Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

New Greenhorn reporting in.

First Name: Rick
Profession: Character designer and illustrator
Favorite Hobby: Toy collecting
Favorite part of Halo: The nobility and sacrifice of Spartans.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Red Death Redemption (you just can’t beat its narrative quality)
Other Interests: Cosplay for charity, living to see another day.
Favorite Food: Japanese
Favorite Band: Queen, Journey, Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Eagles, Credence…
Favorite Movie(s): way too many to mention but Blade Runner, The Thing, Alien, Terminator 1 and 2, an American werewolf in London, Escape from NY, Conan, Dark City…
What do you hope to learn here?: How to create my own Spartan II armor.
Have you built/made a costume before?: never entirely. Just small parts and paint.
Do you belong to any other costume communities?: Yes
If so, which one(s)?: The 501st Legion and the Ghostbusters (Costa Rica office)
Other: I hope I can join the ranks of the 405th and represent it accordingly and with pride.

P.S.

I’m kinda scared I haven’t really understood the scope of the work ahead of me… I’m going for something in the Spartan II “noble 5” Jorge 052 type.

Cheers everyone!
First welcome to the 405th, Second jorge 052 is a awesome armor suit but do you plan on printing or eva? other than that we are here if you need and help...

First Name: Les
Profession? Retired Military
Favorite Hobby: Anything that I can build with my hands
Favorite part of Halo: Storylines with multiple characters and back stories. The military theme of Halo keeps me interested as it constantly changes and lets me use my imagination.
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game: Sorry, I Don't play video games
Other Interests: Old cars, Old motorcycles, rebuilding them
Favorite Food: Almost everything
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s): Heartbreak Ridge
What do you hope to learn here?: Any things craft related, historical, Cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: Just started building with EVA foam. Have ordered a 3D printer.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:N/A
Other: I'm open to comments and corrections. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I have very thick skin!

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:

First Name: Jack
Profession? Student
Favorite Hobby: Mini Painting
Favorite part of Halo: The cosplay
Favorite Halo: infinite
Favorite Video Game:Skyrim
Other Interests: Doing voice impersonations
Favorite Food: Poutine (not because I'm Canadian)
Favorite Band: Imagine Dragons
Favorite Movie(s): The office and A New Hope
What do you hope to learn here?: How to improve my cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?:Nope
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other: I like big Pizzas and I cannot lie

First welcome to the 405th, Second jorge 052 is a awesome armor suit but do you plan on printing or eva? other than that we are here if you need and help...
Well… I’m 50 now and not in good shape. Using a 50 pound papercraft/fiberglass suit, pack and weapon is something I want to stay away from.

Printed armor is a bit outside of my monetary reach ATM because my wife and me just recently bought a home.

So EVA it is… however, I am worried about the longevity side of foam armor. Some time ago I made a Dr Doom armor set and it wasn’t very durable so I am still wondering about it.

Printed seems to be the middle ground between the two but I am worried about the cost.

The soft parts are not an issue for the time being.

I’ll be starting a thread soon, after I read through a few builds and see the shortcomings other 052s had in their journeys to completion. Best way to not fall in the same ditches I guess.

First Name: Les
Profession? Retired Military
Favorite Hobby: Anything that I can build with my hands
Favorite part of Halo: Storylines with multiple characters and back stories. The military theme of Halo keeps me interested as it constantly changes and lets me use my imagination.
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game: Sorry, I Don't play video games
Other Interests: Old cars, Old motorcycles, rebuilding them
Favorite Food: Almost everything
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s): Heartbreak Ridge
What do you hope to learn here?: Any things craft related, historical, Cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: Just started building with EVA foam. Have ordered a 3D printer.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:N/A
Other: I'm open to comments and corrections. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I have very thick skin!
Welcome to the 405th, i am always working with my hands to. i am looking forward to seeing what project you start and remember we are here if you have any questions

