Favorite food: any good Italian food is my favorite
Favorite band: king crimson
Favorite movie: the princess bride
What do you hope to learn here?: I want to lean foamcraft so I can do more cons
Have you built a costume before? : no but I’m working on one right now
Do you belong in any other costume communities?: no I don’t

First Name: Noah
Student
Age: 15 (I accidentally put the wrong year when signing up, can an admin or mod fix it? I meant to put 2006)
Favorite Hobby: Rowing and video games.
Favorite part of Halo: The campaign and/or customization.
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Tough choice between TF2 and Halo, but seeing as I'm on a Halo forum, Halo.
Other Interests: Rowing, Lego building.
Favorite Food: Tamales
Favorite Band: Maybe Talking Heads? Or ACDC.
Favorite Movie(s): I don't really watch movies that much, but maybe Top Gun?
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make prop armor.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I did a really bad TF2 Scout costume for Halloween once. The only thing I really built were some 3D printed dog tags with the TF2 logo.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)? No.
Other:

First Name: Julian
Student: Graphic Student 1. Semester
Favorite Hobby: Training Bird of Prey, Photographie, Reading LARP
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game: Horizon Zero Dawn, Warhammer Vermintide 1 & 2, Witcher
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band: Saltatio Mortis, Subway to Sally, Rammstein
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?: Better Crafting of 3D-Prints
Have you built/made a costume before?: Warhammer 40k Imperial Army Privat Kowalski, Tzeentch, Haradrim
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
German Cosplay
Other:

First Name: Niclas, but Nick works as well
Profession: environmental planner
Favorite Hobby: Volleyball
Favorite part of Halo: Armor customisation
Favorite Halo: ODST
Favorite Video Game: Hard to tell, maybe Fallout 4 with the ODST mod at the moment
Other Interests: Environmental studies concerning the health and safety of forests in germany and worldwide
Favorite Food: -
Favorite Band: Saltatio Mortis, Subway to Sally, Rammstein (here I just had to copy and paste Herbstjul), Manowar
Favorite Movie(s): Forward Unto Dawn, Mad Max Fury Road
What do you hope to learn here?: Better Crafting of 3D-Prints (me too), detailed skills in crafting and painting costumes and props to get rid of the "shinnies" style
Have you built/made a costume before?:None, completly new on the topic
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope; just signed in to DeviantArt
Other: It's an honor to meet you boys and girls!

First Name: Connor
Profession: bartender/helper at an art studio
Favorite Hobby: crafting/cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: how cool all the armor looks
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: the KH line of games
Other Interests: Video Games and 3d printing
Favorite Food: Mozzarella Sticks
Favorite Band: Gorillaz
Favorite Movie(s): Back To The Future
What do you hope to learn here?: how to improve my foam-smithing and how to make the armors i've always wanted
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: somewhat part of the Spider-Man cosplay community
Other: i don't finish most projects so i'm hoping to change that with my Reach armor build!

First Name: Che (I just go by CJ tho)
Profession? Student?: I’m a Junior in Highschool and I have a part time job
Favorite Hobby: Playing Video Games/Playing Basketball
Favorite part of Halo: The community
Favorite Halo: Spartan Assault
Favorite Video Game: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
Other Interests: I’m into Airsoft, hunting, making music, cosplaying and playing the guitar
Favorite Food: General Tso’s
Favorite Band: Slaughter to Prevail
Favorite Movie(s): Cowboys vs Aliens and Friday the 13th
What do you hope to learn here?: Designing cool gear for cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No but I’m interested in the idea of joining other groups
Other: My favorite colors are Vermillion (a shade of red), Electric Blue, and Black

First Name: Dylan
Profession: Shrink Machine Operator in Medical Sterilization
Favorite Hobby: Playing Video Games
Favorite part of Halo: Music and Story, also drop pods
Favorite Halo: 2, Reach, then ODST
Favorite Video Game: Debatable between Halo, Battlefield, Zelda, and Pokemon
Other Interests: 3D Printing, Puzzles, Building things
Favorite Food: Hot Tamales
Favorite Band: Arctic Monkeys, Marshmello, Journey
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Harry Potter
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to connect with others who have a love for Halo and eventually cosplay together after I make my own armor.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, I have an Assassin's Creed one and a Link from Zelda
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not really, just follow some other pages
Other:

