Im lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNSCsergentX

hey 405th i am totally a noob i have no idea where to start on building armour i know what the pepakura files are but i dont have any programs that can open the file on my computer and other than that i dont know how to make armour so could someone put me in the right area

hey I am really new at this too but I do know some things that may help. You can go to this site: http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/ and download the pepakura viewer to open the files.
I'm just about to start working on my first helmet but as far as I know you print out the pepakura file on card stock and you begin putting it together with that and you need like super glue or a glue gun because of the other things you will use to cover it afterwards or something like that.
I hope that helps at least a little bit, best of luck to you :D

Welcome to 405th. I am a noob to but I will help any way I can. PoliceGirl is right about tamasoft.com but I will add that if you want to be able to resize the files to fit you, you will need to download the free designer also. The viewer is great for opening the files and taking a good look but the designer will let you scale the files to your size. i also recommend using 110 lb card stock. You can find it at Wal-mart and other places. I also reccomend Aleene's acid free tacky glue from Micheals or another craft shop. I started out with hot glue only but it is very hard to use on very small parts and super glue is great as long as you don't get any on your hands. You will be stuck to the helmet very easliy. Tacky glue has helped me a lot. Feel free to add me to your friends list and mail me if I can help in the future. Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back