First Name: Jaxon
Profession? Student?: Film Major, Junior Year
Favorite Hobby: Video making
Favorite part of Halo: the human aspect
Favorite Halo: I think ODST is a masterpiece, but CE has my heart
Favorite Video Game: Republic Commando
Other Interests: Historic military vehicle restoration
Favorite Food: I don't like food that much
Favorite Band: Sabaton
Favorite Movie(s): Despite being a film major, I don't really have a favorite movie. Recently though I re-watched Indiana Jones which was a childhood obsession of mine and fell in love again.
What do you hope to learn here?: How to use EVA foam. 50% into a foam ODST build and I still have no idea what I'm doing!
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, I've been making costumes all my life but the one other costume I still use is my Stormtrooper armor
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I'm going to join the 501st eventually, but that's a ways down the road
Other: I'm a youtuber! Also I joined the forums like a year ago but am only fully joining now...
Welcome! Cant wait to see what you make while here!

Morning all from a not so sunny but very cold UK! Just thought I would say hello as I’ve been very impressed by the level of the professionalism in the builds I’ve seen!

First Name: Nick
Profession: prefer not to say
Favorite Hobby: Track riding motorbikes and driving kit cars.
Favorite part of Halo: Music.
Favorite Halo: 1, some great memories playing on the original Xbox.
Favorite Video Game: Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast)
Other Interests: Anything fast, building kit cars , DIY, Nerf modding.
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: AcDc
Favorite Movie(s): The list is long and distinguished… Top Gun, Maverick, Anything Sci Fi, Rush, LeMan66 plus many more.
What do you hope to learn here?: building techniques, painting techniques,
Have you built/made a costume before?: built a predator costume and armour from EVA.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No.

Other: So having moved on a number of modified nerf blasters I have my MA40 on the way to customise and paint up in a reach Esq paint scheme.
I think I’m also going to start putting a costume together as my step daughter is very much into her anime and cosplay so it would be brilliant to be able to go with her to some events…. Clearly in costume so I’m not the uncool one.
I think I’m going to start with the blaster and helmet and then work from there. I’m pretty happy with EVA after having built some Predator armour so I will probably stick with EVA.

Morning all from a not so sunny but very cold UK! Just thought I would say hello as I’ve been very impressed by the level of the professionalism in the builds I’ve seen!

First Name: Nick
Profession: prefer not to say
Favorite Hobby: Track riding motorbikes and driving kit cars.
Favorite part of Halo: Music.
Favorite Halo: 1, some great memories playing on the original Xbox.
Favorite Video Game: Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast)
Other Interests: Anything fast, building kit cars , DIY, Nerf modding.
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: AcDc
Favorite Movie(s): The list is long and distinguished… Top Gun, Maverick, Anything Sci Fi, Rush, LeMan66 plus many more.
What do you hope to learn here?: building techniques, painting techniques,
Have you built/made a costume before?: built a predator costume and armour from EVA.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No.

Other: So having moved on a number of modified nerf blasters I have my MA40 on the way to customise and paint up in a reach Esq paint scheme.
I think I’m also going to start putting a costume together as my step daughter is very much into her anime and cosplay so it would be brilliant to be able to go with her to some events…. Clearly in costume so I’m not the uncool one.
I think I’m going to start with the blaster and helmet and then work from there. I’m pretty happy with EVA after having built some Predator armour so I will probably stick with EVA.
Welcome to the 405th can't wait to see your projects come to life

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

Profession? Student?: High school student
Favorite Hobby: LEGO building and foamsmithing
Favorite part of Halo: The armor designs
Favorite Halo: I’ve never actually played it but I have seen a lot of Impact Props YouTube videos!
Favorite Video Game: Fortnite
Other Interests: Star Wars
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: Singer: Rick Astley
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars Original Trilogy, Harry Potter, Jason Bourne, Christmas Vacation
What do you hope to learn here?: I want templates and advice to make foam helmets
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes! It was Din Djarin the Mandalorian.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope but maybe someday
Other: I like Taco Bell

Profession? Student?: High school student
Favorite Hobby: LEGO building and foamsmithing
Favorite part of Halo: The armor designs
Favorite Halo: I’ve never actually played it but I have seen a lot of Impact Props YouTube videos!
Favorite Video Game: Fortnite
Other Interests: Star Wars
Favorite Band: Singer: Rick Astley
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars Original Trilogy, Harry Potter, Jason Bourne, Christmas Vacation
What do you hope to learn here?: I want templates and advice to make foam helmets
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes! It was Din Djarin the Mandalorian.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope but maybe someday
Other: I like Taco Bell

