it would fit anywhere else) with attached or maybe not attached an pieces, two thighs (probs the only pieces with holes big enough for thighs), two shins (weirdly complicated tubes with a flat front), and two boot covers (small arched pieces).

personally, I have been using snaps to secure the shoulders, friction to secure the forearms, and I'm working on the leg pieces as we speak. The chest plate for me is hard but I'm going to use the weird backpack straps that may or may not have been included in your purchase to hold the chest in place. A lot of people use Velcro, or nylon straps that connect to your belt or w/e. I would suggest looking at various builds to get ideas. Also someone else may post after me with a great idea!
That's a great thing about this forum is there are all kinds of people with all kinds of knowledge and experience.

Here is my build ODST Build 1: The Journey Begins

There are some good reference images on page 4 (maybe 5?) And eventually I will post stuff about my leg strapping when I finalize it.

Welcome to the party!

Upvote 0
Thank you but I'm really bad at all of this and my peices dont exactly fit the description so it would help a lot if someone could video call me or something and walk me through it. Be my mentor of sorts.

Upvote 0
Thank you but I'm really bad at all of this and my peices dont exactly fit the description so it would help a lot if someone could video call me or something and walk me through it. Be my mentor of sorts.
A lot of this hobby is just trying stuff and it not working, then trying to fix it and eventually getting it working. Especially if it's your first build. I can't tell you how many ideas I have tried and trashed. Take the shot and see what happens!

With regards to your pieces, from top to bottom, left to right:

Helmet
First row: Boot covers, elbow pieces, chest plate, maybe shoulder straps?

Second row: Shoulder armor, thigh(s?), front of shins, ab pieces, back of forearms
Below the thighs in the pic are ab pieces that go around on your sides and that small rectangle above the forearm backs is I'm guessing belt buckle.

Last row: front of forearms, back of shins, hip plates and butt plate in the bottom right corner.

Upvote 0
Do you know what material it is made of? That would help get an idea of what adhesives to use. FalseShepard shared some pretty good info that should get you started! And just a heads up: the 405th and airsoft (or armour used for protective purposes) don't mix - so we can only give advice for fitting the armour for purposes such as cosplay, not activities that require it to be durable for safety.

Upvote 0
While it is a different kit, from a different maker, Sean Bradley offers an instruction kit for his ODST kit that can probably be adapted to this kit:

Upvote 0
This appears to be vacuum formed. You are going to need some Nylon Strapping for sure and probably some wide elastic. A lot of armor is secured by parachute buckles and you may want a few adjsuters with those as well to help cinch stuff up once on. I would also be sure to go ahead and fit this to any undersuit you plan on wearing with it such as general fatigues or BDU's. Installing snaps is a great way to go as well. You can always drill and pop rivet those in place in your armor.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back