i print..i cut..i glue..??? they dont align right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac2002

I know this question gets asked a whole LOT! but I'm new to this pepakura thing and would like to get some help or can anyone point me to the right thread...i'm trying to find the help but i guess i have to post this. HELP! :angry thanks!

- is there something i need to adjust in the pepakura designer?
* i just load the file and print them, ive tried two noble six helms and they both look like...:p Help

For the alignment problem, maybe if you posted some pics of your helmets, we could help you figure out the problem. Otherwise, we'd be shooting in the dark.

But since you claimed you're just "downloading and printing," that would be your first mistake. You need to size your pieces so they fit YOU. If you have just Pepakura Viewer, it's good to just view the files. But you need to size the parts, so you need to download Pepakura Designer. It's free and there are lots of threads and stickies that help you with sizing.
And if I may make a suggestion: PMing other forum members is the best solution to asking questions. It doesn't clog up the forums because you're not posting threads. Other members will be happy to help if you ask.

Good luck on your projects.
And welcome to the forums!

Stay Frosty.
Alexis

My first thought, if you haven't already, would be to go to the creation section then into the pep area. You can't post there yet but they have twice the tuts then are available in the noob forum. They talk about scaling as well as the best way to fold the paper to make sure things line up right. But as Saber said, there isn't much we can do with out a pict.

If one piece was cut from one page and it other half was cut from another page then when you scaled it and print, your printer may have adjusted the size of the picture on one page to fit in the printable area (made it smaller) it will only do that "per page" not all pages. Make sure all pieces fit within its respective borders.

yeah i did get the designer version, as for sizing the helmet ill hae to try that out. thanks and ill try to post a picture up as soon as i get home from work.

One thing is to note the mountain folds and valley folds. Make sure you're folding them correctly. Also, what are you using to glue the pieces together?

im using shool supply glue? elmers.. do i have to change the scale of the helmet? is there a standared size to mess with i got the reach helmet by mr oreo123 v1 then i tried making the other one from brandon mclain.

You don't have to scale the helmet, but if you want it to fit your head well, you should. I just take a measurement from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head and add an inch or two for padding. Elmers glue should be fine to work with. Like Saber said, its hard to figure exactly what the problem is with seeing it. Some advice I can offer is: 1) make sure your numbers are lined up as well as possible. 2) when joining two pieces, start at the most intricate part and work out (I find this makes it easier in the long run and there's less of a chance for misaligned numbers). 3) If there's a bunch of little tabs you need to glue, skip 2 or 3 at a time and come back to them afterwards (this also helps cut down on misaligned numbers). Hope this helps, if not, your best bet is to upload a picture so we know exactly whats going on. Happy building!

Are you taping the pieces too? I'm just wondering if maybe the pieces are sliding before the glue is dry enough. Otherwise, do as others have requested and take some pictures. We need to see what the issue is...

Elmers work good, Tacky is faster and just about the same price. And for the alignment problem yes match the numbers up as close as you can. some things will be off a little that's just the way it is on some of the pieces depending on the unfold/design.

ok so i decided to do an ODST helmet and followed..i think every suggestion given to me. printed it out and put everything, aligning the numbers together....now its a small helmet. I give up can somebody send me a file pre-scaled of an odst or a cast helm..I'll pay haha. i think i messed up on the scale

We can't really scale it for you unfortunately. We have no idea what ize helmet you would need. I myself wear an extra small motorcycle helmet, but my girfriend wears a small, and 2 of the people I'll be making suits for wear meduim. AKA: a helmet that fits me will not fit them, and a helmet that fits them properly will look too big on me. If you already have made one helmet and it came out small, scale it bigger and do it again. I'm working on my third helmet now as my first 2 I scaled wrong. It's all part of the learning process man. Remember, we're here to help, but we can't really do it for you.

Don't give up man, just keep at it. I'm sure you know the old addage: If at first you don't succeed..."

~Rex

I will try n get this right thanks for the encouragement. can anyone point me out on a article that shows how to scale and making the odst visor?

this is what i got so far followed everyone's advice thanks
photo4.jpg

just resin the out side
photo3.jpg

other side
photo2.jpg

rondo inside

Great work on the bondo, and clean work on the rondo, it's not all drippy like my first try was. The joy of the bondo stage is it covers anything you want to hide, but your pep was looking good anyways, so the bondo just made it better!

a lot of sanding...grrr! haha but well worth it thanks again for all the advice on my build here is the final primer with a visor im working on
ODST.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back