If you were in the same situation as Robert Neville, what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say its around 12:30 PM. You turn on the news and you see:

BREAKING NEWS:
The government and CDC has confirmed reports of an infectious virus outbreak spreading widely and quickly. It has already hit the other 6 continents and is spreading through yours. You have very limited time to prepare. The virus is known as something similar to the KV virus. When infected, vampire like behavior over takes the basic human behaviors. And some how, you are immune to the airborne strain.

My response:

- Drive to the nearest hardware store, buy lots of wood, sheet metal, tools, and a power generator.

- Drive to gun shop, purchase heavy duty guns (such as shotguns, etc) and ammo

- Drive to market, buy tons of food.

- Cover windows with layers of sheet metal

- Use wood to block the doors.

- Resort to basement and use power generator for heat, AC, TV, Microwave, etc.

- Set guns at rally points in house

- Survive

SPARTAN-430 said:
Say its around 12:30 PM. You turn on the news and you see:

BREAKING NEWS:
The government and CDC has confirmed reports of an infectious virus outbreak spreading widely and quickly. It has already hit the other 6 continents and is spreading through yours. You have very limited time to prepare. The virus is known as something similar to the KV virus. When infected, vampire like behavior over takes the basic human behaviors. And some how, you are immune to the airborne strain.

My response:

- Drive to the nearest hardware store, buy lots of wood, sheet metal, tools, and a power generator.

- Drive to gun shop, purchase heavy duty guns (such as shotguns, etc) and ammo

- Drive to market, buy tons of food.

- Cover windows with layers of sheet metal

- Use wood to block the doors.

- Resort to basement and use power generator for heat, AC, TV, Microwave, etc.

- Set guns at rally points in house

- Survive

haha, by this time i dont think the term "shopping" would be proper, more likely "loot" whatever you can this of course is considering the outbreak has already caused a wide spread epidemic

Last edited by a moderator:
monstermike19 said:
haha, by this time i dont think the term "shopping" would be proper, more likely "loot" whatever you can this of course is considering the outbreak has already caused a wide spread epidemic
Agreed, but I think to maintain order and not any panic the stores will probably keep regulation

Looting list-
1. Sniper rifle/ammo
2. Katana
3. shotgun/ammo
4. canned food
5. bottled water
6. steel and wood
7. Axe

I'd barricade all of my doorways, and cover my windows, then go to my top floor, then take out the stairs.

See the original Last Man on Earth flick for survival tips.

Buy me some garlic and mirrors water and non-perishable food. I don't need any more weapons. :lol:

Also, buy some heavy duty flash lights. Like a portable spotlight. Buy an M4A1-203, with LAM and flashlight, and alot of batteries lol

Board the U.S.S. Iowa, set her out to sea with her magical immune crew, and unleash hell with her 16" guns on all infected areas.

Well since this is probably taking place in "movie land", when high impact plexi doesn't stop them; what makes you think wooden boards would do well?

why would you need a power generator for radio/ tv if your the only person alive?

how about lay down and die? what would the point be other than some fun with a shotgun. yea i rhymed what of it?

Me id do the simple thing. I live in the middle of east bum ****, NOWHERE. so me id steal an suv go up to the city gets a whole crapola load of sheetmetal wood and stuff. then id go to M&R's guns and ammo and get there prize possesion. One fully automatic colt M-16 looking thingy. then id grab a few 30-30's and some 243's plus all the ammo i could. id drive to the gamestop pick up halo 3 and a 360. mabey 4 360's you know with the rrod and all. then id steal 1 generator and a whole tanker truck to run it :D then id go home barricade everything and play halo 3 till the vampire calvilry does me in.

flying_squirl said:
so has anyone read the book? (i am legend that is)

:D

I told myself I'd finish the book before I saw the movie (and I need to read faster). The book so far is quite different from what bits and commercials I've seen of the most recent movie.

My way to stop it.

Take all humans who dont have the virus, go underground and live there for years, nuke the surface world.

Or, just get it, and soon everyone will have it, thus it will be normal and everyone will just suck on animal blood since vampires wouldnt suck on each others blood.

Or make a dang cure and hunt down all infected humans and shoot them with it.

DKK said:
why would you need a power generator for radio/ tv if your the only person alive?

how about lay down and die? what would the point be other than some fun with a shotgun. yea i rhymed what of it?
Before posting, please re-read what I said... I said for Microwaves, Ovens, etc.

I would have to say that i would do something similar to Neville in with the lights and exploding cars, except i would have the lights on my house, not just infront of it, i would also make sure that MY FRAKING METAL WINDOW COVERS held up to the blast when the explosives went off.

I would get LOTS more lights. I would stop driving an SUV and supe up a Armored car that the banks use (COVER THE FREAKING THING WITH LIGHTS). I would also raid a gun place for EVERYTHING, i dont care weather it looks nice or not, but in dire times, there is seldom 40 seconds to reload. also DOUBLE clips on all Rifles. i would probably use the HK G36 because it has a much higher rate of fire, and NEVER jams. I would COVER everything with lights, inside and out, that is if i decided to stay in my house, i would personally move up out of the city, i mean come on, the CITY... where all the PEOPLE lived... WHERE most of the Zombies will be.

for a scientist and colonel, he was pretty stupid.