First Name: Anthony
Profession? Accounts Admin
Favorite Hobby: Reading
Favorite part of Halo: Anything and everything lore related
Favorite Halo: Hard choice, but probably Halo 2
Favorite Video Game: Again, too many choices, but I would have the most playtime in Halo Reach by far
Other Interests: Playing guitar, Listening to music, Cycling, playing D&D.
Favorite Food: Can't go wrong with a good burger.
Favorite Band: So many good ones, but Black Sky Research I feel deserves more recognition
Favorite Movie(s): Avatar, Top Gun, How to Train your Dragon
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make some sick Halo armour! Marine and OSDT specifically.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not a costume, but I made a wooden assault rifle and battle rifle in my early teenage years. I imagine my parents got rid of them long ago though :(
Other: I would love to talk to others in this group living in New Zealand if there are any!

First Name: Anthony
Profession? Accounts Admin
Favorite Hobby: Reading
Favorite part of Halo: Anything and everything lore related
Favorite Halo: Hard choice, but probably Halo 2
Favorite Video Game: Again, too many choices, but I would have the most playtime in Halo Reach by far
Other Interests: Playing guitar, Listening to music, Cycling, playing D&D.
Favorite Food: Can't go wrong with a good burger.
Favorite Band: So many good ones, but Black Sky Research I feel deserves more recognition
Favorite Movie(s): Avatar, Top Gun, How to Train your Dragon
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make some sick Halo armour! Marine and OSDT specifically.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not a costume, but I made a wooden assault rifle and battle rifle in my early teenage years. I imagine my parents got rid of them long ago though :(
Other: I would love to talk to others in this group living in New Zealand if there are any!
Welcome to the 405th, i would like to see what you are planning on building? any questions we are here for you...

Welcome to the 405th, i would like to see what you are planning on building? any questions we are here for you...
Hey, thanks! Since I'm just starting out I thought I'd aim to build a Halo 3 ODST cosplay. I'm really inspired by Danielle Deb's ODST and Heroes Workshop's desert ODST as they look nice without being too cluttered. If I could get a result that looks half as good as those I'll be happy. The first step I'm thinking of is trying to mock up a helmet or something out of card using the armory files to try to get my head around it all, and also because it doesn't require tools I don't currently have haha. Assuming that goes well I will probably aim to try to make it in foam, but long term I wonder if I'd get better results 3d printing.

Attachments

• 279232748_532642474897445_1409285911349500377_n.jpg
    279232748_532642474897445_1409285911349500377_n.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Capturedesert.JPG
    Capturedesert.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 54
Hey, thanks! Since I'm just starting out I thought I'd aim to build a Halo 3 ODST cosplay. I'm really inspired by Danielle Deb's ODST and Heroes Workshop's desert ODST as they look nice without being too cluttered. If I could get a result that looks half as good as those I'll be happy. The first step I'm thinking of is trying to mock up a helmet or something out of card using the armory files to try to get my head around it all, and also because it doesn't require tools I don't currently have haha. Assuming that goes well I will probably aim to try to make it in foam, but long term I wonder if I'd get better results 3d printing.
i have seen the heros workshop armor it does look good, just remember to go slow think it out so you dont get flustered. and as always if you get stuck or can not figure out the next step we are here to help. i love halo 3 odst cant wait to see how you start, remember you will make mistakes its part of the learning curve. just go slow when you rush thats is when you will do something you will regret later.

Awesome! I'm using the heroes files too to start my ODST. I've built a little before, so like he said above take your time. That's something I learned, patience when it comes to costuming with foam or the cardstock. And there is lots of help here, which I'll be asking for myself in the upcoming weeks.

