I shall call him... Mini Mjolnir. NEW UPDATES! 9-23-07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work, I like the "My other car is a Warthog" license plate in the background. Remember, internet people pick out RANDOM stuff in people's pictures.

Ares said:
Nice work, I like the "My other car is a Warthog" license plate in the background. Remember, internet people pick out RANDOM stuff in people's pictures.

Haha, thanks Ares. I work at a sign shop, so I did that lettering in vinyl on the back window of my truck. I cropped that pic on purpose to see how long it would take someone to notice. Nice job!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that this will be a Halloween that you little one never will forget. Seriously when he is 18 or something he's going to say: Dad do you remember the time that you build me Mc suit?

Great job dude..do your very best for him ;)

Wow, thats insanely cool! That little kid will be empowered with the will and spirit of the Master Chief forever! Not to mention all the kids on the block will be jealous. Cant wait to see the end results, looks KILLER so far!

That is so very cool! Great job making this for your son. I had made for my son a Obi-Wan Jedi outfit w/ Phantom Menace came out, and he's been into costuming with me ever since. (He's almost 18) Our next project is Spartan armor.

Good for you, like the others said, it's something he'll remember forever!

Thanks, guys. I did a bit more cleanup on the helmet, but haven't had time to take pics yet (thanks to Halo 3). I've also been simultaneously working on the chest/back plate. I'll put all my new pics up this weekend when I get a chance to sit down.

I wouldn't have normally agreed to go for a project of this scale on such a short time limit, but I thought it would be more useful to me in the long run to do it BECAUSE I didn't have a long time. It forces you to really think about production and how to maximize your time.

My son Levi has been so into Halo 1 on the PC, and he actually does well! Over the course of two weeks, he got all the way to when the flood are first encountered BY HIMSELF! He's four! I thought that deserved a Master Chief suit for sure. So, this year he's the Master Chief, and my 2 year old boy Kal-El (yes, I actually got my wife to agree to naming our son Kal-El) is going as a little Superman. NEXT year they are both going as Jedi, though, because I'll finally have my R2-D2 done. Halloween will never be the same after you've had a full sized astromech following you around holding your candy bag for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back