Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
Hi all! My name is Dave, but I go by "Tisch". I live in Valdosta, GA.
I am retired military (Army and Air Force), and currently work as an Air Force Civilian.
I am 48 years old and love costuming. I love building costumes, but love wearing them more.
I am not a gamer at all, but I do love Master Chief. I love the Halo 4 armor.
I love love love everything Star Wars.
I love seafood.
Kiss is my favorite band.
My favorite Star Wars movie is Revenge of the Sith, but I love The Clone Wars series.
I have made dozens of costumes, mostly Star Wars. I am very good/experienced with EVA foam and ABS plastic building.
I belong to 501st, Rebel Legion, and Imperial Outlanders.
Looking forward to cosplaying as Master Chief!

First Name:
Profession: College kid
Favorite Hobby: hanging with friends
Favorite part of Halo: the community
Favorite Halo: reach or CE
Favorite Video Game: Minecraft?
Other Interests: medicine
Favorite Food: Ham and cheese sliders
Favorite Band: Black keys?
Favorite Movie(s): Pacific rim
What do you hope to learn here?: how to build a costume
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes, but it was a simple TF2 costume
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nope
Other: plans? Make an ODST suit by f-ing around and finding out. Maybe make full suit of Mjolnir, if it turns out well/ I decide to

First Name: Marco but I go by Alejandro Call me what ever makes anyone comfortable
Profession? Student?: None High School done
Favorite Hobby: Arts and Crafts & Sawing
Favorite part of Halo: Multiplayer and Campaign
Favorite Halo: Combat Evolved
Favorite Video Game: HALO
Other Interests: Learning to play guitar and 3D printing
Favorite Food: Anything that doesn't have corn or olives
Favorite Band: Don't have one
Favorite Movie(s): Halo Legends and Forward onto dawn
What do you hope to learn here?: Better myself on costume making and help others
Other:

Last edited:
First Name: Ben
Profession? Student?: Performance, Reporting & Insights Manager for Tellecomms
Favorite Hobby: Gaming (any kind of video games on any platform)
Favorite part of Halo: The original will always hold that special place for me, i had purchased an xbox and only halo and fell in love with it! i later bought Halo on PC and played the first online version of it and i was hooked! so my favourite part was playing multiplayer on Blood Gulch and Ice Fields.
Favorite Halo: Halo: Combat Evolved
Other Interests: Sci Fi Model Making form Gundam to Starwars
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Movie(s): Starwars & Matrix if i had to name any
What do you hope to learn here?: How to build my first spartan suit
Have you built/made a costume before?: not built a costume yet but have always wanted to!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not so much costume communities but i have a tendancy to look like a viking and go into schools to talk about Norse culture.

First Name: Gwen!
Profession? Student?: I work at the mall, but I am an Education major college student
Favorite Hobby: Watching Youtube
Favorite part of Halo: The Story of Chief and Cortana
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 or 4
Favorite Video Game: Halo or Harvest Moon
Other Interests: Anime, Cosplay, Star Wars, Dragonball
Favorite Food: Pastas
Favorite Band: I don't have a fav band, I love EDM and Nightcore covers
Favorite Movie(s): Super Broly Movie, Speed Racer Movie (2008), Promare
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn how to improve my armor making ability and being able to talk to other people who love Halo!
Have you built/made a costume before?: I am actually in the process of building my first suit, a Halo 3 Marine Medic
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: NA

(This is my Cortana from Megacon this year!)
IMG_2226.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure if I posted in the new Sequel but here it is. I also opted to include my new location. Picture is latest Pic of my armor at Twin Cities Comic Con last year.

Jeff. I live in State College, PA
Radio Meteorologist, Accuweather HQ
Favorite Hobby: Flying my DJI Mavic 2 air drone. Wearing my armor to events.
Favorite part of Halo: Is it okay to say everything? If I had to pick one, it's the community including the cosplaying/armoring community.
Favorite Halo: Hmmmm Halo 3 I would say. Close second is Reach.
Favorite Video Game: Halo and Diablo 2 Resurrected are favs. Others I play include: Fallout series, Racing games, Call of Duty.
Other Interests: Bowling, Pickleball, Tennis, camping, hiking, swimming.
Favorite Food: Lasagna, 100%. Close second would be Jucy Lucy.
Favorite Band: Too many. If I have to pick one: Hootie and the Blowfish. Top 5 after Hootie: Collective Soul, Train, Matchbox 20, Maroon 5 (more specific Adam Levine), Phil Collins.
Favorite Movie(s): The Nightmare before Christmas. Know almost every song.
What do you hope to learn here?: I don't know if learning how to make armor is my goal. I just love to wear it and become my favorite Spartan from various Halos.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Never built nor made. Have one that was made for someone else, he gave it to me and I adjusted and fixed it up for me to use.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? None. Looking into 501st.
Other: Ask and you shall find out. I am an open book. All you have to do: is ask. :)

