Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
Dustin

I am a emergency medical technician

My favorite Hobbies are coslpaying , gaming and attending conventions

My favorite part of halo is the amazing stories

My favorite halo is ODST but don't tell halo2 that

My favorite video game is chrome hounds

My other interest vary quite a bit

Favorite food ... chicken wings

Favorite band..... sabaton

Favorite movie is starship troopers

I hope to learn more about the best methods of costume creation

I have pieced together multiple outfits including hunk from resident evil

I currently do not belong to any other communities.

First Name: James
Favorite Hobby: comic books
Favorite part of Halo: the story, nothing's changed there, lol
Favorite Halo: Halo 2
Favorite Video Game: Minecraft
Other Interests: comics, collecting, and anime
Favorite Food: kimchi ramen
Favorite Band: Imagine Dragons
Favorite Movie(s): too hard to say, I like so many things pretty equally
What do you hope to learn here?: Halo armor building, something I never got around to when I first joined the forums
Have you built/made a costume before?: a couple of times, but nothing on the level of armor
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nope
Other: I originally joined the forums years ago, but wasn't on here all that long. Life and some personal things got in the way. I figured it might be a good idea to reintroducemyself.

My excitement for Halo Infinite has brought me back. I know it's going to be a long process, but I'm hoping to finally try my hands at making an armor piece or two this year. I'm glad to see the forums are still around and people, both old and new, have continued to make great things here. The 3D printing stuff looks awesome.

Also, I've grown a lot as a person over the years, so I'm hoping I'll be able to integrate into the community here better than I would have a decade ago. I was kind of an arrogant little **** back then, lol.

Last edited:
First Name: Patrick
Profession? Student?: Police Officer
Favorite Hobby: Character brainstorming (Mostly for D&D)
Favorite part of Halo: Armour customization
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: I don't have a favourite, it depends on the mood that hits me. The ones I keep going back to are Arma 3, XCOM 2, and both the Halo and Titanfall franchise.
Other Interests: Dungeons & Dragons, dice collecting, Critical Role, bass guitar
Favorite Food: French toast
Favorite Band: The Heavy
Favorite Movie(s): Baby Driver, Fury, anything Monty Python.
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make semi-high quality costumes
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nada
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I have dipped my toe into the Mandalorian Mercs, but have never gone so far as to create anything more than a costume concept.
Other:

First Name: Jake but honestly online I always go by Whale or Whaley
Profession? Student?: Currently working in the warehouse industry
Favorite Hobby: Watching the Braves lose in baseball regardless of how much I love them
Favorite part of Halo: Random nights with my friends playing infected or swat
Favorite Video Game: Battlefield 3/4
Other Interests: Arts and Crafts, Games
Favorite Food: Pasta
Favorite Band: FIDLAR
Favorite Movie(s): Train to Busan
What do you hope to learn here?: EVA foam skills and techniques
Have you built/made a costume before?: Never, but my girlfriend does and I figured I’d get into it with one of my favorite games
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope, never really even thought of joining a community honestly.
Other: Never been apart of a group before seeing how I’ve never thought I could be good enough at what everyone else does so I didn’t bother. But I figured I’d watch tutorials on how to use Eva foam and make one of my favorite armors from halo and that’s the Anubis set.

First Name: Matthew
Profession? Student?: Twitch Streamer
Favorite Hobby: Writing and Video Games
Favorite part of Halo: Yes
Favorite Video Game: Halo: Reach
Other Interests: Cooking, Crafting (though nowhere near as good as most everyone here XD)
Favorite Food: Chicken Alfredo
Favorite Band: Don't have a favorite
Favorite Movie(s): Ready Player One
What do you hope to learn here?: Either to learn how to create outstanding armors or see creations by everyone else so that one day I may have the chance to build
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, but never the greatest, a Mandalorian armor and the NCR Ranger from Fallout: New Vegas
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Only my local cosplay group
Other:

First Name: Luke
Profession? Student?: Student / System admin
Favorite Hobby: Writing
Favorite part of Halo: Messing around with mates in multiplayer
Favorite Halo: Torn between ODST and 3
Favorite Video Game: Dragon Age Inquisition
Other Interests: Reading, playing some games and on the odd occasion doing little sketches
Favorite Food: Potato bake
Favorite Band: Barns Courtney
Favorite Movie(s): Lord of the Rings trilogy
What do you hope to learn here?: Looking to see the amazing builds, and get a few pointers myself on how to go about some parts!
Have you built/made a costume before?: Have made 2 simple costumes, Mad Max and Xur.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other: Currently pretty hyped for Infinite, so have start chipping away at an ODST build which is how I ended up here!

