im PO'D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenocrates

Jr Member
ok, so i bought cardstock... and then i started my helm
but i think i bought the wrong cardstock... what is this 110LB? does it mean it weighs 110 pounds? lol idk
im really stressed right now, i got school to worry about and i REALLY want my own halo helmet.
my cardstock is thick, but i read and looked at iceman's folding thread and it looks like his is thicker??
so what is this 110lb cardstock i've been seeing in the threads?
and mountains go up?
valley down?
right?

MJOLNIR Warrior said:
ok, so i bought cardstock... and then i started my helm
but i think i bought the wrong cardstock... what is this 110LB? does it mean it weighs 110 pounds? lol idk
im really stressed right now, i got school to worry about and i REALLY want my own halo helmet.
my cardstock is thick, but i read and looked at iceman's folding thread and it looks like his is thicker??
so what is this 110lb cardstock i've been seeing in the threads?
and mountains go up?
valley down?
right?

You can get card stock at Walmart. It will say "card stock" on it. It's like 5 or 6 bucks.
The 110lb refers to the "gauge" or thickness of the paper. Kind of like how thick a piece
of metal is.

Mountains up, valleys down. Yes that is correct.
Sometimes the pep file gets flipped by accident and these will be reversed. But mountain/up, valley/down
is default. If you are not sure look at the pattern and find a fold that you KNOW FOR SURE is a valley or mountain
and go by that.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is this 110LB? does it mean it weighs 110 pounds?
Actually, it does weigh 110lbs :) paper weights are set by the reame, a reame is 500 sheets so 500 sheets of 110lb stock does actually weigh 110lbs.
Normal printer paper weighs 20lbs per 500 sheets.

500 sheets does not weigh 110 lbs , not sure but 110lb might be the crush weight? kinda like on cardboard crushes at certain weight

Jarhead said:
Actually, it does weigh 110lbs :) paper weights are set by the reame, a reame is 500 sheets so 500 sheets of 110lb stock does actually weigh 110lbs.
Normal printer paper weighs 20lbs per 500 sheets.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There would be no logic in that! 110LB's is the weight of a 12-15 year old person (55kg).

110LB is measured the same way as paper in europe (eg. 300g/m2) in the US its measured something like this 110lb/feet2(feet squared).

im not sure tough in what it's measured, it might be inches or miles but its measured that way.

-Finnish

Weight

Paper weight refers to the weight of a 500-sheet ream of 17" x 22" paper. Each of these sheets is equivalent to four letter size sheets. Therefore, 500 sheets of standard 20# paper weighs 5 pounds. The higher the paper weight, the thicker the sheet of paper. Higher weight paper is more durable and has a more substantial feel. It also allows less light to pass through. Standard 20# paper is used for everyday printing and copying, and for high-volume needs. Heavier paper is used for presentations and other applications where quality is important.

Edited because paper weight is way more confusing than it should be.

well i just wanted to know
so i DID get the right one..
k ty everyone for the helpful, and not so helpful replies rofl

From printindustry.com
First of all, 500 sheets of 80# cover stock do actually weigh 80#, just as 500 sheets of 80# text stock weigh 80#. The trick is that the 8.5" x 11" cover stock noted above was cut down from a 20" x 26" "basic size" sheet of cover stock. The basis weight of 500 sheets of cover stock at the basic size is 80#. Text stock is cut from a larger sheet (25" x 38"). Therefore, 500 sheets of text stock at the basic size also weigh 80#.

edited because I found a better explanation than the first time i posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back