Internet Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetta

I know this might not be the right place to ask for help on this kind of problem but i need help. I have this probelm with my internet whenever someone uses a phone or calls my house i lose connetion to my internet has anyone esle ever ahd this problem or does anyone know how to fix it?

Hmm... do you use dial-up? Dial-up service connects through the phoneline, therefore if someone were to call, it could mess with your connection.

Hehe I had the same problem too! Well I never figured out how to solve it though, my only guess is that the phone is interrupting the wireless signal to your 360. Either get a new phone or just plug it out. :D Thats just what I think but right now I'm grounded from video games. :(

Your phone operates on the same line as your Intertubes, and your 360. Its gonna happen unless you hook up a seperate line, or get something other than dial-up.

I use Comcast, im good 2 go (while being gouged for cash)

rvb4life said:
Your phone operates on the same line as your Intertubes, and your 360. Its gonna happen unless you hook up a seperate line, or get something other than dial-up.

I use Comcast, im good 2 go (while being gouged for cash)
Comcast here as well :D

You must be using dial-up for this to be happening, for DSL or Cable connections do not mess with the phonelines. Dial-up actually uses your phonelines to dial the service provider. Basically, when you are on the internet with dial-up, you're on the phone ;)

If you don't have dial-up, then you must have some weird coincidental issues O.O

Last edited by a moderator:
Phone calls will also interfere with DSL if you're using DSL.
I suggest calling your phone and/or internet provider - if they aren't the same. Also get the DSL and Phone line filters... that will cut down on interference and disruption.

leegrisham said:
Phone calls will also interfere with DSL if you're using DSL.
I suggest calling your phone and/or internet provider - if they aren't the same. Also get the DSL and Phone line filters... that will cut down on interference and disruption.
Oh, yeah :oops: My brother used to have DSL and got rid of it for the same problem... lol

Ok, so you have dial-up.

There isn't anything you can do to fix this, as there is nothing to fix.

Dial-up uses your phone line to connect to the Interbutts, so if you're surfing the webs, and someone calls, its like a head on collision. The call doesn't come through, and you disconnect from the Internet.

The only way to remedy this is to get cable/DSL.

Tater Mane said:
Ok, so you have dial-up.

There isn't anything you can do to fix this, as there is nothing to fix.

Dial-up uses your phone line to connect to the Interbutts, so if you're surfing the webs, and someone calls, its like a head on collision. The call doesn't come through, and you disconnect from the Internet.

The only way to remedy this is to get cable/DSL.
If dial up is the case then this man speaks the truth.

Get a filter to get rid of the problem, or get DSL from a provider which is so freakin fast, a phone call wont interfere. Or get cable internet from the cable company/broadband company. Much faster and hooks to the cable line, phone calls wont even bother you or lag you.

Jetta said:
i dont i have dial up and its not just for my 360 its for my computer too

What!?! Don't tell me you play Xbox LIVE with dial up.. that's horrible. You should try to get DSL at least. Dial up is no good anymore...

Evil Femle said:
What!?! Don't tell me you play Xbox LIVE with dial up.. that's horrible. You should try to get DSL at least. Dial up is no good anymore...
Dial up was never good >_>

Heh I remember the old Yahoo XD

Course I was browsing in Netscape back then...ah sigh lol.

"You are now connected at 14.4kbps..."

Oh boy!

Nicktendo said:
YOUNGIN' ALERT!

It used to be all that was needed for what the web used to be. It's surprising what the internet used to be like.

Yahoo! Today

Yahoo! in 1996
No...

Believe me, I was around then, I used the interbutts then, and it was not an enjoyable experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back