I need some guidances

Status
Not open for further replies.

zrath6

A while ago my friend introduced me to Pepakura, so i made myself the Recon helmet by BELAKOR. Now i have no idea where to go from here. I was hoping to be able to make a full suit, but i’m a bit overwhelmed and lost at the moment. Also the helmet fits fairly well, but is a bit hard to get on my head. will that be a problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trim the bottom to open it up a Lil more also if you haven't gone past the Pepakura stage you then put fiberglass resin on the inside and out side of your helmet to stiffen it then you apply fiberglass on the inside then you bondo the outside sand it smooth and detail and paint it

Another option is to make the rest of the suit out of foam... it is generally much cheaper and less complicated of a build process, but it is a little bit "harder" in that it is harder to make a foam build look good than a pep build. However, like I said, it is generally cheaper and you don't have to use a bunch of hardening chemicals and smoothing paste like fiberglass/bondo. Plus, foam suits are generally a lot lighter as well.

if your going to work with foam, from my experience i've spent 100-200 dollars max. Buy EVA foam from costco, its relatively cheap. And a heating gun is a must need.Unless you want to use a stove like i did in the beginning.

Full set

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly you could spend under $100 if you have all necessary tools and just buy materials but yeah.

could someone direct me to a guild for using foam.

Here is several Tuts made by a guy that I find highly skilled in foam work. Our own EVAkura.

YouTube video showing the EVA forming process I use for making the Exo-suit

#1 Contouring and Forming EVA for armor

Other Video tutorials can be found here:

#2 Making EVA detail lines

#3 Uses for Dremel with EVA

#4 Simple Electronics tips (LEDS)

#5 Creating Templates Tips

#6 Continuation of contour lines and templates

NEW! #7 EVA cutting techniques

Well, this is my build thread, and I will update it frequently!

Constructive criticism and comments always welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can pepakura be used to help generate the templates for you? Are how much harder is it to get the small details, like you can get with pepakura?
Also thanks for all the help so far.

Yes Pepa Kyra is used to make foam templates but the files need to be unfolded a different way to be foam.compatible or you can free ball it from reference photos

Is the difference in unfolding something that needs to happen right from the start, or is there something i can do to the file to make it work? and what is the difference in unfolding that would make it work or not?
Sorry i have so many questions

You can usually modify it. Just think about the difference between paper and foam. When you're doing foam, you only need the big pieces to go together, because of the thickness of the foam. Also, the foam cant be creased so you bend it...

Really this information is all out there. While we are happy to answer questions, we don't want to just spoon feed you all the info you need. It's just a matter of looking. Spend some time with google and generally just reading through the threads in this forum. See what people doing peoakura builds did. See what people doing foam builds did. Decide what's best for you. We don't want to just regurgitate information that is already freely available to you.

Also, if you want a master chief build then there's a full set of foam specific peoakura files available so you won't have to change anything

Well the spooning so far has been quite nice, and i appreciate everything. Now I think I have everything I need, with the possible exception of confidence. Again thank you for all your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back