Im Leaving The Fourms...

Status
Not open for further replies.
im leaving the fourms no one could care less abought me if i didnt post this no one would probably notice that im gone. well i have some pretty good reasons to leave

1: no one cares abought me

2:some people that have been a member less than me have more popularity

3:i create a progress thread and it barely gets any posts...

4:when i cuss the mods get all over me some one else cusses it slides

5:im hated around here

6:some times i get bad messages from members saying my armour sucks etc...

those are my reasons

you might see me on just checkign things out im going to finish my helm and ill post prictures of that

but other than that adios...

Sorry you feel that way. As far as I know, you weren't singled out by anyone. I might have never posted in your threads, but I did check on them. Hope you change your mind and decide to stay.

damasterchief said:
im leaving the fourms no one could care less abought me if i didnt post this no one would probably notice that im gone. well i have some pretty good reasons to leave

those are my reasons

you might see me on just checkign things out im going to finish my helm and ill post prictures of that

1. Who ever said that?

2. Is this one a joke? I've been a member for over a year now, heck I joined before most of the "popular" people joined and I don't whine. Heck, a good portion of the mods joined after me! It's just a simple fact that I (and yourself) haven't really done anything to stand out of the crowd. It's not something to lose sleep over.

3. Okay...? Um, not really sure what to tell ya here. All (most) projects start out the same. As the project progresses, it gains popularity. The more outstanding the work (Like Blackroseimmortal's sniper rifle) the more people are going to comment (most of the time). Regardless whether we post or not should not matter. You're doing this for yourself, not us. ;) However, it is nice to see what fellow prop makers are doing. :)

4. I'm with the mods on this. I don't really like the profanity. This forum is a family friendly place and the cussing just ruins it. I see that you're only 13. Cussing does not make you sound cool or older in person, or in cyberspace.

5. What makes you think that? I have no grudge or ill-will against you.

6. I'd like to know who said that! People can be stupid, and when they are you have to learn to shrug them off. However, if a member is flaming you via PMs or in your topic, alert a mod. They're there for a reason. Remember, if you're going to be insulting some body's work, that somebody better be you.

I realize that you are young and this stuff seems important. However, know that it's not! Who cares if you're threads don't get loads of post, or if you aren't the most loved person on the forums?
On a last note, was this really necessary? If you feel that some members have wronged you or do not like you settling things over the PM system can be more practical for the rest of the forums. It just seems like there have been many "I'm leaving for 'x' reason." threads lately. I guess it is alright though, otherwise we'd all be wondering where certain members have gone!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh come on are you kidding me. o_O

please grow up. im not trying to be sarcastic.
if your feelings get hurt by what happens on the internet then you shouldnt be on the internet.

im not trying to go against you but it is a little ridiculous.
i used to get hatemail too.
all i did was delete it.
if it was bad report it.

i have had a ton of threads that didnt get replies for weeks.

i think you have a classic case of chronic paranoia. most of us have no ill thaught of you. i think this is a serious cry for negative attention. i would hope you dont do this at home.

Don't feel bad! I'm suprised someone was rude to you here, everyone seems pretty friendy. And yea, my armor sucks, and sometimes people critisize, but I still have a good time making it and posting! So, dude, chill out, and no on here is more "popular" perhaps some people are admired, but we all try to be friendy and treat everyone equally.

Well, if you really feel all this, and from what we said isn't persuading you, then go right ahead and leave. But remember this, you are wrong to say that no one cares about you. Just look at what the other members have said to you (even though it maybe not be the most kind words), they say it because they are looking out for you. Ok, there are members that are total.... you know what, but as long as you stray from them and just focus on your armor building, all those problems will go away, eventually. So, go ahead and leave if you think you are unwanted, but just remember, no one succeeds in anything if they just quit.

And if people are giving you hate mail, just report it to the moderators. They will definitely deal with those "flaming" members.

Ive been in the forums like 3 years and noone knows who i am, as far as i know...

Alot of threads get NO replies

Ok, I'm not flaming you or anything but common, are you really going to let these things get to you?

1. Can you prove no one cares about you?

2. The 405th isn't a popularity contest. I didn't join to become popular on the forums. I joined to post my armor, and to learn more about armor and props making.

And if you're getting hate mail from other members, well then contact a mod and tell them about it. It's that simple. But if you want to leave, no one can stop you. But keep in mind, you're going nowhere if you give up.

Im sorry. But I think attention threads like this are Spam. How can you prove no-one cares about you? You've got some nice feedback on you'r armour. And people Senidg you messages about your armour? Dont worry I get it all the time. I reconmend you Just tell a Mod. Let them sorting it out. As far as I can tell though no-one hates you..