First Name: Evan
Profession? Student?: I have several degrees and work entirely too much
Favorite Hobby: Gaming, 3D printing, and Depressive spirals
Favorite part of Halo: Playing with the bois
Favorite Halo: Reach or ODST
Favorite Video Game: DOOM 2016 or Pokémon
Other Interests: All kinds of stuff but I'm not good at any of it haha
Favorite Food: Almost any kind of pasta
Favorite Band: Not sure TBH still figuring that one out, but I do enjoy some funky EDM or Trashstep
Favorite Movie(s): Uhhhhhhhh I'm terrible with movies haha
What do you hope to learn here?: Anything anyone is willing to teach me
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've spent maybe close to 400 hours at least but I'm never happy with how it comes out
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other: Howdy!

First Name: J
Profession? Student?: IT guy hoping to get big on YouTube
Favorite Hobby: airsoft/YouTube
Favorite part of Halo: the story telling
Favorite Halo: ODST
Favorite Video Game: Warzone
Other Interests: Game development
Favorite Food: Indian butter chicken
Favorite Band: Grandson
Favorite Movie(s): Star wars
What do you hope to learn here?: How to improve my costume
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yesish
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: 501st
Other:

Attachments

• IMG_20170222_083550~2.jpg
    IMG_20170222_083550~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I created a account back in high school better never used it till now
First Name: doug
Profession: geotech training to be a emergency response officer
Favorite Hobby: dnd
Favorite part of Halo: I love customising characters
Favorite Halo: reach
Favorite Video Game: kingdom hearts and halo
Other Interests:surfing, swimming, sleeping
Favorite Food: cob loaf
Favorite Band: foo fighters
Favorite Movie(s): Its actually clover field
What do you hope to learn here?: how to make a suit
Have you built/made a costume before?: I tryed
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nope
Other:

Hello, everyone.
First Name: Dan
Profession? Student?: Retail Worker
Favorite Hobby: Gaming and Warhammer
Favorite part of Halo: Spartan II & III programs
Favorite Video Game: Halo Reach
Other Interests: Warhammer, Drums, Airsoft Milsim
Favorite Food: Chicken Nuggets
Favorite Band: Malevolence (Sheffield UK)
Favorite Movie(s): Rogue One
What do you hope to learn here?: how to Prepare and paint Halo Helmets for Display to begin with.
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes I have a Star Wars the Clone Wars Season 4 Commander Fox (not fully finished due to injury)
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:Not yet
Other:
Thanks very much :D
Dan

First Name: Connor
Profession? Student?: Delivery Driver
Favourite Hobby: Driving (motorsport and road trips)
Favourite part of Halo: Armour Customisation
Favourite Halo(s): Halo Reach, Halo Wars

Other Interests:

Favourite Food: Fish n' Chips :D
Favourite Artist: Sigrid
Favourite Movie(s): Schindler's List, Interstellar, LoTR
What do you hope to learn here?: Where to get blueprints and digital assets from!
Have you built/made a costume before?: No.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: N/A
Other: That's all for now!