Attachments

• TC Comic Con Me.jpg
    TC Comic Con Me.jpg
    882.1 KB · Views: 87
Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
First Name: Julius
Profession? Student?: Student
Favorite Hobby: Doing stuff on Blender
Favorite part of Halo: final level in Halo 3, escaping the end of the world
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Half Life 2
Other Interests: music, making stuff
Favorite Food: A rack of BBQ ribs and sweet potato fries
Favorite Band: Muse
Favorite Movie(s): Deadpool 1 and 2
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make my own Spartan Amour, accessories... pretty much everything
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other: I can do half a backflip, still need to get the flipping part down... my neck hurts

First Name: Key! I also tend to go by Southie in forums like this; either works!
Profession? Student?: just an essential worker atm, not in school!
Favorite Hobby: art and gaming, even though those are pretty stale answers lol
Favorite part of Halo: admittedly, I'm a smidge new to halo, but the little things in multiplayer games across all platforms are the best for me. Crouching at people across the map, declaring vengeance on your teammate then dying two seconds later.... I love in game shenanigans
Favorite Halo: I've only played a couple so far, but Reach was the first and I'll never get tired of it. Gorgeous game
Favorite Video Game: all time favorite?? Pokemon Pearl; It was my very first game. Right now I'm switching between Pokemon Arceus and Halo Infinite!
Other Interests: other popular games like minecraft and DBD, even if i havent gotten to play the latter very often. I'm also a pretty standard anime fan, and I've fallen in love with some of Netflix's animation series, such as Castlevania and Love Death + Robots.
Favorite Food: I think I would die for any alfredo+chicken pasta at any given moment
Favorite Band: Mother Mother, Muse, a couple of other small artists here and there!
Favorite Movie(s): I'm a sucker for old 2D movies. Treasure Planet, El Dorado, Titan A.E, etc
What do you hope to learn here?: i want to learn how to cut and shape my own foam armor! Im angling to fill in the red vs blue category in here a little more >: )
Have you built/made a costume before?: not anything with things like EVA foam! I'm more experienced with general costume making and wig styling
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nope, just this one!
Other: I'm almost always on mobile, which seems to always work against me, so I'm sorry if any replies tend to be late! But I'm here to learn and try my best B)!

First Name: lee
Profession? Student?: supervisor
Favorite Hobby: cars
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo: the TV serious
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests: Leatherwork, cosplay
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?: history of Halo, knowledge of spartans
Have you built/made a costume before?: built 2 clone troopers and a predator, building another pred and a mandalorian.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: bounty hunters guild

I am a minority in the fact that I loved the tv series. It actually got me interested in the Halo story. I played the original a long time ago, but never got into it. Looking to build a suit from the tv series.

Hey everybody! I’ve been making/finishing helmets and armor pieces for over a year, I’ve been on the 405th Facebook page for a while posting there. I’ve been into prop making since I was a kid, I’m finally doing it now as an adult. I was attempting to join the 405th pacific page and was put on hold until I’ve completed 90days and 50posts here. So now I’m taking the time to figure this site out.

First Name: Reece
Profession: Marine Veteran (disability pays lol)/stay at home dad, no longer a student.
Favorite Hobby: I’ve got too many
Favorite part of Halo: the armor and space
Favorite Halo: It’s a tie between Reach and ODST
Favorite Video Game: that’s tough
Other Interests: Rally & Rallycross, gaming, shooting, prop making for Star Wars
Favorite Food: chicken parm
Favorite Band: don’t have one
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, fast and furious, basically all the marvel movies
What do you hope to learn here?: how to get into prop making, I’d like to make it a job.
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I do not

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
Hi all super glad to finally be here!
First name: Giovanni
Currently a student majoring in photography and videography!
Currently 19
At the moment I would say my favorite hobby is building gunpla, cars, or video games!
I love the gun play of halo but also love standoffs when they happen!
My favorite halo has to be halo reach and halo 2 ( also infinite)
I have to say my favorite video games are The Last of us, the Halo franchise, and Gran Turismo!
I also like creating things in general so never I get a chance I always like to take my camera anywhere and love and making custom versions of halo armor!
I listen to a lot of different music but currently I’m in love with Bring me to the Horizon, KLOUD, and Eurobeat lmao
I love the most horror films but in particular the shining and I also love the John Wick franchise!
I hope that I can learn general tips and tricks on making my first cosplay armor! Generally I want to try things on my own but some people make amazing armor and it really inspires me to make my first set! Currently planning on making a Mark Seven Mjolnir armor!
I haven’t made a costume before unfortunately, so hopefully I can change that soon! I do have experience building model kits and repainting weapons and props of the such though!
And this is the only community and dedicated to cosplaying because halo is so awesome and so is the armor!

