I need some advice on completing my Recon helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamehazard

So, I printed out some paper so I could make a Recon Helmet.

I finished the paper part, put some fiberglass on it, fiberglass resin and some putty.

Now, here's what I've made so far

938fa639ea.jpg3c2efbe99d.jpg7ca9123a6d.jpg

Obviously, I still need to do the work to finish it.

Now, my issue lies with this:

6fe0830055.jpg

How do I fix these holes?
Do I have to add putty to each and every single one of these minute little ****s?
If so, I'm going to be busy for a long time... :/

Also, for the ones more knowledgeable in creating Halo helmets,

You probably noticed that there is a large chunk of the supposed black parts in the recon helmet.

Here's what I was planning, making those parts out of rubber. So, it's flexible yet tight at the same time.

(Reference image)
f55b8106f6.jpg

As you can see, the black parts have a rubbery look to them, which is why I wanted them to be made from a different material.

Would anyone know what kind of material I could use to make those?

Thank all of you in advance ^^

Easy fixes for those holes. All you need is to use 80 grit sand paper to sand it smooth and get rid of the dents but while still keeping the shape of the helmet. After 80, you can work your way down to 150, 220, 320, and finish off with 400.Just dont sand it to thin or you would sand the resin. if it gets to close to the resin and paper, you can use spot putty or either regular bondo multi purpose putty. simple sanding and smoothing stuff for that problem. As to the rubber idea, personally, i would have left them, and just painted a flat or satin black, which why it gives it the rubber look. If you dont want to do the rubber idea, you could take simple 3mm sintra, trace the shapes of cut outs on paper, and then transfer it to sinta and then krazy glue them on. just plain and simple layering of the sintra. i cant really offer an idea on the rubber portion because when i made my recon, i left those parts on, and just painted them with flat black with gloss clear coat. Hope what i had offered helps!

Edit: i noticed that the4 indented brow and the bottom lip brow were cut off. do you still have the cut off parts?

Thanks for the advice, i'll look into the sintra plates, also, what do you mean by "brow" parts? :/

sorry bout the confusion lol its the pieces connected to the front vents. they go all the way around and under the back rounded main piece

those as well as this part(highlighted in red): IMG_2351_zpswxhcwiiv.jpg

if you still have those cut out pieces, you may actually be able to just glue them back in and not have to do the sintra way

Attachments

• IMG_2351_zpswxhcwiiv.jpg
    IMG_2351_zpswxhcwiiv.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 203
So, I printed out some paper so I could make a Recon Helmet.

I finished the paper part, put some fiberglass on it, fiberglass resin and some putty.

Now, here's what I've made so far

View attachment 16052View attachment 16053View attachment 16054

Obviously, I still need to do the work to finish it.

Now, my issue lies with this:

View attachment 16048

How do I fix these holes?
Do I have to add putty to each and every single one of these minute little ****s?
If so, I'm going to be busy for a long time... :/

Also, for the ones more knowledgeable in creating Halo helmets,

You probably noticed that there is a large chunk of the supposed black parts in the recon helmet.

Here's what I was planning, making those parts out of rubber. So, it's flexible yet tight at the same time.

(Reference image)
View attachment 16050

As you can see, the black parts have a rubbery look to them, which is why I wanted them to be made from a different material.

Would anyone know what kind of material I could use to make those?

Thank all of you in advance ^^

Bondo glazing putty will easily take care of those. It comes in a tube and you spread it on with a spreader. I use it for the final touchups on an area

- - - Updated - - -

Bondo glazing putty will easily take care of those. It comes in a tube and you spread it on with a spreader. I use it for the final touchups on any area

Bondo glazing putty is a liquidish putty that spreads on very easily and with no effort at all. its about $5 and will take care of a lot of other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back