First Name: Jacob
Profession? Student?: Student
Favorite Hobby: building stuff. from props to well anything really. I just like to build stuff and learn new tricks and ways to build.
Favorite part of Halo: My best friend introducing me to the game and created our friendship
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: It would depend on the genre of game. each genre is unique in its own way
Other Interests: I enjoy singing. MTG, shooting at a range, exercise, Theatre work (I enjoy performing)
Favorite Food: I have to try all the food first haha
Favorite Band: I have one for each genre but Linkin Park, Falling in reverse are my go to bands.
Favorite Movie(s): so many to choose from that would be a long list and great reasons.
What do you hope to learn here?: More ways to build, how to 3d print and as much knowledge of prop making and tech as possible while having fun.
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes I made a weak Allmight. and working on a version of spartan armor now. I'm still a Greene though.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no but i would love to join one and work with, explore and share ideas.
Other: I want to learn something knew everyday. or at least try to. we all have the power to so why not try. then in turn spread the love and knowledge along to another and make the world better. spark and spread the joys of learning to others and make it fun and worth doing so we all can be a little smarter in the future.

Long time lurker even before I made an account,

First Name: Andrew
Profession? Student?: US Air Force / Sushi Server
Favorite Hobby: Building Cosplay. For a long time it was video games but painting really soothes my busy mind
Favorite part of Halo: The fond memories of beating all the Halo games with my brother
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Bloodborne
Other Interests: Exercise, MTG, dad jokes
Favorite Food: Cinderella Roll from Sushi Kaya in Las Vegas
Favorite Band: Baby Metal
Favorite Movie(s): Annihilation or Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith (Yes, Natalie Portman is my favorite actress but that has nothing to do with it I swear)
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to hone my skills for building things by hand and eventually become proficient at sewing so I can start a clothing line
Have you built/made a costume before?: Currently building my first costume, an ODST Medic
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No.
Other:

Thanks for hosting the community I've been looking for,

-BAG

Heyaa' everyone, been looking forward to this community for a while now! Guess I'll give my part in this.

First Name: Dwein (pronounced like Dwayne)

Profession? Student?: Both a student and unemployed as of now.

Favorite Hobby: Gaming

Favorite part of Halo: The Multiplayer, the soundtrack, the lore across everything.

Favorite Halo: Reach, upon having the best story for me, it includes my favorite multiplayer out of all of them, though I have my expectations set that Infinite will beat that.

Favorite Video Game: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate & Brawl, everything Halo and Metroid Prime

Other Interests: Wildlife Photography, Cosplay & Propmaking, Entomology & Herpetology, Drawing.

Favorite Food: Corned beef, clam chowder, cheddar cheese popcorn and chicken salad with coleslaw.

Favorite Band: I don't tend to listen to bands but I know a little that I tend to hear which would be Breaking Benjamin, The Cog Is Dead, etc.

Favorite Movie(s): Every Godzilla film Japanese and American, Spider-Man (2002), Transformers: Dark of The Moon, Avengers Endgame, The Lord of The Rings trilogy, Ready Player One, Monty Python and The Holy Grail, Jurassic Park 3 and Wreck-It Ralph.

What do you hope to learn here: Hoping to learn at least some parts of prop making Halo weapons and armor with EVA foam and make my own spartan gear.

Have you built/made a costume before?: I can give you a half yes and no to that. I have made shoulder armor before and completed full leg armor of that of Samus Aran from Metroid. And back when I started cosplay I made a muscular Venom arm from that Spider-Man villain out of paper. That last one was pretty primitive craft work but still impressive I would say.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not exactly like this one but just a cosplay group on Facebook revolving around Metroid, called "Metroid Cosplay: The Samus Squad".

Other: for those of you who are also Metroid fans, my profile picture is my Halo 5 armor with Wetwork helmet under customization to look like Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters, Prime 4 redesign would be where I'll cosplay him :)

First Name: Hector
Profession: Food Courier
Favorite Hobby: Shooting
Favorite part of Halo: Campaign
Favorite Halo: Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo: Reach
Other Interests: Bionicle, XCOM, Mass Effect
Favorite Food: Bean and cheese burrito
Favorite Band: City and Colour
Favorite Movie(s): We Were Soldiers
What do you hope to learn here?: Whatever I can, really! I'm down for any knowledge that is available.
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other: U.S. Army veteran (25C: Radio Operator/Maintainer)

Hi!

