I need a Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Baker

Hey guys this is a sad thing to say but I cant work on any armor for a little while.I was wondering if any of you guys could sell me a helmet.I am kinda low on cash so if you could make it under 80 bucks then I would be happy.Try to make it fit a kid becuase its for my son.

Thanx

Hey guys this is a sad thing to say but I cant work on any armor for a little while.I was wondering if any of you guys could sell me a helmet.I am kinda low on cash so if you could make it under 80 bucks then I would be happy.Try to make it fit a kid becuase its for my son.

No offense, but you might just as well ask somebody to make a helmet for you and then pay you to take it.

Yeah, gotta agree here. The cost of the materials alone is way above 80 bucks to begin with and that's not even including labor (if someone decided to add that in there) - You might fare better looking for a halloween quality prop. Might be worth checking out some websites, as Halloween is approaching, there might be a site out there that makes them.

The cost of the materials alone is way above 80 bucks to begin with and that's not even including labor ...

I agree. Most of us who venture to this site has the love and passion to build the costumes. I don't think we can easily put a price on the helmet you are seeking. If we add labor to the price (we are talking minumum wage), a high quality helmet can easily cost $300 and up.

Someone may have some mold readily available to sell you for much less, but $80 is still probably too low for asking price.

Um yes. I will definately have to agree with these guys. Ive been building for a while and i realized the more i build the more i would probably charge so sorry. O, also i saw a rough cast of a halo 3 mastercheif helmet with no detail and no paint and it went for over 140$. So that stinks 4 u but helmets are expensive.

I made my daughters helmet with about $15 worth of material, lol @way more than $80. You might not find a cast for $80, but I'm sure you could easily find a pep/fiberglass helmet for that. Heck, if I had time I would make you one. My kids helmet took me 3 days start to finish. If its for a child it doesn't have to be a perfect freaking replica.

would also help to know what helmet your looking for cuse i need a helmet dosent really fill in those blanks of what type of helmet it is

I have a fiberglassed Halo 3 Marine helmet if you're interested. Unfinished obviously, but at least a lot of the tedious work is out of the way. Let me know if it might be something of interest.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back