i need a new mmorpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Lineage 2

Better graphics than Wow, and there's castle and castle siege, pretty funny :p

Also Eve Online.

Both cost money tho.

I'm looking for a pirate-ish MMO... I want to try out the cannons and crap. I've played WoW (3 years, and people say it's not a waste of time... *blech*), EQ, EQII, oh... and many others. I know PotBS and PotCO have just come out! I tried the PotCO trial, and the sea part was fun, but the land part seemed not the best. As far as I know, PotBS doesn't have a trial, so I have no basis to decide upon. I honestly know almost nothing about it, except a lot of response has negative feedback.

I'm looking forward to Warhammer Online:AoR, Spore, and many others which will probably disappoint me.

As far as the list, check out:
FlyFF, Corum, and Rappelz at
http://www.gpotato.com/

cholo71796 said:
I'm looking for a pirate-ish MMO... I want to try out the cannons and crap. I've played WoW (3 years, and people say it's not a waste of time... *blech*), EQ, EQII, oh... and many others. I know PotBS and PotCO have just come out! I tried the PotCO trial, and the sea part was fun, but the land part seemed not the best. As far as I know, PotBS doesn't have a trial, so I have no basis to decide upon. I honestly know almost nothing about it, except a lot of response has negative feedback.

I'm looking forward to Warhammer Online:AoR, Spore, and many others which will probably disappoint me.

As far as the list, check out:
FlyFF, Corum, and Rappelz at
http://www.gpotato.com/

You know Warhammer got delayed til the fall right?

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so far ive wiki'ed a few most popular of the suggestions, visited a few of the home pages and heres what i came up with.

guild wars - has finite ends it sounds like and id have to buy a disc, srry but i dont need one that bad,

lineage II - i dont wanna pay for membership and it also sounds like its got a get here and u beat it point from what ive read

everquest series- if i have to buy a new one after a while and they dont just update it ill be to lazy to buy it

pirates mmo- come on how lame can that be? disney is just looking to milk every last drop out of there pirates cash cow

stargate worlds- its a definate possibility that ill try that one, if ill actualy play it alot is not

EVE- ok i actualy tried this one, i didnt like it to much a lil to complex for my tastes but otherwise it was good

i cant think of any of the others that ive looked up so far, this is about it. yes i am VERY picky when it comes to my games lol, you dont have to tell me. and these are just my opinions yours could be completely different than mine so no use getting mad. ill do some more homework later today, maybe post some more, but u know i was kinda thinking that if i want a game to my exact liking maybe i should learn to make mmo's and assemble a team to help me make one:lol:

Vrogy said:
I have a suggestion: don't.

They're a MONUMENTAL waste of time. Instead, do something productive and meaningful..

:oops: One of your best post to dates. So true it deserves a 'duh' smiley.

For a pirate MMO, I was one of the beta tester of Bounty Bay Online. It's free, and you might want to try it.

Even if I hated the closed-beta...

Jaxjags2100 said:
So you're looking for a FREE mmo?

well not necessarily, as long as i dont have to go buy disc updates for it whenever they have one, i dont mind paying for a subscription, and those of you who are saying only dont, please lay off, we know they are a waste of time, we know we could be doing something more productive, but we enjoy these games wether you decide to do something else or not, please dont try to tell someone how to spend their time unless they are seriously addicted and do absolutely nothing else, you would know this because i wouldnt have even started this thread if i was that addicted, i would have just picked one after the other untill i found one that i liked or i would have started to play wow. just because i like the more hardcoere games on my xbox, aka games without minigames in them and arent rpg's/mmo's doesnt mean i cant be a more "casual" gamer on my pc. as you can see from the wii's sales that more ppl like to just play something thats meaningless and has no story line or end (like wii sports, or one of those other mini-game selections) i just want a simple mmo that i can log in do a cheesy quest or lvl up without there being some kind of exceedingly large amount of time needed to put into it, or i can stop whenever i want and come back to the same spot not from a checkpoint or at the beginning of a stage, but it also needs a large number of skills abilities and items that i can amass. all im basically looking for is a time filler for when i send games back to gamefly, i only spend like an 30 mins to an hour playing normal games anyway, unless we have the whole day of or some thing then i might go for 2 or 3 but thats if i cant find anything better to do such as work on my armor, or just play with the extra clay i have and try and make stuff.

thoren said:
well not necessarily, as long as i dont have to go buy disc updates for it whenever they have one, i dont mind paying for a subscription

Hmmmm....well all games are going to have disc's and most have disc's to update the game when expansion packs come out. Some games have digital expansion pack downloads available but not all. Like WoW for example, their new expansion "scheduled" for this fall. It will be on disc, but I'm not sure if it will be available via digital download.

LastSpartan said:
Almost all the mmorpgs are available for download.

Lineage 2 and Eve are available via download.

Well from what I've heard about Lineage 2 is it's a gank fest. And I've never played EVE. I'd hold off since new MMOs are coming out this year...the next gen in MMO's...Warhammer and Conan

runescape was never on a disc that ive heard of, and you didnt have to download anything for it, (not that i wont im just saying u didnt have to) same thing for EL which only worked for a lil while then i got banned for "item drop spamming" er something like that, it was kinda dumb but i guess thats y they made stuff in rs stackable, i still think itd be kool to make my own mmo but i haven't got the skills or the tools to do so =/

thoren said:
runescape was never on a disc that ive heard of, and you didnt have to download anything for it, (not that i wont im just saying u didnt have to) same thing for EL which only worked for a lil while then i got banned for "item drop spamming" er something like that, it was kinda dumb but i guess thats y they made stuff in rs stackable, i still think itd be kool to make my own mmo but i haven't got the skills or the tools to do so =/

Runescape was kinda lame in my opinion....it lacked the depth of other MMOs. But if that's your preference then go for it. I don't know of any other games like that though

hmm, i supose it did lack depth, but it was still fun, idk i just dont like them to seem like they have finite endings and then all u can do is train ur character stronger and kill other players for fun, i like it to keep going, i supose you could make a story-ish setting without it having an actual ending? and just have a growing list of side quests and things to do from the start. and no level caps either, you could train as long as you like and continue to gain lvls lol, but pking would have to be contained to a area or a server or 4 i guess, but if there is no end its is more likely that ppl will continue to play right? unless there is some update that ruins the game for you. idk im just kinda thinking out type here, i should write all the stuff i want down and try to assemble some sort of game story/back story to base one on lol. then i could change it and edit it if i find something better that i like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back