Indestructible??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith021

Hey everyone!

So I really want to try and make a helmet that can really take a beating from airsoft or paintball.. Or whatever else I can possibly do haha.

I was thinking of starting out by making the helmet the same way I've been doing but stop after the fiberglass and resining and try to make a rubber molding to make casts out of the same helmet....

Now I really don't know what I would use material wise for the hopefully indestructible helmet. It's and experiment I'm willing to try.

Any ideas for materials I could try??

First, I would say making a helmet with multiple layers of fiberglass cloth. Try putting in the cloth three times. That should be outrageously strong. Just make sure you resin each layer separately. The main problem I think would really be fastening the visor in so that it doesn't pop out when it takes a direct hit.

btw, make sure that it also has plenty of padding on the inside. If you get shot in the head, it will hurt a lot if you dont have padding.

The 405th does not recommend using the helmets for paintball or airsoft... but if you do you will need to seal up the visor so nothing can beat into the helmet and potentially hurt you.

i am also eventually going to make a suit of armor for airsoft, and i have already tested the fiberglass...
one layer=cracks on inside but not a hole
two layers=indestructible to airsoft and most likely paintball

good luck and keep me posted :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back