I Really Need Big Helppp :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

PmsProxy

Hi all ! :)

I really need some help, I have a few questions about my armor I'm currently making,

( please do not get mad at me for asking this, because I have read so many sticky's and I still cannot find the answers I need.)

Alright so first of all, I think I madly f***ing up in my helmet part of my armor.. I fiber glassed it first before I resend it.. so I though that I would resin it and so i did.. so I have the fiberglass on the inside and resin on the out but the fiberglass on the inside is looking kind of weird and I don't know its just weird looking..

Also I find its taking really long to dry even though I use more then enough hardener.. does anyone know the reason. but I have it in my basement drying and its not to cold or not to warm down there.

another thing is I have that bondo stuff everyone is talking about but I think mine is different.. It came in a can and that's it.. like no hardener came with it or anything it's just a plain can of bondo it kinda looking like paint but on the can it says " bondo" body filler. is this the same thing?

lastly I find my armor is all kinda big and iv been doing everything all the sticky's have been saying.. but I think Im just going to use what I have made and just "hem" it up haha!

Anyways I thank anyone who can answer one or any of my questions.. ohhhh ! ps I'm going to post some pictures on my profile tomorrow after school and rugby haha. so maybe that will help you guys understand what I'm talking about ( the weird looking fiberglass, and sizer difference)

Oh and guys I'm really sorry if i posted this in the wrong place.. I'm a " noob" as you would say and i just seen the thing for post a new topic.. but it I have this in the wrong place please tell me how to move it to somewhere it belongs :)

Anyways thanks all :)

xo PmsProxyy ! ;)

On my pieces i pep i just fiberglass the inside. I don't resin the outside or inside first because i use thick poster board when i pep. If it is less than 80 degrees f then the resin can take several days to dry. The bondo can is suppose to come with a small container of hardener. The bondo will not turn hard without the hardener.

Always check to make sure cans of bondo and resin have the hardener in them before you buy. It seems everytime I go to Walmart some jerk has stolen the hardeners out of half of them. You can buy the hardener separate but it will cost you a couple bucks.

To the resin, if it's tacky just add a coat of talcum powder to soak up the bit that hasn't hardened. You can also hit it with a heat gun to make sure you have the right mix to cure. You can also mix up a batch with extra hardener and recoat the whole thing and it will cure super fast. Any of those will work really.

Best of luck on your project.

When you buy bondo check it before so you know your getting both of them because some people like to steal the hardener. You can go out to Wal Mart & buy some hardener, also a few people resin the outside two times before they fiberglass the inside. When you use resin its 12 drops of liquid hardener for every ounce of resin. For the sizing problem with the helment you want to go from the chin to the top of your head & add a little to what you get to add room for padding.

What type of resin did you buy? If it's Epoxy Resin and you did the mix ratio wrong it sometimes will not dry, or take a VERY long time to dry.

Oh, and please post pictures so we can see what you're talking about.

Always measure twice, cut once. It helps so much in the long run to take your time and get the real correct measurements, you will thank yourself for a long time.

I hope this video tutorial will help you. Just send me or any other member a Private Message if you need any more help. Good luck!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsqTe-N7sEQ[/media]

I might be able to help with your sizing issues.

I had a problem with my stuff. I measured myself and was pretty sure that I got it right. Once I printed it all out, put it together then tried it on, it ended up being the perfect length, but it would be too big around! Since I too am a girl, some of the armor pieces were just too big on me since I don't have large forearms or big biceps like guys usually do. The armor is mostly sized for a guy and because of this, I have had to do quite a few alterations on my pieces.

As long as you are measuring correctly and the length seems fine but it's width is too much, you might just need to make alterations. But pictures of what you got so far would REALLY help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back