Iron Man Boot Soles Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobodysktr

I am working on an Ironman suit and so far I have the helmet , chestpiece and forearm pieces pepped out. The question that came to me not too long ago was "How should I do the boots to this armor?" I could just do the outsides and attach it to a pair of boots. However, The idea of making the boots completely is much more appealing to me. So my question is. What would be the best method to use to create the soles of the boots. Would it be possible to Pep and harden the pepakura file I have for the boots and then create a mold for the bottom and cast some rubber soles for them? OR Where could I purchasesome rubber that I could cut the soles out of? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

TLDR: Want to make the boots for my Ironman armor. How do I do it?

Also Pic for referrence.
20101111181328-d279004f.jpg

You're best bet would be to pep out the part of the boot that you're foot is going to go into, harden it like usual, and put some soft foam in the bottom, and then make the soles out of that foam used in foam armoring.

You're best bet would be to pep out the part of the boot that you're foot is going to go into, harden it like usual, and put some soft foam in the bottom, and then make the soles out of that foam used in foam armoring.

I've the same problem. I don't understand, you mean to sculpt them in the foam or pep out the soles, hardend and fill them of foam?
Thanks!

hey guys, what a good question. what i did was pep'd/fiberglassed/rondoed as usual. next filled the soles of the toe and heel with smooth cast the applyed the paint. after that i purchased rubber bumpers for lowes or home depot and placed them on the bottom to prevent scratching. these are found in the section that you find the casters and rubber feet to protect wood flooring. btw what files are you using for the boots? i'd like a copy if thats possible. tnx

You can always use the spray on rubber that I think is used for truck bed liners.. That would hold up well on the sole of a shoe and also give you traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back