I KNOW WHOS BEHIND THE MASTER CHIEFS HELMET!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caps aint the cruze control for cool...

<.<

And you guys need to read the books, you all sound like a bunch of babling noobs :birthday: .

-Doom

smilie120 said:
well Bill Gates does onwn microsoft and they did develop the 360 and halo 3 will be on the 360 so its as good a chance as any others right?
but i dont want it to be him or il kill myself coz hes a geek :lol:

thats dumb dude, geek or not he's a billionare and if it is him i can believe that, cause he probly invented ways to become super bill gate aka masterchief ,lol (but yea that guy would be a little wierd under the helmet of MC

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Doom. Go read the books, then draw pictures of your personal interpretations....Or not, I don't care. Either way, this discussion is silly, not to mention incredibly cliche...

Good point, guess I should've paid attention to the posts prior to thisismadness2's.....Sorry for encouraging. In my defense, I wasn't the initial bumper.

that would be kinda retarted if it was bill gates, u would be sitting there at the end of the game when he's about to take of his helmet going omg!.......omg.....its.....its!......ITS........BILL GA? WTF?!?!

they arent going to show his face in halo 3 we discussed this before.....i dont thnik they will because theyl loose fans ect....better to keep it a mystery i think

SPARTAN+MJOLNIR=OWNAGE said:
Yeah, whoever made the video was a modder. Modders are people who put 'Mod Chips' in their Xbox (or ps2, Gamecube, 360, whatever), which allow them to create or download programs that alter the defaults in a specific game. for example, they can increase the speed of the fan in Zanzibar, make Warthogs pink, or even have the SMG fire rockets.
In that vid (and several others like it), the modder detatched the camera from it's normal position and flew it back into the Longsword Jet.
Bungie no doubt had the Helet-under-helmet for just such an occasion.

Lmao. Blaming everything on a modding chip?

That footage was from Halo PC which happened to have a DEV CAM that you could move around. It also worked for 3rd person views.

Uhh yeah.. Heres pictures i took from like the first part of Halo 2. All i did was use Yelo to change the camera angle and it shows that theres a helmet on his head before he puts his helmet on.

01c45bd5004c5260du6.png

01c45bd503ae1b00ov6.png

01c45bd512ec6360ot8.png

It just doesn't make sense from a game development point

You're adding how many polys + textures just incase someone does this trick?

Another mark against it is that Bungie has been tightening up the bounding boxes, meaning that you shouldn't be able to get this shot

Not without moding either the code or the models

My vote lies with replacing the models and altering the bounding boxes (or removing them)

That, or like one of the posters there said, Bungies screwing with people

Yeah I think bungie is messing people about. I mean, theres bound to be atleast 1,000 people who wont like the ending in halo3. And what if it was like Michale Jakson behind the chiefs mask? Would you still like him? Then bungie would loose even more fans. I think it better if the chief doesent show his face. Then theres somthing mysterious about him, so well never know who he really is! Its MENT to be that way people! BUNGIE WILL NOT SHOW HIS FACE BECAUSE OF THE FINACIAL LOSS! An personaly I dont want them to!

Bungie will not show his face because:
The Master chief is a Symbolic hero, he may have a name and identity. But his main presence is symbolic, he is symbolizing the ultimate warrior, a savior of humanity from the end of the world(in reference to john-117). He is a hero, if a hero reveals his identity then he places himself at risk. The is a hero, not a person, he is an idea. Ideas are bulletproof(taken from v for vendetta), thats why he will not die, and he will take off his mask. he represents everyone.

The face of the Master Chief is never revealed. His visor is solid reflective gold, like the faceplates of the Apollo astronauts. Halo 's designers see the Master Chief's facelessness as a dramatic device, a way of allowing players to place themselves in the game's leading role, to map their own faces onto that of a blank protagonist. "If he takes off the helmet, he should be you," says Marty O'Donnell, Halo 's audio director. "I mean, that's the big deal. Taking off the helmet is unacceptable." Engineering lead Chris Butcher agrees: "It's your experience. You have to be able to pour yourself into that icon." When nongamers look at the Master Chief's helmet, they see a forbidding, anonymous mask. But when gamers look at it, they see a mirror. They see themselves.

You will never see his face, because he is YOU!

**EDIT** straight from TIME Mag, which is straight from Bungie designers to be exact...

TwistedCory said:
You will never see his face, because he is YOU!

**EDIT** straight from TIME Mag, which is straight from Bungie designers to be exact...
i just read that article XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back