Iraq Veterans Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanguiniusBlood

hey im just finishing my tour in Iraq now, looking forawrd to all the BS that is redeploying back home and i find my self woundering if there is any one else as crazy as me on this page. so hey if any of you guys served in bagdhad, or out in the country side some were hit me up on this thing.

im not here to answer questions on the war, to give insider news or any other bull, just to talk and see if any other guys have been over and back. so see you guys on the bounce.

Glad to hear you are coming home, I have a few tours under my belt in Iraq, Desert Storm, 2003-2004, 2005-2006, and 2007-2009 (with Ithica), I'm glad another Service Member has made it trought the "Suck" and is heading home. We have lost too many Brothers and Sisters from every branch of the U.S Armed Forces and Civilians both DoD and contractors ISO OIF and OEF. When you get back let me know and we will have a drink for all who have fought and fallen and those that are still in the good fight.

MSG Towanga R. Dyson

Aco 5th PSYOP BN

FT Bragg NC

My link

You guys are crazy, but i want to thank you and everyone else who has served in the military, protecting our country.

What you people do is amazing and again, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Oh and maybe an explination of what the acronyms mean would be nice :p

To anybody who has served in our armed forces: I'd like to personally thank you for choosing to serve our country.

Thank you very much and God Bless!

My husband is currently over there (Kite-Levinas on here) in iraq. he'll be home in early december sometime. can't really give out that info. i'll be enlisting at some point this next year (unless things get worse with Obama 9_9;; ) so who knows, i may end up either over there or afghan at some time or another *shrugs*

thanks to everyone that has served there time in the military as well as on deployments, whether one or a dozen.

Pilot92 said:
You guys are crazy, but i want to thank you and everyone else who has served in the military, protecting our country.

What you people do is amazing and again, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Oh and maybe an explination of what the acronyms mean would be nice :p

No thanks are necessary we chose to put ourselves in harm’s way for we believe is right and freedom and our way of life.

MY THANKS goes out to all our families and all the military supporters, giving all their time and energy taking care of our children, themselves, and things that we take for granted, what they do enable us to do our job and focus on the mission, without them and support from the American people we could not do our job.

THANK YOU ALL

ISO= in support of

OIF=Operation Iraqi Freedom

OEF=Operation Enduring Freedom

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey T,

Deployments are like certain lotions....just a dab will do...hahahahahaha. Ok sorry for the inside joke. Maybe I will share the story one day. Iraq 3 tours and Kosovo 1 and I'm looking at another in the next year.

Ithica

Ithica said:
Hey T,

Deployments are like certain lotions....just a dab will do...hahahahahaha. Ok sorry for the inside joke. Maybe I will share the story one day. Iraq 3 tours and Kosovo 1 and I'm looking at another in the next year.

Ithica

No fricking way!!!! are you still with 4ID?

hey, looking foward to home, glad all you guys made it back in one piece. ill hit you all up when i drop back in, would like to see some brothers when i hit the ground back home.

hey like it was said, you dont need to thank us. we dint sign up for the thanks or any thing else. but thank you for all your support.

do any of you guys ride? was looking into getting a bike when i get back but got orders to head to germany. cheaper to get it there or here?

also for the OIF guys were did you guys serve? i was origanly in bagdhad, then movied out to the country side.

Ithica man hope you stay safe when you hit ground this side of the world.

Hey there, Afghanistan once and Iraq three times... Had a blast, but that happens when you work with demolitions. I was out and done for good as of June of this year (not completely by choice). Good times, but it was a long seven years.

Mal

The Doctor said:
Glad to hear you are coming home, I have a few tours under my belt in Iraq, Desert Storm, 2003-2004, 2005-2006, and 2007-2009 (with Ithica), I'm glad another Service Member has made it trought the "Suck" and is heading home. We have lost too many Brothers and Sisters from every branch of the U.S Armed Forces and Civilians both DoD and contractors ISO OIF and OEF. When you get back let me know and we will have a drink for all who have fought and fallen and those that are still in the good fight.

MSG Towanga R. Dyson

Aco 5th PSYOP BN

FT Bragg NC

My link

You and Dave served together? Kewl. It's kinda neat to see that some of our enlisted members have served some time together. Makes things a little more close-knit here, imho :cool

Malechei said:
Hey there, Afghanistan once and Iraq three times... Had a blast, but that happens when you work with demolitions. I was out and done for good as of June of this year (not completely by choice). Good times, but it was a long seven years.

Mal

LMAO! :lol Classic, buddy.

Ithica said:
I am now with 582 with the big horsey...lol

I thought you'd been reassigned state-side? You're not shipping out again, are you? :unsure

Personally, I don't know how you guys do it. I mean, enlisting in the Armed Forces and never being shipped overseas to those "troubled" areas is one thing. To actually go over there and having to face that sort of adversity, with the possibility of coming back alive not a definate certainty... kudos to you gents *bows*

I thought you'd been reassigned state-side? You're not shipping out again, are you? :unsure

Personally, I don't know how you guys do it. I mean, enlisting in the Armed Forces and never being shipped overseas to those "troubled" areas is one thing. To actually go over there and having to face that sort of adversity, with the possibility of coming back alive not a definate certainty... kudos to you gents *bows*

Like Elvis (spartan II folks, :) ) said, kudos to all our soldiers enlisted in our military. I'm an Army brat, and have live around the military all my life. My dad's a retired soldier and my older brother is a still an active soldier. That being said, I have heard all kinds of stories that our soldiers go through, and I just want to say that I'm proud of those who serve our country.

And Ithica, sounds like you have to go and do another tour next year(?). If so, please watch your @$$ Dave, and for anyone else shipping out...

pooper said:
Like Elvis (spartan II folks, :) ) said, kudos to all our soldiers enlisted in our military. I'm an Army brat, and have live around the military all my life. My dad's a retired soldier and my older brother is a still an active soldier. That being said, I have heard all kinds of stories that our soldiers go through, and I just want to say that I'm proud of those who serve our country.

And Ithica, sounds like you have to go and do another tour next year(?). If so, please watch your @$$ Dave, and for anyone else shipping out...

Or in other words, "watch your six" fellas ;)

I just like to take the moment here to say to all of you who have served, (Including my Dad. Iraq 2004-2005.) God Bless you all!

Shade said:
I just like to take the moment here to say to all of you who have served, (Including my Dad. Iraq 2004-2005.) God Bless you all!

no need for thanks man, but thanks for your support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back