I Was In The Fiesta Bowl Parade Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Archillies

Fiesta Bowl Parade today in Phoenix, AZ

- Got to the STAGING GROUNDS about 9am.
- Suited up and rode school buses to the beginning of parade route.
- hung around for about 2 hours until it was our turn to go.
- saw OHIO STATE Marching band, and TEXAS University Marching band. At LEAST 150 people per.
- Parade started off well. Might i mention we were marching behind the Horse People.
- Oh, and the temperature was approximately 68 degrees.
- made the first left turn onto CENTRAL AVE. There were huge grandstands just like the Rose Parade. TONS of people. there were floats and floating things. I think a Dewback was in front of us somewhere near a floating car.
- My spacepack was starting to kick my sheebs and wished i didn't bring it.
- Whole route took about 1h15min. 1.8miles

- heard people call us Spaceballs more than once, and at the very END of the parade i heard a small child loudly exclaim... "No Mom! THOSE are SANDTROOPERS!" Makes a Sandy smile!

here was our marching order:

Banner carried by two Imperial Services Organization ladies.

Darth Vader
4x5 section of Stormtroopers
1x4 section of Sandtroopers
1x1 section of Snowtroopers. Oh wait, It was just Scott...sorry! :)
section of Biker Scouts
Section of assorted troopers, Pilots, clones (Skittle Troopers as someone called them on practice day 2)
2 male and 1 female Sandperson

Hero Section:
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Darth Maul
Darth Nihilis
Darth Vader (Anakin EP3)

Rebels Section:
Chewie
C3P0
Scattered Jedi
Queen Amidala
more than 10 Jawa's
2 Imperial Fleet Troopers
Womp Rat Squadron Leader
Rouge Squadron Pilot

Assorted Mandalorians

here are some of my favorite pics from today...

Suiting Up:

DSCN2158.jpg

DSCN2160.jpg

DSCN2167.jpg

Pre-Parade:

DSCN2169.jpg

DSCN2173.jpg

DSCN2174.jpg

DSCN2177.jpg

DSCN2179.jpg

DSCN2180.jpg

Two different Spacepacks, two different designs...

DSCN2181.jpg

The Dune Sea Garrison

DSCN2182.jpg

Waiting to go!

DSCN2183.jpg

DSCN2186-Copy.jpg

I still want to know WHAT this kid is pointing at, or how long it was till the female Tuskan ate him

DSCN2188.jpg

DSCN2190.jpg

This thing was awesome!

DSCN2191.jpg

DSCN2192.jpg

Parade:

Our PRO i saw several times remove people who shamelessly wandered into our formation to take pictures with Vader. The gaul of people too! sheesh!

DSCN2193.jpg

Post-parade:

DSCN2195.jpg

DSCN2196.jpg

I think we found Big Foot!

DSCN2197.jpg

Now after the parade we went to Fuddruckers. they saved us a section.

we quickly took over the ENTIRE restaurant. no seats left!

The line to get in, of just our legion guys/gals went out the door.

someone ordered the 1 pound burger...
DSCN2202.jpg

DSCN2204.jpg

DSCN2206.jpg

video here. at about 100 minutes!

wow, i have liked the 501st for a while now, but since i'm 17, i guess i can't sign up, right? I'll just wait a few more months, it looks like a blast you guys have at these parades.
thank gawd the 405th doesn't have a real age limit, and i signed up in it's early roots, hopefully it'll get big and really popular. then again, halo is a M-rated game exclusively for the xbox, so i dont know. Cross your fingers.

haha October 23rd, sign me up!

rvb4life said:
wow, i have liked the 501st for a while now, but since i'm 17, i guess i can't sign up, right? I'll just wait a few more months, it looks like a blast you guys have at these parades.
thank gawd the 405th doesn't have a real age limit, and i signed up in it's early roots, hopefully it'll get big and really popular. then again, halo is a M-rated game exclusively for the xbox, so i dont know. Cross your fingers.
haha October 23rd, sign me up!

just because your under 18 doesnt mean you cant still build armor and troop with us! we had a ton of jawas and a 10 year old stormtrooper there today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jax Archillies said:
just because your under 18 doesnt mean you cant still build armor and troop with us! we had a ton of jawas and a 10 year old stormtrooper there today.

Oh, so you have to be 18 to join the 501st. Definatley joining once I'm 18, probably a Royal Guard or a Sandtrooper.

see, but i would want to join my local legion now, so when i turn 18, i could get right into it, because a bunch of guys live in my town...but i guess i cant.

haha plus, all my money is gonna go to the Halo universe costuming, but i would try to find a decent kit when i got the money.

Great pics there, Jax! Looks like you had a pretty good turn out; I imagine what the 405th's involvement in such events could be like in future :D heh

Btw, I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but... if you look at the pics closely (in at least two of them) you can see one of the 501st members sporting Mk VI forearm armour for thier suit. Thought that was kind of a neat l'il discovery. Can anyone else spot it? :lol:

ha!

i built those and posted the progress on here. the mando wearing them is my fiance.

good eye!

as for being 18. you dont need to be a member to troop with the troopers

Wow Jax, you gys are awesome. I just got to make my kit when it comes, and then i'm joining the 501st. Thats so cool. it all looked fantastic.

Jax Archillies said:
ha!

i built those and posted the progress on here. the mando wearing them is my fiance.

good eye!

as for being 18. you dont need to be a member to troop with the troopers

Thanks! Given how much I'm into HALO and anything related to it, it doesn't take much for me to pick up on those sort of things, lol.

I don't think I ever saw your progress on that but in my opinion those Mk VI forearms make for a good substitution on your fiance's armour.

You know times are getting tough when we're training 10 year old bounty hunters.

And wow, that bald headed wookie cracked me up!

SPARTAN II said:
Thanks! Given how much I'm into HALO and anything related to it, it doesn't take much for me to pick up on those sort of things, lol.

I don't think I ever saw your progress on that but in my opinion those Mk VI forearms make for a good substitution on your fiance's armour.

here you go:

My Progress

DSCN2196.jpg

that bounty hunter has some mk 6 parts.... i didnt know the unsc handed tech out to merc's

edit.... didnt notice some one else saw that......not trying to steal any thunder

hup :p

those are mine!

i figured they are too small to fit over a pressure suit, so ill be making bigger ones, once i get the pressure suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back