Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: Jaden, I usually prefer to go by my username online but it doesn't matter much
Profession? Student?: I'm a senior in high school currently
Favorite Hobby: Gunpla
Favorite part of Halo: The worldbuilding/lore
Favorite Halo: Reach was my first Halo game. not only do I love the art style of the game, but something about the struggle of humanity, especially during the fall of Reach, is something that just captivates me in the series.
Favorite Video Game: Currently I would have to say warframe
Other Interests: gaming, volleyball, art
Favorite Food: potatoes of any style
Favorite Band: Fake Type
Favorite Movie(s): not a huge movie enjoyer
What do you hope to learn here?: I'm hoping to get some tips on costume making and see what techniques people use
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've scratched the surface with some homemade masks of questionable quality
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: currently, no
Other:
Welcome to the 405th, we are waiting to see what you start building...

First Name: Most folks online address me as either Zero or Zee and usually run with that for any kind of online introductions
Profession? Student?: Payload Engineer
Favorite Hobby: RC Rock Crawling (just now getting into this and enjoy doing custom bodies for the few I have)
Favorite part of Halo: The friendships I've made and shenanigans I've gotten myself into playing with the people I've met
Favorite Halo: Reach. First one I ever played from start to end. Just something about it that's stuck with me and keeps bringing me back
Favorite Video Game: currently, MSFS 2022
Other Interests: Anything space related
Favorite Food: Love me some Thai hot chicken Pad Thai or Garlic Black Pepper Chicken
Favorite Band: TSFH (I know, not really a band, but they're really the only ones that I'll go out of my way to find their music to listen to right now)
Favorite Movie(s): Anything out of the Star Trek franchise
What do you hope to learn here?: Better techniques for building and prototyping. What (not) to do when working with 3D printers. Maybe foam working techniques if I ever manage a better work space setup down the road
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not really. I've dabbled a bit with a few paper craft parts that I've never really finished for one reason or another. I keep getting distracted or pulled off into something for work and things keep getting put on the back burner. It's actually kinda impressive that I managed to sit down long enough to repaint the helmet I picked up from GameStop and get it to a point where I like it, sans running the lights and redoing the padding, and also paint up a pistol prop I had a local shop print for me to match the helmet..
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope. This is the first one for me.
Other: I've lurked around here for a while, and have been meaning to get around to this for some time. Finally actually remembering to today as I'm bouncing around between some things for work

First Name: Aric
Profession? Meat Cutter
Favourite Hobby: I love all my hobbies but the best part is sharing my hobbies with like minded people, the social aspect and community.
Favourite part of Halo: The universe the story and the background, design aesthetics.
Favourite Halo: Really into Infinite but I generally liked all the games for different parts, best when played online with friends.
Favourite Video Game: Favourite series would have to be Horizon zero dawn, sorry Chief
Other Interests: Lego, Board games, Tabletop Miniature games, Movies, Horror, Comics, D&D and rpg in general.
Favourite Food: How can one possible only have one favourite, tho I am fortunate to have no food allergies.
Favourite Band: Most music I enjoy, just don't enjoy much country and western.
Favourite Movie(s): No way I can have one favourite, go to movies all the time. This goes for TV shows to.
What do you hope to learn here?: Looking at getting a first 3d printer, learning how to use and print costume pieces, finish pieces, make new friends.
Have you built/made a costume before?: a very small exposure to starting a storm trooper costume.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None.
Other: Hoping to meet some of the Calgary Members, hopefully before the next Calgary Expo.

