Insectcandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noble One

Jr Member
OK so I went to new york today for an evaluation I had to do and so after I was done with the evaluation I stopped by a Daune Reade store and I happen to see an insect candy box near the cashier. So I go to look at it and it says there are real bugs inside of the lollipop. they had scorpions, spiders, and crickets. I just want to know how any body in there right mind would purchase one of these and actually eat it. Also just as I was exiting the store I saw a young kid buy one of them. I hope he knows that it's real.

the bacon and cheese crickets are pretty good actually. the salt and vinegar are ok but way too salty. they have those and the Dow Museum in Midland, MI and i picked them up one time to try. They also had some sort of flavored maggots which were actually VERY good. lol

Man, that is soooo old... I grew up eating taquilla worm suckers, scorpion suckers, and hornet candy... Yes read insects in each... I like the scorpion suckers best...

ya'll need to come down to Texas. god theyre everywhere. definately not a rarity. mainly scorpians and worms but you can find them in almost every store.

dylan Snyder said:
the bacon and cheese crickets are pretty good actually. the salt and vinegar are ok but way too salty. they have those and the Dow Museum in Midland, MI and i picked them up one time to try. They also had some sort of flavored maggots which were actually VERY good. lol

if i had to eat them i would probably eat the bacon and cheese crickets. i just got one question for you. why did you even try them in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Noble One said:
OK so I went to new york today for an evaluation I had to do and so after I was done with the evaluation I stopped by a Daune Reade store and I happen to see an insect candy box near the cashier. So I go to look at it and it says there are real bugs inside of the lollipop. they had scorpions, spiders, and crickets. I just want to know how any body in there right mind would purchase one of these and actually eat it. Also just as I was exiting the store I saw a young kid buy one of them. I hope he knows that it's real.

Though I've never tried any of the insect foods available on the market, my understanding is that they're so popular because: 1) they actually do taste pretty good (maybe it's due to the flavourings they use; who knows), and 2) they're a good source of protein, which is something our bodies need. Personally, I've never been tempted to (and so probably never would) try them, but I can understand how/why others might.

SPARTAN II said:
Though I've never tried any of the insect foods available on the market, my understanding is that they're so popular because: 1) they actually do taste pretty good (maybe it's due to the flavourings they use; who knows), and 2) they're a good source of protein, which is something our bodies need. Personally, I've never been tempted to (and so probably never would) try them, but I can understand how/why others might.

yea thats true

The only insect based food I've ever eaten are the Barbeque flavored meal worms. I bought a small box of them, and they were gone within minutes. :D

I thought it was gross too, but it just tasted like a cruchy barbeque potato chip. If you didn't see the box you would have though somebody dumped barbeque potato chip crumbs in your mouth. I would definetely get them again. But all I can seem to find is the lollipops. :p

I think it's a tie between bacon and cheese, and sour cream/onion crickets. We have them at the butterfly house here in Chesterfield (Missouri). They're good, if a little dry.

well from all I've heard about these insects candy I will give them a try next time I see them. im trying to think of a store that might have them cause im not going to that store in NY just to buy bugs lol.

Shade said:
The only Worms I've ever had is sour gummy worms!!! I am sooooooooooooooo hardcore!!! lol.

WOW SHADE YOU'RE SUCH A BAD DUDE

/yell

XD anyways, yeah. Bugs taste good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back