Injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomadic Spoon

Jr Member
Rejoice! I can make topics now.

Soon you shall all learn the proper way to cut cardstock. :cautious:

Moving on topic, in light of my friend recently recieving first degree burns from his hot glue gun, I've decided we should all share the injuries we've recieved making things, or related to Halo in general.

I've never actually injured myself, but I did just have an interesting experience with a pill bug on my floor. My roommate thought we should keep it alive, in some sort of cryogenic state. So we put it in this tiny plastic thing, put crushed ice in it, covered the plastic thing in hot glue, and with one tiny hole for cold air to seep in through, put it in our freezer. Now we have to wait to see if we've cryogenically frozen the pillbug, made it angry, or just killed it.

Immature? Possibly. Should we have been studying? Probably. But is it going to entertain us in the future? Definitely.

We like to side with certainties.

You killed it, nothing can survive being frozen...except ladybugs, cause...they are made to freeze to death and reawake in the spring.

Ahh interesting.... the lady bug thing....

I have said it before on the forums but I stabbed myself in the leg with an X-Acto Knife once cutting cardboard when I was building my Alien Vs Predator computer. And yes the whole blade ended up in my thigh.

Evil Femle said:

I have said it before on the forums but I stabbed myself in the leg with an X-Acto Knife once cutting cardboard when I was building my Alien Vs Predator computer. And yes the whole blade ended up in my thigh.

o_O Well isn't that unpleasant.

Didn't know about the ladybug thing. Now I have to find a ladybug...my roommate is insistent on the fact that we freeze SOMETHING.

Poor pillbug....

Last edited by a moderator:
Evil Femle said:

And you were laughing like crazy and everyone thought you were weird :lol:

Thats the part I remember from some thread about embarrassing yourself in front of a mass of people.

AoBfrost said:
And you were laughing like crazy and everyone thought you were weird :lol:

Thats the part I remember from some thread about embarrassing yourself in front of a mass of people.

HaHa You're good.... :D You remembered.

Thats the only thing I remember from the thread, nothing else made me laugh. (no offense even though I am laughing at your injury)

Evil Femle said:

Dont use a box cutter to cut stuff, I had one go into my leg and then somehow break it off in my leg, then pull it out with a pair of pliers cause I couldnt move!!!! It really hurts so dont make the same mistake I did !!!! IT SUCKS!!!!!! lotta pain for a couple weeks even with pain killerz!!!

Glue guns really don't burn that bad, I have had a good number of glue gun burns, and it's a bitch. Not because of the injury, the injury is very minor, a small burnt red spot for a few days. It's the fact that it hurts like hell and you can't get it off no matter what you rub it on, so your forced to wait there and endure the pain for about 10 seconds before it cools down and hardens so you can then peel it off, which also slightly stings depending on how hard it gets.

I ruined a pair of pants with my glue gun, there is plastic fused with the material, and the best part....this material is vented and full of small holes, sort of net-like, and so it's next to impossible to get this plastic out without tearing that section of the pants off.

Also, just so you know, cryogenic freezing DOES NOT work. You kill whatever you freeze, this is why all of those people that froze themselves in hopes of getting revived in the future. They are dead, all dead, because upon freezing, the water in your cells will crystalise and expand, and will rupture the cell wall, thereby killing the cell.

These creatures like the lady bug, they have a special area where all of the water in their body gets deposited, during their "hybernation", they shrivel like prunes and almost completly dehydrate, the water all collects in a special pouch or something like that, and then they freeze, but the cells stay intact due to the lack of water. After they thaw out, the water gets deposited back into their cells.

There is a species of frog that has this same exact set up, if you cut it open when it's frozen, you will see a thin sheet of frozen ice inside a special sack in it's stomach area.

Im pretty sure that no one cares about bugs, but Im pretty sure thats borderline, if not full animal cruelty. Dont do that.

glucose can store wate when your frozen. feed a frog a whole crap load of sugar and freeze it. long as theres no freezer bur itll live foreer untill you decide to revive it. reviving should go very slow though. like two hours in the frige to warm it to 32 then out into 50 degree air until its wakes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back