I kinda messed up.. need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull3t

Jr Member
So i saw this site and i was like omg i need to make a helmet. So before thinking i rushed down to the local staples and bought some card stock. The problem is it is only 67 lbs :mad:. I am almost done putting all the pep together and i was wondering, is there any sort of way i can reinforce the cardstock so the resin won't totally warp the helmet?

67lb should work, did you scale the pieces also?

67lb will withstand the resin, but make sure you put it on THIN on your first layer.

There have been some people that have reinforced the inside of there pep helm with cardboard, I DO NOT KNOW if they where using 67lb cardstock or not. If that doesn't work I would either 1. Redo the helm with 110lb OR 2. put the fiber glass on VERY lightly and in many layers, and make sure that its dry before you put the next layer on. Hope that helps!!!

-Matt

Thanks for the comments. I'll try lightly adding the resin first so i don't have to ask my sis to give me a ride down to staples again (only 14 :'{).
AoBfrost said:
67lb should work, did you scale the pieces also?
Yes i did scale

Last edited by a moderator:
I used Bulls Eye Shellac sealer and finish to harden up my helmet before I added any resin to it. a few light coats of it will significantly harden card stock. Plus I stuffed the inside of the helm with news paper balled up to help keep it from distorting when i started to add resin layers. Worked like a charm

I know someone back then used 67lb because their printer wouldnt print anything higher, I remembered they made a helmet and resin/glassed it fine.

spartan 161 said:
I used Bulls Eye Shellac sealer and finish to harden up my helmet before I added any resin to it. a few light coats of it will significantly harden card stock. Plus I stuffed the inside of the helm with news paper balled up to help keep it from distorting when i started to add resin layers. Worked like a charm
How much does that usually run for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back