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
First Name: Ron
Profession? Student?: Military/DoD
Favorite Hobby: Bengals Football
Favorite part of Halo: Reminds me of my childhood
Favorite Halo: Halo CE
Favorite Video Game: Halo CE
Other Interests: Football and Family
Favorite Food: Cincinnati Style Chili
Favorite Band: To many to name one
Favorite Movie(s): The Patriot / Braveheart
What do you hope to learn here?: Other peoples methods and meet fun people!
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes! I build a few Mandalorian sets. One has gained a bit of a cult following on Twitter, The Bengalorian
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I do not
Other: I am just excited to be here with fun like minded people!
31E0EE68-2A26-4ABC-B840-B96A18CCE104.jpeg
31E0EE68-2A26-4ABC-B840-B96A18CCE104.jpeg

First Name: Aric
Profession? Meat Cutter
Favourite Hobby: I love all my hobbies but the best part is sharing my hobbies with like minded people, the social aspect and community.
Favourite part of Halo: The universe the story and the background, design aesthetics.
Favourite Halo: Really into Infinite but I generally liked all the games for different parts, best when played online with friends.
Favourite Video Game: Favourite series would have to be Horizon zero dawn, sorry Chief
Other Interests: Lego, Board games, Tabletop Miniature games, Movies, Horror, Comics, D&D and rpg in general.
Favourite Food: How can one possible only have one favourite, tho I am fortunate to have no food allergies.
Favourite Band: Most music I enjoy, just don't enjoy much country and western.
Favourite Movie(s): No way I can have one favourite, go to movies all the time. This goes for TV shows to.
What do you hope to learn here?: Looking at getting a first 3d printer, learning how to use and print costume pieces, finish pieces, make new friends.
Have you built/made a costume before?: a very small exposure to starting a storm trooper costume.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None.
Other: Hoping to meet some of the Calgary Members, hopefully before the next Calgary Expo.
Aric, Welcome to the 405th we are glad to see you here and look forward to seeing what armor you build.

First Name: Jaxon
Profession? Student?: Film Major, Junior Year
Favorite Hobby: Video making
Favorite part of Halo: the human aspect
Favorite Halo: I think ODST is a masterpiece, but CE has my heart
Favorite Video Game: Republic Commando
Other Interests: Historic military vehicle restoration
Favorite Food: I don't like food that much
Favorite Band: Sabaton
Favorite Movie(s): Despite being a film major, I don't really have a favorite movie. Recently though I re-watched Indiana Jones which was a childhood obsession of mine and fell in love again.
What do you hope to learn here?: How to use EVA foam. 50% into a foam ODST build and I still have no idea what I'm doing!
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, I've been making costumes all my life but the one other costume I still use is my Stormtrooper armor
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I'm going to join the 501st eventually, but that's a ways down the road
Other: I'm a youtuber! Also I joined the forums like a year ago but am only fully joining now...

Favorite Movie(s): Despite being a film major, I don't really have a favorite movie. Recently though I re-watched Indiana Jones which was a childhood obsession of mine and fell in love again.
What do you hope to learn here?: How to use EVA foam. 50% into a foam ODST build and I still have no idea what I'm doing!
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, I've been making costumes all my life but the one other costume I still use is my Stormtrooper armor
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I'm going to join the 501st eventually, but that's a ways down the road
Other: I'm a youtuber! Also I joined the forums like a year ago but am only fully joining now...
Welcome to the 405th

First Name: Jake

Profession? Student?: Third year Fine art student

Favorite Hobby: Cooking

Favorite part of Halo: any level with the warthog in. I laugh too much at it bouncing about as I run over my enemies

Favorite Halo: Halo 2

Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect 2 (close tie to Halo 2 though)

Other Interests: Landscape painting, walking, playing the piano

Favorite Food: Most food to be honest (I'm not picky)

Favorite Band: Not really got a favourite. I just rotate between a few that I like

Favorite Movie(s): The Thing, Starship Troopers, Battlestar Galactica (1978). Pretty much any sci-fi or Bond film too

What do you hope to learn here?: How to put together a costume with as few mistakes as possible

Have you built/made a costume before?: I've built bits and pieces. Mainly a foam helmet and a lamellar construction chest piece.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No

Other: I can't really think of anything at this time. Probably because I'm getting used to cutting down my caffeine intake

First Name: Jake

Profession? Student?: Third year Fine art student

Favorite Hobby: Cooking

Favorite part of Halo: any level with the warthog in. I laugh too much at it bouncing about as I run over my enemies

Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect 2 (close tie to Halo 2 though)

Other Interests: Landscape painting, walking, playing the piano

Favorite Food: Most food to be honest (I'm not picky)

Favorite Band: Not really got a favourite. I just rotate between a few that I like

Favorite Movie(s): The Thing, Starship Troopers, Battlestar Galactica (1978). Pretty much any sci-fi or Bond film too

What do you hope to learn here?: How to put together a costume with as few mistakes as possible

Have you built/made a costume before?: I've built bits and pieces. Mainly a foam helmet and a lamellar construction chest piece.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No

Other: I can't really think of anything at this time. Probably because I'm getting used to cutting down my caffeine intake
Welcome to the 405th can't wait to see what you can come up with.

