I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WearableTundra7

So I am almost finished with my armor and have attached it all to the undersuit. My one problem is that I can’t find a way to keep the thigh and shin pieces from falling down due to gravity. How can I keep them from falling off?

For my master chief suit I used a combination of velcro and sew-on snaps, and they stay put perfectly. I'd recommend something like that.

So I am almost finished with my armor and have attached it all to the undersuit. My one problem is that I can’t find a way to keep the thigh and shin pieces from falling down due to gravity. How can I keep them from falling off?
What type of armor? Do you have any pictures. I agree with random rangers, as long as you dont connect all of both legs and put a lot of weight on it. I tried velcro but it didnt work very well. I found if you put padding on the inside to get it snug, and run a line through loops in the undersuit, sort of like a belt on your thigh, it works great. Elastic will help to hold it to your leg also, but will eventually slip down.

Aight thanks. Here is the upper body since I couldn’t find a way to get the legs on. I still have to paint all the pieces. What type of padding would be good? Would putting Eva foam in it work or would another foam work better?

Thanks

What type of armor? Do you have any pictures. I agree with random rangers, as long as you dont connect all of both legs and put a lot of weight on it. I tried velcro but it didnt work very well. I found if you put padding on the inside to get it snug, and run a line through loops in the undersuit, sort of like a belt on your thigh, it works great. Elastic will help to hold it to your leg also, but will eventually slip down.
[/QUOTE

1566748214714.jpeg

So yeah I did the same thing really. But to help keep things from moving around I glued foam cubes into place inside each piece so when you put the armor on it hugs the body part it's riding on and keeps it stable. It does make it a little more difficult when you put the armor on but it also make for long term comfort. I hope this helps you out and good luck!

It sure did thanks bro
So yeah I did the same thing really. But to help keep things from moving around I glued foam cubes into place inside each piece so when you put the armor on it hugs the body part it's riding on and keeps it stable. It does make it a little more difficult when you put the armor on but it also make for long term comfort. I hope this helps you out and good luck!

Aight thanks. Here is the upper body since I couldn’t find a way to get the legs on. I still have to paint all the pieces. What type of padding would be good? Would putting Eva foam in it work or would another foam work better?

Thanks
I found egg crate foam works good, but I used this stuff for my shoulders, forearms, thighs, and shins and it worked great. I also have plenty left. Amazon Sign-In

I would not use eva foam, and in my helmet I used the foam you put ontop of your beds mattress. It is absolutly amazing. This may be good to use on body armor too

I found egg crate foam works good, but I used this stuff for my shoulders, forearms, thighs, and shins and it worked great. I also have plenty left. Amazon Sign-In

I would not use eva foam, and in my helmet I used the foam you put ontop of your beds mattress. It is absolutly amazing. This may be good to use on body armor too
ok thanks I’ll order some and show it when it’s all done

WearableTundra7 here's the pics I promised
IMG_20190825_135417.jpg
IMG_20190825_135412.jpg

The belt loops have a tendency to break because the waist is poorly fitted, but it does a decent job holding my thighs, just gotta unbuckle it to sit down.

his is really easy to setup, but I'm sure there are better ways to do it.

Last edited:
For my master chief suit I used a combination of velcro and sew-on snaps, and they stay put perfectly. I'd recommend something like that.
I've seen this method as well. I don't know if Spacemeat has any YouTube vids on his current Air Assault suit, but for the tech suit he has a combo of magnets and snaps sewn in to hold everything in place.

WearableTundra7 here's the pics I promised
View attachment 276987View attachment 276988
The belt loops have a tendency to break because the waist is poorly fitted, but it does a decent job holding my thighs, just gotta unbuckle it to sit down.

his is really easy to setup, but I'm sure there are better ways to do it.
Ok thanks. One more question I have is how did u secure the inner buckle to the strap because when I tried hot glue it eventually broke.

Ok thanks. One more question I have is how did u secure the inner buckle to the strap because when I tried hot glue it eventually broke.
I had buckles breaking off all the time, that's when I decided to start reinforcing it. Every buckle I have is connected to a strap that is glued down and then perpendicular to that strap (making a nylon + pattern) I have another strap glued down like it's life depends on it, cause it does.

I had buckles breaking off all the time, that's when I decided to start reinforcing it. Every buckle I have is connected to a strap that is glued down and then perpendicular to that strap (making a nylon + pattern) I have another strap glued down like it's life depends on it, cause it does.
Do you have a picture of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back