First Name: Louie, but you can call me Ledge
Profession? Student?: Student working on a Bachelors in Music Production!
Favorite Hobby: I play guitar, write music, and play Halo when I can
Favorite part of Halo: The Story and Awesome Memories
Favorite Halo: Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: Guitar, Singing, writing music
Favorite Food: Chinese
Favorite Band: Metallica
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars 1 to 8
What do you hope to learn here?: All I can Really. I've never made a costume before
Have you built/made a costume before?: nope
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: This is my first
Other: To be discovered later!

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
Kinda nervous to post here in such a massive and legendary community like the 405th, but...*Master Chief Voice* Here we go.

First name: You can call me Tim, but I'll answer to Vale as well.

Profession: I'm currently a Logistics Loss Prevention Investigator for Sephora USA, but I'm also studying to become an EMT.

Favorite Hobby: avid video gamer, but I love to cook when I feel particularly inspired. I've got a Fallout, Destiny and Skyrim cookbook that I've plucked quite a few recipes from with resounding approval from friends and family.

Favorite Part of Halo: Honestly, where do I start? I grew up playing Halo: CE with my friends, my brother and my dad. Everything from the hauntingly perfect music, to the compelling story of the campaign, to the fast and action packed (sometimes goofy) pace of the multiplayer matches. It's so hard to pick just one!

Favorite Halo: If I absolutely had to narrow it down to 1 game, I'd be stuck on Halo 2 or Halo 3. But for RTS, my go to is Halo Wars 2

Favorite Video Game: Its gotta be Halo, no other game has captured my heart quite like this series has.

Other Interests: Music is pretty big for me and I love going to concerts when theres someone I like coming to town. Anime is pretty high up on my list too, as well as hiking and just generally being out in nature.

Favorite Food: Mac and Cheese...I literally turn into a goblin when it comes to that stuff lol.

Favorite Band: ooooooh that's a tough one since my tastes bounce around a lot, but I'm currently obsessed with Ghost Data.

Favorite Movie: 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

What do you hope to learn here: I'd love to learn how to become a better cosplayer. To pick up on techniques and tips to craft or acquire better armor, weapons and really bring the characters I love to life. Plus it would be nice to make some new friends along the way.

Have you Built/Made a Costume Before: I've never actually created one myself as I'm not artistically talented enough to do that, nor do I have the materials or machines to do so sadly. But I've put together a few cosplays in the past that turned out okay.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? Nope, the 405th is my first one and I'm so thrilled to be here getting my feet wet!

Other: There isnt too much else to say for me here, but I hope that I can make some really awesome friends and have a great time cosplaying a game series that I hold so close to my heart. Halo is a big part of my life and now I'm here in one of the most legendary cosplay communities that I've heard about for years. I cant wait to get started.

Hi guys, just signed up for the forum so I figured I’d start here. I’m Oklahoma based.
First Name: Ryan. But I go by my last name which is Newby.
Profession: Just a simple man trying to make his way in the galaxy
Favorite Hobby: Cosplaying
Favorite part of Halo:
The memories I have as a kid playing Halo 2 with my mom. She didn’t understand how to play video games at all but she made the effort to spend time with me.
Favorite Halo: ODST
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim
Other Interests: Airsofting, Jeeping, long distance hiking
Favorite Food: my Sunday morning Ihop
Favorite Band: my music tastes changes frequently but one band I always go back to is Bolt Thrower
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, LotR, Brendan Fraser’s Mummy, all time favorite stand alone movie is Kelly’s Heroes
What do you hope to learn here?: Just looking for a Halo focused costume community and for some resources on my game accurate ODST I’m starting soon.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes. I have Mandalorian armor, Skyrim Guard, and I used to make costumes for theatre.
Do you belong to any other costume communities?: Yes. Mandalorian Mercs and 501st Legion recruit.
Other: I’ve wanted my own ODST armor since ODST came out. That was even before I knew what cosplay was. It’s been my dream costume since I officially started cosplaying in 2014. I currently run the Oklahoma clan for the Mandalorian Mercs and my Mandalorian armor has been my main focus since 2014. My current Mando is on version 6 and will be my final set so I can focus on other costumes like the ODST. I have a background in technical theatre that started in high school where I mainly did setwork and costumes for competitions. My other main hobby is airsofting which I’ve been doing since 2013, I mostly do milsim games across the US.

