Iron Man Helmet...cause We Need More Of These

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drgnfyre4

So I tried my hand at assembling a pep Iron Man helmet. Really happy with how it turned out.

ironman1.jpg

ironman2.jpg

Drgnfyre4 said:
Did it over the course of three movies, so about 6 or so hours. All the parts were cut out the night before.

This is a really brilliant pep version of the mask, probably the best I've seen. Please let me know how I can obtain this pep file as I would like to try and build this. I have never done anything like this before and would like to have a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the face plate taped in to the rest of the helmet?

Do you plan to make it movable like in the movie?

BTW very nice pep job... Better than my attempt :)

Got the file from Supermanextreme1's very well organized thread. This one was my practice one to get familiar with the pep build. Doing a cleaner less rushed one next week that will get the full treatment. Planning on at least doing the simple curved hinge that I have seen recommended in other threads and detachable front jaw held in place with high powered magnets so the helmet size can stay snug and not rely on the neck opening.

Drgnfyre4 said:
Planning on at least doing the simple curved hinge that I have seen recommended in other threads and detachable front jaw held in place with high powered magnets so the helmet size can stay snug and not rely on the neck opening.

I'm undecided on how to work this on mine, I don't really want to do the hinged back. I am toying with the idea of a removeable jaw, but we'll see when I get this damn filler stage finished.

Drgnfyre4 said:
Planning on at least doing the simple curved hinge that I have seen recommended in other threads and detachable front jaw held in place with high powered magnets so the helmet size can stay snug and not rely on the neck opening.

yeah, i would like to hear more about this!

Looks great man, nice clean folds. But, keep in mind, in the new movie the jaw of the helmet doesn't move. That just makes it easier for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back