Internet Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropicana

I mean, the Nintendo Wii, DS, PS3 and PSP all have one and the 360 is more than capable of being able to support it yet it doesn't have one. So what's the holdup? Every update I'm crossing my fingers that it's an internet browser but it just turnes out to be a patch or something, except for that Live Messenger add-on that is useless because you can only use one account with it.

Let us hope for an internet browser for the 360 sometime soon! :p

An internet browser on the xbox 360 may never happen. You have a PC for that, microsoft already making windows, they're doing a fine job on letting you get online.

Touché.

But what if someone else is occupying the computer, or it's in for repairs? And you desperately need to browse the tubes for something important.

But...I can still hope for one right? I wish it would so me and my girlfriend wouldn't have to fight over the computer so often. :(

this is actually a feature ive been looking for for 2 years... and now they released the keyboard for the controller, i think it will be happening soon.

you mean something like this :D
IMG_0014-1.jpg

The keyboard for the controller was for the MSN messenger that was put onto the TV. The 360 will never, and let me repeat this in bold, never have an internet browser. Why you may ask?
1. It's a worthless feature, why use it if there's most likely going to be a computer in your house already?
2. Microsoft already stated that the 360 will not have a browser, saying that "It's a console, not a computer"
3. Have you seen the Ps3, wii, and PsP browsers? They suck! The wii's is the only decent one mainly because they use opera.

Ironcobra3000 said:
The keyboard for the controller was for the MSN messenger that was put onto the TV. The 360 will never, and let me repeat this in bold, never have an internet browser. Why you may ask?
1. It's a worthless feature, why use it if there's most likely going to be a computer in your house already?
2. Microsoft already stated that the 360 will not have a browser, saying that "It's a console, not a computer"
3. Have you seen the Ps3, wii, and PsP browsers? They suck! The wii's is the only decent one mainly because they use opera.
did you totally ignore my last post! what does it look like to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
pacbury said:
did you totally ignore my last post! what does it look like to you!

It looks like you took a screenie of your PC from a camera about 1 foot away and photoshopped a person being online to the bottom middle screen..lol.

Ironcobra3000 said:

Dreams: destroyed. Thanks lol. I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that there will be no internet browser for the Xbox 360.

then prove it by providing a download. It looks to me as though you've installed linux onto your 360 and put a browser on there.

But the problem with that is it only displays a picture of the webpage you want to view onto your 360. The only thing that you can do with it is scroll around and follow links. It's not a true web browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back