What you need Xavier is a White Chrome painted apc, the machine gun will kill the vampires, and the white chrome will make most of them pain to look at you.

or a chrome BMW, with this, you can run the vampires down.
bmw_fullbodychrome.jpg

Lol, youre all terrible thinkers. A hospital would be the uberest place EVER. Just think about, alot of the resources are there.

mm I wouldnt go driving, sounds like a bad idea with wide spread chaos. plus looting would be first on most peoples minds.. I'd probably drain my pool, then collect whatever weaps I have around the house that work the best against vampires, (shotguns, chainsaw, or blades you think?) cut down trees and put them over the pool, then cover with dirt (planting whatever garlic is in the house in the "roof") leaving one entrance and hope for the best.. I'd probably leave my house altogether, too easy to burn/get inside, ammo shouldnt be a problem since I live in redneck land (and proud of it) and I live on a creek and fish and crabs are plentiful so food wouldn't be an issue.. And maybe I could steal a yaucht from the yaucht repair place across the river and sail to the middle of nowhere and fish for the rest of my life (better bring some extra hooks/lines I guess), but failing that I guess I'd just wait until either I failed, somebody fixed the problem, or I got bored and killed myself. I guess I'd be chilling with a bunch of raw seafood in the bottom of a wood and dirt covered pool with a shotgun, chainsaw, and my collection of knifes and swords.. that would make a really wierd movie.. I don't think I'd watch it... Or maybe I'd just drink all the alch in the house and pass out, if I'm going to die a violent death, I'd rather be intoxicated and passed out, plus all the plans are likely to fail, and that one sounds like the most fun after the yaucht one, and it takes the least work.

Vexona said:
I told myself I'd finish the book before I saw the movie (and I need to read faster). The book so far is quite different from what bits and commercials I've seen of the most recent movie.
yea, i read some of the script and its prity much nothing like the book. for one hes in new york and not in some housing estate.

AoBfrost said:
My way to stop it.

Take all humans who dont have the virus, go underground and live there for years, nuke the surface world.

Or, just get it, and soon everyone will have it, thus it will be normal and everyone will just suck on animal blood since vampires wouldnt suck on each others blood.

Or make a dang cure and hunt down all infected humans and shoot them with it.
you'll be waiting a long time underground->nuliar winter, all the dust gets blown into the atmosphere, stopping the sun's heat, thus freezing the planet. then when the dust settles the colour of the ice will reflect the heat so it'll take centuries to defrost. :/

hmmm, close.... :p

cure? theres a cure for death? :p j/k

Xavier said:
I would have to say that i would do something similar to Neville in with the lights and exploding cars, except i would have the lights on my house, not just infront of it, i would also make sure that MY FRAKING METAL WINDOW COVERS held up to the blast when the explosives went off.

I would get LOTS more lights. I would stop driving an SUV and supe up a Armored car that the banks use (COVER THE FREAKING THING WITH LIGHTS). I would also raid a gun place for EVERYTHING, i dont care weather it looks nice or not, but in dire times, there is seldom 40 seconds to reload. also DOUBLE clips on all Rifles. i would probably use the HK G36 because it has a much higher rate of fire, and NEVER jams. I would COVER everything with lights, inside and out, that is if i decided to stay in my house, i would personally move up out of the city, i mean come on, the CITY... where all the PEOPLE lived... WHERE most of the Zombies will be.

for a scientist and colonel, he was pretty stupid.
whatll ligts do? blind them? :p:lol: j/k

the rest i totaly agree with... especialy the last part!!!:lol:

unless this movie get some major exelent reviews i wont be seeing it. not even renting it! after seeing the 2 hour advertisement that was i robot im a lil put off of will smith. (you just know he's guna do that scream that he does, yea, you know the one.)

wow, i must be hungry, im not normaly this argumentative:lol:

flying_squirl said:
yea, i read some of the script and its prity much nothing like the book. for one hes in new york and not in some housing estate.
you'll be waiting a long time underground->nuliar winter, all the dust gets blown into the atmosphere, stopping the sun's heat, thus freezing the planet. then when the dust settles the colour of the ice will reflect the heat so it'll take centuries to defrost. :/

hmmm, close.... :p

cure? theres a cure for death? :p j/k
whatll ligts do? blind them? :p:lol: j/k

the rest i totaly agree with... especialy the last part!!!:lol:
unless this movie get some major exelent reviews i wont be seeing it. not even renting it! after seeing the 2 hour advertisement that was i robot im a lil put off of will smith. (you just know he's guna do that scream that he does, yea, you know the one.)

wow, i must be hungry, im not normaly this argumentative:lol:

its a good movie, you should see it, its getting good reviews, it hold the record for any december movie release in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back