Like Tlither said I'm sorry you feel that way and that you've been upset.
But to be honest at the end of the day we don't come here for relationships with other members. This isn't a social network like facebook, it's a place where you come for tips and guidlines on making Halo armour. If you strike up some friendships here then great but that's not the main reason for being here.
And as someone said in another thread if your posting progress threads or making armour just to get good comments or praise your in it for the wrong reason.
That being said I understand where your coming from. It is nice to be accepted and get good comments from others but really it's a bonus not a right.

damasterchief said:

those are my reasons

Attention thread here we come
if you get bad PMs why dont you write the mods and we'll take care of the person
no one is singling you out there bro so dont take anything personal

Actually, I thought you were pretty cool, and I was watching your Revan armor thread 'cause I wanted the Pep files, but you stopped, so I forgot about you.

It's because you're giving up that people will forget about you, and you think it's the other way around.

Try being more active, speeding up the armoring, etc. You might become more well known.

This is seriously pathetic, though, it's the internet, save the drama for school/real life.

Nobody cares about you? Tell me, who put that work into taking the screenshot for your sig? Who photoshopped it and made an image code on photobucket when he could (should) have been doing his homework and focusing on his future?

You're hated? Not true. I don't hate you. This has to be the most emo thread I've ever seen. You can't leave us. When a member leaves the forums, a part of the community dies. You leave us, it's like cutting off a toe. If we have enough members leave, the forums will be almost crippled. Since when does the foot say, "I am not a head, so I don't belong on the body." Since when does the finger say, "I'm not a hand, so I'm useless."

I remember when I thought my progress threads weren't getting enough attention, so I improved, added more detail, and even re-made some projects. Now I realise that the positive attention is welcome, but that's not what these forums are all about. It's about trying, failing (again and again), giving insight and helping others, sharing, and experience. What you're going through right now is all part of the experience. I believe that at some point, whether we've reached that point or not, go through what you're going through at some point.

All I see are six empty reasons. I doubt what's going on here is the only reason you want to quit. You may be having some hard times in life, but leaving us will not solve it. In fact, it will worsen your condition. I don't think the internet is so much of a big deal that you should feel this hurt or angry. If you need help with something, just ask. I'm sure anyone here will be ecstatic to help you out.

You're wrong. We do care. The way people have been posting in this thread, I would think that would be obvious to you.

People don't come here to get popular.

But if it is popularity you want, then get back in your shed and make some armor.

From what I heard, BlueRealm was hardly known, but when he finished his armor, he was one of the most talked about people on these forums.

If you want to leave. Go for it. i'm not stopping you.

but the last thing we want is you to leave.

Hatemail, just report it.

1) Nobody cares about anybody. Its the internet. And i'm sure some people care for you. You just need to get noticed more.

2) And? Its not about popularity, and HONESTLY.
People are more popular than you, because of how they act. they don't give up, like you.
And don't take this harshly, But Spelling and Grammar is pretty important, to get noticed and make friends, you need to make good impressions, by checking what you're ACTUALLY writing before you post, We don't expect perfect spelling and grammar from you. but we want to be able to see what you are saying without going through it again.

3) Put more effort into your work, get noticed, and people will see it. when I say get noticed, I don't mean posting your work on other peoples threads, make friends, and i'm sure they will check your work often.

4) Just... Don't cuss. then you wont have to worry. Other people don't get away with it, they never do, by cussing a warning is added to your warning level, the mods might not mention it in topics, but i'm sure they give warnings all the time silently

5) There are bad people on these forums. I have seen ALOT of previous topics, with people starting arguments because of the most pathetic things, I don't hate anybody here. so nobody should hate me. if they do... well that's just pathetic...

6) Report it, that's breaking rules. They're just jerks.

-Stiggy

This thread is going to be a waste of time, nothing constructive will come of it, if he wants to leave let him. I think a mod should lock and/or delete this thread.

freakazoid said:
This thread is going to be a waste of time, nothing constructive will come of it, if he wants to leave let him. I think a mod should lock and/or delete this thread.
Agreed, he has made up his mind. But in my opinion, just posting this with all the "Nobody cares about me" is just wanting Attention. I'm sure a hundred others have left the forum silently and without fuss. Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry to see him go, I always am when a member leaves, but not as much when a member generalizes an entire forum with just a few bad members. It kind of leaves a sour taste when I'm trying to be considerate to all members. I'm sure others feel the same.

Don't leave just yet...

I joined over a year ago, and I'm still a regular member! And by staying here, you might learn a thing or two. I certainly have!

Now suck it up and stay, it wont do anyone any good, not even yourself. No one gets popular over night.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Agreed, he has made up his mind. But in my opinion, just posting this with all the "Nobody cares about me" is just wanting Attention. I'm sure a hundred others have left the forum silently and without fuss.

Wait... WHAT'S THIS?!!!!! Oh, never mind. I thought I was about to cry. I thought I cared, but it looks like I don't. If you want to leave, then leave and don't make such a fuss about it. Go swallow a knife for all I care. You OBVIOUSLY care enough about us enough to "try" and make yourself noticed one last time before you leave. We're not the ones who are hurt by you leaving. The only one who cares, and is gonna be hurt in the end is you. So stop trying to bring us into down with you, cuz it won't work.

I'm sorry. No sympathy for you, Bye-bye.
- S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back