i have NO idea what i'm doing haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0wb0n3z

hey there! i'm a first-timer and i'm hoping to recreate caboose's armour for a con in july- how much foam will i need for mk v armour if i'm 5'1, and where should i look for blueprints? also, what material do you use for visors? general tips are also appreciated- ty!

Aloha, welcome to the 405th! If you're looking for templates, check out the Armory. Which version (AKA Halo game) of Caboose would you be looking to make?

For getting an estimate of foam, have a look at our foam guide here (I've specifically linked to the post estimating foam amount usage).

I don't have very much experience with visors, but I have made a simple one using a PETG plastic sheet and reflective window tinting. I used window tinting because I'm limited to what I can get in my country - you may be able to get reflective spray paints instead. Alternatively, have a look at something like the material IconProps sells. If you want your visor shaped, you'd be looking at the vacuum forming method. You can do this yourself, or alternatively, find someone who sells those specific visors/is open to commissions. Sorry about the sparse info on visors, I'm sure somebody can help fill in the gaps.

Aloha, welcome to the 405th! If you're looking for templates, check out the Armory. Which version (AKA Halo game) of Caboose would you be looking to make?

For getting an estimate of foam, have a look at our foam guide here (I've specifically linked to the post estimating foam amount usage).

I don't have very much experience with visors, but I have made a simple one using a PETG plastic sheet and reflective window tinting. I used window tinting because I'm limited to what I can get in my country - you may be able to get reflective spray paints instead. Alternatively, have a look at something like the material IconProps sells. If you want your visor shaped, you'd be looking at the vacuum forming method. You can do this yourself, or alternatively, find someone who sells those specific visors/is open to commissions. Sorry about the sparse info on visors, I'm sure somebody can help fill in the gaps.
i was thinking about doing his halo 4 version, but looking at it again his halo 3 version would probably be simpler. i'm australian as well, so i'll probably have to do the window tinting too. i'll check out the links, thank you so much!

This title resonates with me a lot.
I think PlanetAlexander nailed the basics of quick steps you'll need to go through. Since you mentioned that your event is in July cr0wb0n3z probably a Halo CE (Halo: Combat Evolved - MJOLNIR Mark V) or Halo 3 (Halo 3 - MJOLNIR Mark VI - Standard LD) appearance will be quickest to assemble and get wearable within a relatively short timeframe.

To help with estimates, if you're building with the most budget friendly foam (puzzle mat floor tiles) you'll likely need 3-4 of the 4 packs to account for possible mistakes while learning and have enough left over for a prop.

Another option for visors is a motorcycle visor. The main downside is that it doesn't have the details most spartan visors have, but that's not really a problem for a MK V since it's smooth (at least in CE). But for the pros of it, it's already tinted and it has great visibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back