Iron Man Mark 6 Hd Pepakura Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
sharkhead7854 said:
Actually the chest piece shouldn't need a size tester. The way I modeled it, it's high-def low poly, if that makes sense. It should be easy for Dubean to unfold it in a way that takes very few pieces.

That should be easy! Usually chest pieces are a pain in the ass cause of the amount of detail on them. So I'll be excited to check it out. Now then.....juuuuuust gotta drop maybe 80 pounds....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hikuro said:
That should be easy! Usually chest pieces are a pain in the ass cause of the amount of detail on them. So I'll be excited to check it out. Now then.....juuuuuust gotta drop maybe 80 pounds....

Haha, that's exactly why I had to scale dancingfool's chest up 17%. Not all of us are RDJ's body frame. Thanks for the quick reply Sharkhead, really looking forward to the new chest, especially if you put as much detail into it as you have into the helmet. SUPER EXCITED!

sharkhead7854 said:
Actually the chest piece shouldn't need a size tester. The way I modeled it, it's high-def low poly, if that makes sense. It should be easy for Dubean to unfold it in a way that takes very few pieces.

sound good to me.

I looking forward to the release

Ok I have these images.

I don't have good side view or front view images so I guess I have to work my way through modelling it by myself.

I going for detail.

I don't know

voet.gif

voet1.gif

voet2.gif

voet3.gif

Looking at one of the pictures I have it seems there's a shoe inside the boot.

I think there's a piece of running shoe sticking out of it.

voet4.gif

Wearing it that way also seems the most comfortable way to wear these things.

Durability could be an issue.

Then again I aim for a few times of use of the suit.

Durability could be increased by placing metal under the sole of the boot, wich in turn could enhance the effect of the Iron-man

Hanzsel said:
Ok I have these images.

I don't have good side view or front view images so I guess I have to work my way through modelling it by myself.

I going for detail.

I don't know

voet.gif

voet1.gif

voet2.gif

voet3.gif

Looking at one of the pictures I have it seems there's a shoe inside the boot.

I think there's a piece of running shoe sticking out of it.

voet4.gif

Wearing it that way also seems the most comfortable way to wear these things.

Durability could be an issue.

Then again I aim for a few times of use of the suit.

Durability could be increased by placing metal under the sole of the boot, wich in turn could enhance the effect of the Iron-man

I think he's usually wearing running shoes and a wet suit looking thing before he gets the armor set up on him.

Anyways, I'm cutting my pieces now.....gonna see how far I can get before the end of the day....I still got maybe 3 more pages to cut before scoring. That'll put most of the back to top and sides of the MK6 prepped for assembling. Then I'll have jaw and face.

Wow, first off I have to say this is nothing short of amazing how you're putting so much work into all of this. Excellent job!

I have the two files on the first page, and I'm definitely going to use that size tester. I've never pepped a single thing (Im a noob)

But would you recommend tackling this HD helmet, or your other helmet first?

Both are very well done and I have both of them but I was wondering which one would you recommend for a first time pepper ;)

MJOLNIR Warrior said:
Wow, first off I have to say this is nothing short of amazing how you're putting so much work into all of this. Excellent job!

I have the two files on the first page, and I'm definitely going to use that size tester. I've never pepped a single thing (Im a noob)

But would you recommend tackling this HD helmet, or your other helmet first?

Both are very well done and I have both of them but I was wondering which one would you recommend for a first time pepper ;)

I'd say do the scale tester first before ya go tackling the HD one. You really wanna know how to get it scaled to fit you. The default version works on my head, but just barely, so I'm gonna be okay with the size it's set at.

But the scale tester will get you familiar with the shape the Hi-Def version will become along with the cuts. Be careful on the cuts :pI had to really look at it to go "OOOh I slice it here!"

Here's where I'm at....made a decision on where I wanted to go, then I went and started scoring. This was with 4 hours worth of work right now going back and forth. I haven't done too bad of a job so far I hope.

4 hours, lol! Now I don't feel so bad, I thought I was going too slow because it took over 1 hour to do EACH eye piece. At least now I know it's my model, not my pep skills. XD

This pep is totally kicking my ass, I have to cheat in a few spots. My hands are too big, and the pieces are too small. lol

Hanszel, just jump into it feet first, get some kind of structure going and look for more pics of the front along the way. :)

I guess I have to work my way through modelling it by myself

If you want, I can get you a sort of simple base model for you to work off of.

@MJOLNIR Warrior I say if you can do the size tester fine, then go ahead with the HD. Doing low poly files like my other helmet aren't really going to train you. Regardless of what people say, I don't think you really get better at pep with practice. You cut and glue. :D

I've actually seen first timers that make much cleaner pep pieces than I do. ^___^

hey shark,

can we get a look at that war machine helmet you mentioned?....if its not ready for public viewing could you pm me a pic? just interested to see how it looks....

robo3687 said:
hey shark,

can we get a look at that war machine helmet you mentioned?....if its not ready for public viewing could you pm me a pic? just interested to see how it looks....

uhh yeah what he said :)

It's Great and all how everyone keeps passing it around like a hot potato, but seriosly I understand people tire of doing helmets, but there is still NO DEFINITIVE HD War Machine Helmet as of yet I really wish someone would please just finish it, and then continue the 8 million versions of Iron Man.

dubean33 said:
i cant do it till tomorrow afternoon... if you can wait till then i'll do it for ya

i am confused at to what that link is..

Can I also get a copy.

This stuff is addictive I can't wait for the suit to be finished. Just out of curiosity are you guys gonna do a HD Warmachine Build?

ronlan1984 said:
This stuff is addictive I can't wait for the suit to be finished. Just out of curiosity are you guys gonna do a HD Warmachine Build?

*raises hand*

i will be

Sorry, trying to do everything at the same time lol.

4 people waiting on the War Machine helmet,

3 people waiting on the glove

6 waiting on the chest

2 waiting on the abs

2 waiting on shins

I'm trying, guys! ^___^"

sharkhead7854 said:
Sorry, trying to do everything at the same time lol.

4 people waiting on the War Machine helmet,

3 people waiting on the glove

6 waiting on the chest

2 waiting on the abs

2 waiting on shins

I'm trying, guys! ^___^"

Add me to the list for all of the above ;)

Seriously though, as i am so slow with everything anyway, no pressure. Do things in your order of preferance in the time you can do them in. I am just glad you are woorking on all this with such an attention to detail. I would have no chance in the world of getting things to this level :)

IN short, a suck up post, saying keep up the good work and we appreciate all the hard work, and no pressure :)

Thanks Wisesky. :)

I'll try to get some pictures of War Machine to you two guys in a pm, as it's still technically my prototype until I'm sure I can pass it off to Dubean.

I guess that's a change of plans then. War Machine will come before the chest piece.

EDIT!!

Does anyone have any really high def pictures of War Machine's helmet?

I think I've got this thing pretty close to done, but I said above I want to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back