Im going to start my armor finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
he he Im finding that out.

It will run UT2004 without a problem though, which is surprising.

There are plans for a 500 meg vid card, and at least 2 gig of ram to put in it.

That should help!
:mrgreen:

so ive screwed up a bunch but im finally back on track. ive redone the bicepts ill post them later. But i made the forearms too small, way too small. so i ahve to re do those and try again. so im gonna go try that now wish me luck.

so tomorrow i hope to have the waist and both forearms done in the card board. and by next monday i hope to have my helmet redone. im still trying to figure out the chest and feet.

so far this is what i have done:

Shoulders
Forearms
Thighs
Calves
Waist

im half way done with my helmet so by monday i hope to have finished constucting my pepakura skeleton. and will begin sculpting a more detailed version and will be finished fiberglassing it two weekends by from now. So by the 24th i hope to have it basically finished.

then comes painting and weatherong.

so after that i will be installing LEDs, a visor, and voice changer.
and maybe a fan and speakers for my iPOD. iwill try to install the fan if space allows.

Whats something good to reinforce cardboard besides fiber glass, cause im making a pepakura armor too, and i dont know what to reinforce it with.

Worse comes to worse i could just layer the the thing with more layers of board.

ok so im finally able to work on my armor more. i have been busy. i started my chest piece. again of course. all the rest is finished. im only using the pepakura as a sort of skeleton. i will be sculpting something ontop of it. and then making a fiberglass version of the samething.

stormtrooper neck seal i'm assuming? I'm actually working on a custom one right now with vertical sew lines to look more like the Chief's.

im going to be making a neckseal very soon...its goin gto be casted up in so materail that i found which im going to play around with 1st....do alittle testing 1st

i gave all my armor a base coat of white paint and im using that Bondo-Hair stuff. i got it for free so that was pretty good. Sean was right its a little difficult to use but it works. ill be fiberglassing all of it in the next couple days. then painting. weathering. strapping. detail work(visor and LED). finished.

***UPDATE***

ok so im finally gaining some speed. i have everything but the helmet and the hands fiberglassed. this week im sanding and then i will be adding detail by the end of this week. pics come tomorrow if i have time to sand.

Last edited by a moderator:
bad news. armor ruined. i was doing my armor the pepkura way but we here in illinois have been getting alot of rain and long story short my armor was ruined so im starting from scratch. but dont worry ill have it done.

WanderingRon1n said:
bad news. armor ruined. i was doing my armor the pepkura way but we here in illinois have been getting alot of rain and long story short my armor was ruined so im starting from scratch. but dont worry ill have it done.

omg! serious :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back