Idea for Visors

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorsForge

Has anyone ever tried using a faceshield for a visor? Like something similar to this:

http://www.labsafety.com/search/Face+Shield/35241263/

I haven't done much shopping around, so I'm sure there could be much better deals out there! Using redshirt's tut it could be a much cheaper alternative to using motorcycle visors...

I'm working on sculpting a helmet now and am considering trying this instead of using a motorcycle visor- any insight would be very welcome! Thanks! :D

Thats the same shield I used for my helmet, It worked out quite well.
Idea for Visors
Has anyone ever tried using a faceshield for a visor? Like something similar to this:

http://www.labsafety.com/search/Face+Shield/35241263/

I haven't done much shopping around, so I'm sure there could be much better deals out there! Using redshirt's tut it could be a much cheaper alternative to using motorcycle visors...

I'm working on sculpting a helmet now and am considering trying this instead of using a motorcycle visor- any insight would be very welcome! Thanks!
I loved Redshirts tutorial! Its brilliant really. Im sure it would work, just as long as the curve of the shield matches up well with your helmet.

Meh, I've seen several replacement motorcycle visors that cost about the same as that, if not less. The visor I used was purchased online for $8 plus shipping (the same one linked above). Not to mention that those visors are already tinted/mirrored. If you used the one in your link, you'd have to find a way to make it one-sided opaque and mirrored using special paints. By that time, you're up to the cost of a motorcycle helmet visor.

(Also, that face shield looks to be curved in one direction only. Ideally, you'd want it to be curved at least a little from top to bottom).

What I'm trying to get at, I suppose, is that there's a reason a vast majority of people use replacement motorcycle visors: they just work the best for our applications.

we have those kind of face shields at my school in my chemistry class. i think that one of those would work out fine, but you would have to end up buying that see-through visor paint stuff to paint it, or else it would look weird. in the end you would probably be better off just buying a cheap motorcycle visor. good idea though. if you wanted to get creative, this could be a good visor to paint multiple colors. just an idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back