First Name: Michael
Profession? Student?: Accounting
Favorite Hobby: 40K
Favorite part of Halo: Team Slayer (You'd have to carry me. I have potato aim)
Favorite Halo: Halo3
Favorite Video Game: FF7R
Other Interests: Cooking, Golf, Cosplay
Favorite Food: Beef
Favorite Band: Lindsey Sterling, Yoko Kanno, Utada Hikaru
Favorite Movie(s): Robot Jox, American Psycho, Macross Plus
What do you hope to learn here?: Where are the meetups
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, Ashitaka and Goblin Slayer
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Kamui's Cosplay Community (facebook group)
Other: Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 184822562_935564377254192_8965509417775122110_n.jpg
    184822562_935564377254192_8965509417775122110_n.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 94
Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Oth

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
Name? Elias (EE-lie-as)
Profession? I am currently a student and am unemployed, but with hopes of starting my own prop/ costume business.
Favorite hobby? I love making props for people and really just cosplaying in general.
Favorite part of halo? Playing halo with my friends and family over the years and watching the franchise grow.
Favorite halo? Halo: Reach/ Halo 2
Favorite video game? Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Other interests? I love hiking, nature and everything associated with the outdoors. Also 3d printing is fun.
Favorite food? Good ol' fashioned steak and potatoes.
Favorite band? The HU.
Favorite movie(s)? Dances With Wolves/ Lord Of The Rings/ the Hobbit.
What do you hope to learn here? I hope to learn how to hone my skills as a costume/ prop maker, as wel as meet some new people along the way.
Have you built/ made a costume before? Yes, and i continue to do so.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? No.
Other: I'm a huge star wars fan as well as a halo fan, i've been making costumes for 4 years, and plan to do so for a long time.

First Name: James
Profession: Work sucks, lets not talk about it.
Favorite Hobby: Currently 3D printing, but making things in general
Favorite part of Halo: LAN party sleepovers, and all night CTF matches in Halo 1. One of our friends liked to make pizza from scratch, great times!
Favorite Video Game: Ark: Survival Evolved
Other Interests: Writing, Video editing
Favorite Food: Milkshakes
Favorite Band: Mudvayne
Favorite Movie(s): Shoot 'em Up, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Memento, The Jerk, The Naked Gun (series)

What do you hope to learn here?: I just want to make stuff, and armor is a cool thing to make! I'm just hoping to learn interesting and fun processes that everyone else is enjoying.

Have you built/made a costume before?: I'm currently building a Doom 2016 Praetor Suit (thread here!). I also made a paper-mache brain slug from Futurama one time that had LEDs in its antenna. I gave it away to a very nice girl who gave me a ride home from a Halloween party. I never saw her or the slug again, and regret it to this day.

First name- Ethan
I process fish, I'm 23 going on 24 favorite hobby is 3D Printing mostly cosplay pieces but I'm still new to that. My favorite part of halo would be the character development throughout the game especially with my favorite game out of the series which was reach.

my favorite games are Halo, GTAV, F1 2020 and many others I've lost track of. i currently enjoy a good breakfast wrap from my favorite coffee shop Tim Hortons! Favorite band would be Alestorm and favorite movie is either star wars or star trek, I'm torn between the two.

My hope with joining this community is to learn the process of finishing a helmet with paints and the visors. and build my collection of helmets until I can make my own armor set of Noble 5. this is my first costume community I've ever joined but I'm exited to see where it takes me!

First Name: Reece
Profession?: Technician
Favorite Hobby: Gaming/DnD
Favorite part of Halo: All of it, it is a masterpiece
Favorite Halo: Reach/Halo CE
Favorite Video Game: OOof um a few of em? Warframe, Halo MCC, Killing floor, ror2 etc
Other Interests: Resin/Silicone casting
Favorite Food: Pizza, Garlic bread, a bloody good burger.
Favorite Band: I'm a mixed bag with music, but if my arm was twisted Puscifer, APC, Tool
Favorite Movie(s): Big fish
What do you hope to learn here?: Making Armour and using my resin and tech skills to make cool armour.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Kind of? only small pieces. (done chainmail)
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None.
Other:

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back