First Name: Alex
I'm currently working in law enforcement and have been with my current department for three years now.
Favorite Hobby: airsoft allows me to be active and hangout with all my buddies.
Favorite part of Halo: all the great qoutes and just mass amount of lore in the universe, as there's something for everyone in halo
Favorite Halo: has to be odst love the ost and atmosphere of the game.
Favorite Video Game: as of now ready or not is one of my go to games, the realism and attention to detail is great.
Other Interests: I do a lot of reenacting from WW1 through vietnam. 3d print also keeps me busy in the off season.
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: CCR
Favorite Movie(s): saving private ryan
What do you hope to learn here?: my skills and tips on how to improve my cosplays and armor.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've made a foam odst cosplay and my most recent 3d print spartan 3 armor, which I wear to most cons im my area.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? Not yet maybe branch out in the future.

Hello everyone
First Name: Darren
Profession: Student
Favorite Hobby: Making films, keeping aquariums and of course, cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: The Lore
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 and Halo 3: ODST
Favorite Video Game: Online chess
Other Interests: Working out
Favorite Food: A good burger
Favorite Band: Noah and the Whale
Favorite Movie(s): Grave Encounters
What do you hope to learn here?: I would like to learn more about 3d printing and foam work
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, i've recently done an ODST and Mandalorian
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: 501st Legion

Attachments

• 20221112-A7408529.jpg
    20221112-A7408529.jpg
    9.5 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Hello everyone
First Name: Darren
Profession: Student
Favorite Hobby: Making films, keeping aquariums and of course, cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: The Lore
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 and Halo 3: ODST
Favorite Video Game: Online chess
Other Interests: Working out
Favorite Food: A good burger
Favorite Band: Noah and the Whale
Favorite Movie(s): Grave Encounters
What do you hope to learn here?: I would like to learn more about 3d printing and foam work
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, i've recently done an ODST and Mandalorian
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: 501st Legion
welcome to the 405th

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name: Matt
Profession? Student?: Dump truck
Favorite Hobby: Cars and 3D printing/designing
Favorite part of Halo: The story line and immersive campaigns
Favorite Halo: 3 or reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Battlefield, DayZ
Other Interests: Drifting. Track days
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: too many lol Rise Against I guess
Favorite Movie(s): Black Hawk Down, Talladega Nights
What do you hope to learn here?: Improve armor building skills
Have you built/made a costume before?: done a few helmets but currently doing my first full suit
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no

Nice to see a fellow film major in the 405th

First Name: Duncan, but I prefer going by online aliases while online, so feel free to call me Droidy.

Profession? Student?: Student

Favorite Hobby: Illustration. I specifically like character design. Drawn up a lot of unique characters.

Favorite part of Halo: The science fiction action. I love a good blend of military action and sci-fi goodness.

Favorite Halo: I have different favourites for different reasons. In terms of story, I love Halo 2, in terms of multiplayer, I (controversially) like Halo 4 and 5, in terms of overall experience, I’d say Reach was the best experience I had with a Halo game.

Favorite Video Game: Team Fortress 2. By far the game I’ve sunk the most hours into, and my first proper dip into the gaming community.

Other Interests: Other than cosplay, I’ve had a minor interest in creative writing. I’ve mostly just dabbled with concepts as opposed to actually writing full fledged drafts, but I do keep note of most of my ideas if I ever feel like coming back to them.

Favorite Food: Nachos. Recently found a great simple recipe that I’ve formed a tradition of cooking every weekend as a quick but satisfying lunch.

Favorite Band: Recently gained a major interest in Gorillaz, but I’m a relatively long time fan of Daft Punk.

Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars OT and PT, Spirited Away, Serenity, Alien(s), and Terminator 1 and 2. I have quite a few I like but those are the favourites that come to mind.

What do you hope to learn here?: Overall, I just want to learn how to improve as a whole. Methods, process, strategies, use of materials. All that. Oh, one other thing I’d love to learn is implementing electronics into cosplay. Never dabbled with it before and I may consider it for my Spartan cosplay. It seems like a lot of people here have some knowledge on that.

Have you built/made a costume before?: I’ve made a few costumes, starting as far back as my (very poorly made) cardboard Overwatch Bastion cosplay back in 2017. My most recent work was a Halo Infinite UNSC Marine cosplay, which I had to make using the basic Jazwares toys as reference material since I made it back in early 2021, when there was no other reference material around.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s): I don’t belong in any others. I hadn’t really considered the merit of joining one until now.

Attachments

• E78D5CDB-99FC-42AF-B61B-A60D7D5036B8.jpeg
    E78D5CDB-99FC-42AF-B61B-A60D7D5036B8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
First Name: Cory
Profession: R&D Engineer
Favorite Hobby: Basically anything. I jump hobbies a lot but typically always making something
Favorite part of Halo: Definitely the lore
Favorite Video Game: Halo and Half Life
Other Interests: Sports, Electronics, etc
Favorite Food: Tacos all day every day
Favorite Band: Liking Masked Wolf right now but typ alt rock
Favorite Movie(s): Deepwater Horizon, Blackhawk Down, *insert action movie here*
What do you hope to learn here?: More about the cosplay and prop building tips
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope

First Name:Tanner
Profession? Student?: Security/Student
Favorite Hobby: 40K
Favorite part of Halo: I’m a sucker for power armor
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Armored Core For Answer
Other Interests: leather working/watch making/ brewing
Favorite Food:Scrambled Eggs
Favorite Band: Journey
Favorite Movie(s): John Wick series
What do you hope to learn here?: I’m hoping to learn how to make realistic armor sets with LEDs and all the fun stuff
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have not
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Negative
Other

First Name: Josh
Profession?: Plant Area Lead/Line Foreman Accents Dep't (we print custom logos and wood grains on garage doors)
Favorite Hobby: Playing video games with friends. Mods are especially a favorite of mine as they can add to the fun/chaos of a game and can create new scenarios everytime, thusly creating infinite replayability.

Favorite part of Halo: I need a weapon. Giving the covenant back their space pickle. For a brick, he flew pretty good. "Dear Humanity... we regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!"
Master Chief : You told me there wouldn't be any cameras.
Sgt. Johnson : And you told me you were gonna wear something nice.

Favorite Video Game: Dying Light, LFD2 (with mods)

Other Interests: FOOD, modifying my truck, building computers

Favorite Food: Spaghetti

Favorite Band: Depends on my mood

Favorite Movie(s): So many to choose from I cant decide.

What do you hope to learn here?
: How to become a better content creator as well as learn to make my own custom props and be a leading member eventually myself in the cos/con world.

Have you built/made a costume before?
: I have not, but with everyones help here I hope to learn to do so.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not yet

Other:

Last edited:
First Name: Josh
Profession?: Plant Area Lead/Line Foreman Accents Dep't (we print custom logos and wood grains on garage doors)
Favorite Hobby: Playing video games with friends. Mods are especially a favorite of mine as they can add to the fun/chaos of a game and can create new scenarios everytime, thusly creating infinite replayability.

Favorite part of Halo: I need a weapon. Giving the covenant back their space pickle.

Favorite Video Game: Dying Light, LFD2 (with mods),

Other Interests: FOOD

Favorite Food: Spaghetti

Favorite Band: Depends on my mood

Favorite Movie(s): So many to choose from I cant decide.

What do you hope to learn here?: How to become a better content creator as well as learn to make my own custom props and be a leading member eventually myself in the cos/con world.

Have you built/made a costume before?: I have not, but with everyones help here I hope to learn to do so.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not yet

Other:
Welcome to the 405th!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back