First Name: Justin
Profession? Student?: assistant vineyard manager
Favorite Hobby: woodworking
Favorite part of Halo: the armor and weapons
Favorite Halo: odst
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim
Other Interests:farming
Favorite Food: cheese burgers
Favorite Band: Metallica
Favorite Movie(s): Batman 1989
What do you hope to learn here? To better my armor making skills
Have you built/made a costume before?:yes a mandalorian
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:no
Other:

First Name: Andrew, but I MUCH prefer to go by August and various other things. (I don't have the best memories associated with the first name.)

Profession: I'm a full part time student and an all time gamer.

Favorite Hobby: Wasting too much time on customization in any game I play where I'm given the option or chance to do so.

Favorite part of Halo: Can I say Achilles? And no I'm not kidding. (Its also the armor I'm currently looking to work on making a reality as my signature Cosplay getup. I haven't started any of the process yet but I hope to soon.)

Favorite Halo: Halo 5: Guardians

Favorite Video Game: Halo 5: Guardians (Look I'm a consistent person when it comes to my taste in the games I like.)

Other Interests: Swordfighting, Archery, making messes, and improv comedy.

Favorite Food: Ginger Ale (I know it's not technically food but I can't settle on one so I went for my favorite drink instead.)

Favorite Band: I grew up on Rush, and Moving Pictures is my favorite album of theirs.

Favorite Movie(s): The Batman (2022), (Seen three times) and The Terminator. (Seen five or six times, I've lost track.)

What do you hope to learn here?: I'm looking to learn the ins and outs of more serious cosplay, as well as things like how to use a 3D printer, make and scale props, and what the pain of a failed print truly feels like.

Have you built/made a costume before?: I've been doing fantasy Larp (In many different costumes) for 12 years if that counts for anything.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: N/A, for now.

Other: I am proudly SR 152 on Halo 5.

First Name: Andrew, but I MUCH prefer to go by August and various other things. (I don't have the best memories associated with the first name.)

Profession: I'm a full part time student and an all time gamer.

Favorite Hobby: Wasting too much time on customization in any game I play where I'm given the option or chance to do so.

Favorite part of Halo: Can I say Achilles? And no I'm not kidding. (Its also the armor I'm currently looking to work on making a reality as my signature Cosplay getup. I haven't started any of the process yet but I hope to soon.)

Favorite Halo: Halo 5: Guardians

Favorite Video Game: Halo 5: Guardians (Look I'm a consistent person when it comes to my taste in the games I like.)

Other Interests: Swordfighting, Archery, making messes, and improv comedy.

Favorite Food: Ginger Ale (I know it's not technically food but I can't settle on one so I went for my favorite drink instead.)

Favorite Band: I grew up on Rush, and Moving Pictures is my favorite album of theirs.

Favorite Movie(s): The Batman (2022), (Seen three times) and The Terminator. (Seen five or six times, I've lost track.)

What do you hope to learn here?: I'm looking to learn the ins and outs of more serious cosplay, as well as things like how to use a 3D printer, make and scale props, and what the pain of a failed print truly feels like.

Have you built/made a costume before?: I've been doing fantasy Larp (In many different costumes) for 12 years if that counts for anything.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: N/A, for now.

Other: I am proudly SR 152 on Halo 5.
welcome to the 405th..

First Name: Lunafreyja
Profession: 5th year University Student
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and DnD
Favorite part of Halo: Halo 3 and Reach multiplayer when I was younger
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 or 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo 2, Halo 3, or Fable 2
Other Interests: Anime, Cosplay, DnD
Favorite Band: Blink-182
Favorite Movie(s): Hot Fuzz
What do you hope to learn here?: I'd like to eventually make myself and ODST suit for conventions
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, but only fabric
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Just some local anime convention groups
Other: moonmoon

First Name: Lunafreyja
Profession: 5th year University Student
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and DnD
Favorite part of Halo: Halo 3 and Reach multiplayer when I was younger
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 or 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo 2, Halo 3, or Fable 2
Other Interests: Anime, Cosplay, DnD
Favorite Band: Blink-182
Favorite Movie(s): Hot Fuzz
What do you hope to learn here?: I'd like to eventually make myself and ODST suit for conventions
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, but only fabric
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Just some local anime convention groups
Other: moonmoon
Welcome to the 405th! Glad to have you here

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back