First Name: Trace

Profession? Student?: I am Currently working as a level 1 IT help desk agent.

Favorite Hobby: I love playing video games and table top games like Pathfinder

Favorite part of Halo: Honestly, I love the extended universe included in the books

Favorite Halo: My Favorite Halo would have to be Halo: Reach

Favorite Video Game: Oh dear god there are so many good ones.

Other Interests: Like I said above I am really into table top games like Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder

Favorite Food: If I could choose how I would die, it would be under a mountain of Crab Legs

Favorite Band: I am currently very into Fall Out Boy, and IDKHOWBUTTHEYFOUNDME

Favorite Movie(s): I love the marvel universe as well as the Star Wars movies

What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn how to build costumes

Have you built/made a costume before?: I have made simple costumes and cosplays, but I have never built anything complex before.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I do not!

Other: I look forward to joining this community and learning from all you wonderful people

First Name: Bryan
Profession: Engineering Tech/Strongman Athlete
Favorite Hobby: Lifting, and Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: Just playing the games with my Friends
Favorite Halo: Halo MCC
Favorite Video Game: Right now, a Bunch of old games Randomized. (Link to the Past, Metroid ex.)
Other Interests: Larp
Favorite Food: Chocolate
Favorite Band: Crush 40
Favorite Movie(s): Changes depending on mood. Currently Venom
What do you hope to learn here?: The techniques to make my own Spartan Armor
Have you built/made a costume before?: Most of my experience is in Leatherworking, and have done a couple cosplays

First Name: Bryan
Profession: Engineering Tech/Strongman Athlete
Favorite Hobby: Lifting, and Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: Just playing the games with my Friends
Favorite Halo: Halo MCC
Favorite Video Game: Right now, a Bunch of old games Randomized. (Link to the Past, Metroid ex.)
Other Interests: Larp
Favorite Food: Chocolate
Favorite Band: Crush 40
Favorite Movie(s): Changes depending on mood. Currently Venom
What do you hope to learn here?: The techniques to make my own Spartan Armor
Have you built/made a costume before?: Most of my experience is in Leatherworking, and have done a couple cosplays
OH HEY BUDDY! :D

Revenge Of The Sith Prequel GIF

First Name: Ian
Profession? Student?: College student...
Favorite Hobby: Definitely drawing!
Favorite part of Halo: Probably the armor from any of the games! The designs are just so awesome!
Favorite Halo: This one's hard but probably Reach.
Favorite Video Game: Besides Halo, probably Destiny... I know...
Other Interests: I do enjoy reading books, working out, playing the piano and collecting stuff like Legos or Mega Construx.
Favorite Food: Poke Bowls!
Favorite Band: I would have to go with Owl City.
Favorite Movie(s): Onward, War for the Planet of the Apes, and Coco!
What do you hope to learn here?: I'm hoping to build my first Halo armor especially since I'm getting into 3D printing!
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've attempted to make some helmets and armor but never completed them.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No, but I am interested in the Mandalorian Mercs and the 501st.
Other: Excited to be here! :D

Last edited:
First name: Joe
Profession? Student?: 8th grader
Favorite hobby: Playing video games making fantasy (or just any) building models
Favorite part of Halo: Story and custom games!
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 or 4
Favorite Game(s): Halo 3, Minecraft, Titanfall 2
Favorite Band: Don't really have a favorite as of right now
Favorite Movie(s): Spider-Man: into the Spider-Verse, Lion king, Sam Raimi Spider man
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make a good lookin costume
Have you built/ made a costume before?: if so, which one(s): I made a knight and samurai costume out of cardboard for halloween once other than that I made a bad clone trooper helmet out of cardboard and a crappy fallout new vegas ranger mask.
Do you belong to Amy other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: This is my first costume community! comunity

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back