Iron Man Files High And Medium Def.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou so much for helping out Juice this project had come to a sudden halt till you stepped in I cant thankyou enough

I'll put up the Arms ASAP I think thats the last parts to go up isn't it?

I'll just put them up in the thread though instead of editing the 1st page all the time.

1st page will be for fixed parts only for now.

on it checking now ....not my link just copied and pasted ....I'll see if I copied it correctly or if I have the file downloaded.

Fixed. was a wierd one... would download ok from the original link. I replaced it with my link to it...its the same file just different link.

Right Bicep and Elbow Medium Detail Open faces need closing.

http://www.4shared.com/file/201078990/f5e3f71b/Bicep_and_elbow.html

Right Gauntlet and Hand plate Open Faces need Closing

http://www.4shared.com/file/201081483/8271dce8/Gauntlet_Medium_Detail.html

Right Shoulder Bell needs unfolding now on page 1

Right hand on page 1 needs unfolding.

I'm going to give this a bit of time and if the files that are currently up that just need unfolding are not uploaded here then I will unfold them all and upload for those of you that can not unfold.

So please dont be worry if you are watching this thread all the files will eventually be unfolded for you.

On another note The HD file is now out there and people have been downloading it I just hope that whoever has downloaded it will come forward and offer to help with this 405th project

For those of you that do not know you need 3ds Max 2010 to open it ...if you cant open it and you need it in a different format please say so and I will attempt to convert it into a file that you can use.

I'm here to help where I can so please speak up.

@juice: great work on closing edges and adding supports. looks really good!!

@carnage: I've got a couple of the Med. Def. files working on the unfold. However, I'm sure a lot of people are wanting to get them unfolded. If you like, I would love to take a stab at unfolding the HD version. As I'm sure you know, Pepakura Designer will not open a .max file. Would it be possible to convert it to a .3ds or .obj file? If you could convert it, that is the contribution I would like to make to this project. If you don't want to post the file link, shoot me a pm, and I can give you my e-mail address. Let me know man!!

Again, great work by everyone who is working so hard to get this model out there for people!!

-Matt

Mks81

The Hd version is not ready yet for the pepakura programme it has to many faces most of the parts have a front and a back piece to them as well as the mesh needing editing

It would be to hard to get a decent unfold from this at the moment let alone a decent build.

Thats the only reason its not been released yet as a .obj or a .pdo file yet.

As you know someone was working on this for us but is awol at the moment ...hopefully we will hear something soon.

As soon as I hear anything I will update you all.

Guys I've been playing about with my software and I cant promise anything but I may be able to get you the HD files up shortly ...with no open edges ....if there is any there will only be a few

All that should be needed is supports adding then unfolding just give me a bit of time I'm working as fast as I can .....just trying to test it out in pepakura ...but it keeps freezing ..but I'm getting there.

May have to split the parts down even more than I've already done in pep...but I'm still experimenting.

OK I think its working here's where I am so far with the build

This is the HD files and if I'm right all the pieces should join together easily if not then hey atleast you still have a peppable HD version ..here's where I am so far ... I will keep removing faces and merging as I go.

Also when unfolding ..if you go to the 3d object list all the parts will be there so you can just select what part you want to work on ...these parts will all be named properly to make things easier ...here's a pic of my progess so far

Torsopic.jpg

Sounds like a plan carnage. I will continue to watch until you see fit for it to be ready. Great work on it so far.

Dont thank me just yet I'm still experimenting with all this ...some of the parts are ok I guess.

Its kind of hard to explain but at the moment where I'm at now is when you unfold you only need the top faces really but bottom faces you can leave out ow I dunno ...

I'm still trying though to get rid of some other faces I didn't spot I got excited thinking I'd cracked it.

I have made some progress but not as much as I thought. I manage to lower the file size so pep wont crash and get rid of most of the open edges.

and now (Franticly looking around with big puppy dog eyes for a modeler that knows what they are doing).

I guess the only real way to show you whats up is to put up some files and let you take a look at them in pepakura

I'll edit this post with some files ....just remember these are only for you to take a look at.. not the finished deal

So if you download them just bare this in mind...I'm just trying to keep everyone informed as best I can.

And before everyone starts pointing fingers and name calling just remember I said from the start I'm no 3d modeler I'm just hitting buttons and wondering what will happen.

HD Torso with partly done Shoulders I've not attached all the parts yet as this is just a preview

http://www.4shared.com/file/201458160/9d39ab1a/Torso_HD_with_shoulders.html

Shoulder Bell

http://www.4shared.com/file/201463391/fe83aefc/Bell_TEST_Merged.html

I'm getting there I think I may have found away to remove the faces ...I'll post my progress asap just working on the Shoulder Bell now

Hey carnage I finished unfolding the med thighs in pep 2 I don't have Internet at home and I don't upload stuff to sharing sites so if you like I can send you the file later when I get to a connection for you too upload to this thread sent me your email to tim405th@yahoo.com, also I adjusted the tab sizes on the cirlce things so that it will go together better

edit one more thing I would like to lay it out for a 6 foot person what would you recommend on the height currently it's at 44.cm

Honestly Timecon I have no idea mate I was just going to do it the old fashioned way and measure myself straight up and down when I get round to building it

Thanks for taking the time to help out though Timecon I'll send you my email addy in a little bit just wrestling with 3ds at the moment.

I just finished the med thighs in pep 3. I separated the right from the left into different files. The left is really just the right, but already flipped for you. I didn't feel like doubling the work. ;) As with all my latest unfolds, black fold lines = mountain folds, green = valley, gray = flat. I also didn't include one of the rings that was intersecting the model inside that wasn't visible from the outside anyway. Hope that wasn't important. :rolleyes

Iron Man - Med Def - Thigh Left (flipped) - Unfolded by MrOreo123 v2.pdo

Iron Man - Med Def - Thigh Right - Unfolded by MrOreo123 v2.pdo

P.S.

I have no idea for the scale either. I just matched the scaling factor (165.44) for one of the files already released.

SWEET thankyou

Ok after playing around with the HD version of the Shoulder Bell then exporting it to pepakura there is not really much difference between that and the HD version so I'm going to leave the Shoulders as Medium Detail since they are already up.

Currenly looking at the back panels of the torso I deleted some faces and now I want to know just how HD you want to go

Here's a pic of it seperated

Leftback.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back