Interesting Scaling Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinigamiNG

Now, before people yell at me to check the threads, I already have. I understand how to scale the pep, and I've done it before. But I recently started again and it auto-updated to pepakura viewer version 3... which apparently has a different layout. And so far, I am completely stumped as to where they have moved the scaling options. At first I thought, "No big deal, I'll just download the older version 2 that I'm familiar with". Unfortunately, it won't let me open any of the pdo's with version 2, saying that I need the updated version to view them. Has anyone else had this problem at all? Just wondering. It may also be related to the fact that I'm using a Beta version of Windows 7. I've also noticed I can't download pdo's off the wiki. They all try to save as text documents. And thats not good. Because it comes out as a bunch of weird shapes and symbols. Any ideas? Suggestions? Comments? Maybe even laughter at my plight? lol

not sure about the download but pep 3 is almost the same and scaleing just go to 2d pattern window>change scale of development>specify scale

box o crayons said:
not sure about the download but pep 3 is almost the same and scaleing just go to 2d pattern window>change scale of development>specify scale
Mine doesn't seem to have that option... The only options I have is File, View, Settings, and Help. And none of the drop down boxes have anything about scaling in them. Trust me, I've looked like crazy lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man oh man..... Windows 7....
The glitches with that system, it could be that alone XD
I had to get rid of it just to be able to run my 3d modeling program
but if you really mean pepakura VIEWER then no it doesnt have scaling options
I never had viewer V2 so I've never seen that one but to my awareness only the DESIGNER has scaling

sharkhead7854 said:
Oh man oh man..... Windows 7....
The glitches with that system, it could be that alone XD
I had to get rid of it just to be able to run my 3d modeling program
but if you really mean pepakura VIEWER then no it doesnt have scaling options
I never had viewer V2 so I've never seen that one but to my awareness only the DESIGNER has scaling

I figured it might be that. But honestly, I haven't had 1/2th the glitches and problems I had with Vista. ESPECIALLY after they decided that service pack was a good idea. Basically, my system won't run Vista at all anymore. And, on top of that, Toshiba had the great idea to make this laptop incompatible with XP. So my only option was to hope 7 worked better. And I honestly haven't had any problems at all.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who's had this problem, I spent maybe an hour and a half reading through form posts (I read slow) to make sure i'm not doing something wrong with pepakura and trying to scale.

The windows 7 version of Pepakura Viewer doesnt have that option. In order to scale the file, you have to use the Pepakura designer. As stated before you can download it for free, but you cant save any of your work. Then you do 2D Menu> Change Scale.

Spartan X01 said:
Thank goodness I'm not the only one who's had this problem, I spent maybe an hour and a half reading through form posts (I read slow) to make sure i'm not doing something wrong with pepakura and trying to scale.

This is a pretty epic necro for a post that was essentially worthless to the thread in the first place. I think it's safe to assume the OP has fixed the scaling issue by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back