First Name: you can call me crow! (he/him)
Student?: i have to go to college next year 0-0
Favorite Hobby: playing D&D (at the moment, i'm playing a kenku necromancer!)
Favorite part of Halo: the final mission of Reach, i felt so gutted, in the best way possible
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: it's a tie between Project Diva: Future Tone and Project Diva X
Other Interests: art
Favorite Food: microwave lasagne- it's so good and so easy, perfect for late nights in the studio
Favorite Band: MCR
Favorite Movie(s): I don't really watch movies, but my favourite shows are definitely Legend of Vox Machina and Red vs. Blue- RvB got me through early highschool and is the reason i discovered Halo as a whole!
What do you hope to learn here?: i'm hoping to make a Caboose cosplay for a convention in july, but there's no way i can pull that off without help
Have you built/made a costume before?: i mean, i cosplayed sailor moon once back in 2018, does that count?
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nope!
Other: i'm autistic and i find it really hard to read tone, especially over text, so if you could be blunt or use tonetags i'd really appreciate it! i look forward to meeting you guys :)

First Name: you can call me crow! (he/him)
Student?: i have to go to college next year 0-0
Favorite Hobby: playing D&D (at the moment, i'm playing a kenku necromancer!)
Favorite part of Halo: the final mission of Reach, i felt so gutted, in the best way possible
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: it's a tie between Project Diva: Future Tone and Project Diva X
Other Interests: art
Favorite Food: microwave lasagne- it's so good and so easy, perfect for late nights in the studio
Favorite Band: MCR
Favorite Movie(s): I don't really watch movies, but my favourite shows are definitely Legend of Vox Machina and Red vs. Blue- RvB got me through early highschool and is the reason i discovered Halo as a whole!
What do you hope to learn here?: i'm hoping to make a Caboose cosplay for a convention in july, but there's no way i can pull that off without help
Have you built/made a costume before?: i mean, i cosplayed sailor moon once back in 2018, does that count?
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nope!
Other: i'm autistic and i find it really hard to read tone, especially over text, so if you could be blunt or use tonetags i'd really appreciate it! i look forward to meeting you guys :)
Angus314 we have another Vocaloid gamer friend!

Hello everyone,
I’m back after like 4 or 5 years after deleting my first account. Because of how toxic some of the members were. Back to square 1 with posting. Thanks to the guys that are at thygeekdomcon for explaining how the community has changed. Specifically would like to thank Harri51
First Name: Matt
Profession: Security
Favorite Hobbies: shooting, Airsoft, video games, and prop/armor making
Favorite part of Halo: custom games and co-op
Favorite Halo: Halo 2
Favorite Video Game: StarFox Adventures
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Movie(s): Spirited Away
What do you hope to learn here?: How to get better at making things. Reconnect with members
Have you built/made a costume before?: ODST armor. Most recently I made the Goblin Slayer armor.

First Name: Renaud
Profession? Student?: Paramedic / Emergency medical dispatcher
Favorite Hobby: photography
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: ghost recon series
Other Interests: cooking, 3d printing, wood working
Favorite Food: thaï
What do you hope to learn here?: More about the props and cospay
Have you built/made a costume before?: Never
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
Logan
Junior in High School
Reading and watching Anime
I love how bad ass master chief is
Favorite halo would be Reach
Call of Duty Warzone
N/a
Ramen
Five Finger Death Punch
Red Tails
I hope to learn what a Spartans life would be like
I have only made oc costumes from Naruto
No

First Name: Robert
Profession? Student?: Engineer
Favorite Hobby: Axe Throwing
Favorite part of Halo: Campaign
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Fora/Forza Horizon Series
Other Interests: Gundam Building, Reading, Cosplay
Favorite Food: Cheeseburger
Favorite Band: Brothers of Metal
Favorite Movie(s): Fast and Furious
What do you hope to learn here?: How to build a full cosplay suit
Have you built/made a costume before?: only sewing stuff
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: N/A
Other: Looking to bring in my wife once I build my first suit.

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
My name is Archie, but for all my cosplay/gaming stuff I go by my Gamertag, Storak The Vast.
I am a Lab Tech at AMF bowling.
Model/Prop making is my favorite hobby.
The lore is my favorite part of Halo.
Halo 2 is my favorite by far.
Apex Legends is my current favorite, but Halo 2 is my all time favorite.
Paintball is another interest of mine.
Steak is easily my favorite food.
Luke Combs is currently my favorite music artist.
Deadpool 2 is my favorite movie.
I hope to learn tips about making my MJOLNIR armor set(s).
My Mirage (Apex Legends) Cosplay is my first one I've made. Attached image below
NA
I have many other cosplays in the works, including Issac from Dead Space and a Mandalorian version of Sokka from Avatar the Last Airbender.

Attachments

• Mirage Cosplay (2).jpg
    Mirage Cosplay (2).jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 77
First Name: Rocco
Profession? QC tech
Favorite Hobby: gaming
Favorite part of Halo: lore
Favorite Halo: Infinite
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: Guns
Favorite Food: chinese
Favorite Band: Nirvana
Favorite Movie(s): 28 days later
What do you hope to learn here?: cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes but very easy to make ones.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no
Other:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back