Iron Man Mk 3 W.i.p First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
MADsMoKe said:
OK i may have run into a problem i was kind of worrying about the glue i used as some where saying in my live broadcast tht they have never heard of it so after searching the interwebs i found out that the Glue i used is WASHABBLE!!!!

So is there anything i can do, i have not resined it yet could i cover it in non washable Glue?

before i resin it would that work?

Such a noob thing to do but hey its my first project...:( lol

hey, you could try covering the seams with rubber electrical tape (I read that somewhere around here... cant remember the link...) Clear cello tape and duct tape wont work cause the resin has a tendency to eat through them. (which is why my build is on hold,... used clear tape on EVERY SEAM b4 reading that... trying to come up with a differant approch to hardining mine...) Or you could use some kind of water-proof sealer. Hope these ideas help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
lordzoabar said:
hey, you could try covering the seams with rubber electrical tape (I read that somewhere around here... cant remember the link...) Clear cello tape and duct tape wont work cause the resin has a tendency to eat through them. (which is why my build is on hold,... used clear tape on EVERY SEAM b4 reading that... trying to come up with a differant approch to hardining mine...) Or you could use some kind of water-proof sealer. Hope these ideas help :)

Thanks for the HELP!!

You are the first to help so thanks to you

MADsMoKe said:
Thanks for the HELP!!

You are the first to help so thanks to you

no probs man, thats what we're supposed to be here for :)

Im new at all this too so im learnin with ya lol

lordzoabar said:
no probs man, thats what we're supposed to be here for :)

Im new at all this too so im learnin with ya lol

Cool cool us new guys stick together.

So not so much as an update but i covered it in glue and it holds really good, kinda stiffened it up enough that i can get my head into it so...

TA----DAAAA!

Image0443.jpg

lol yeh tht is me in the back pic with the wife on our wedding day.

and the other Framed thing is my certificate of Lairdship lol (Just telling before people ask)

ok so i went and bought the fibre glass resin and hardener when i asked the man in the shop to give me an organic respirator, he said you dont need one just resin it outside and you will be fine, what do u think of tht!

Alright so i done the first layer of resin today going to do, atleast 1 more but here it is.

Image0449.jpg

Image0448.jpg

so here is my new idea my dad hurt his leg and he was given one of these things. I think it looks like it would really be good for the iron man suit. I will add some fibreglass and Bondo then Paint it with the Approiate colour. I think it will take away alot of my work and will look great with it.

Image0447.jpg

What you think?

P.s. does anyone know the proper UK colour codes in spray paint for Iron man MK3

nice man, the helmet is pretty tricky though huh? but still keep it up, its goin pretty quick. hope to have some see some new stuff up later

MADsMoKe said:
so here is my new idea my dad hurt his leg and he was given one of these things. I think it looks like it would really be good for the iron man suit. I will add some fibreglass and Bondo then Paint it with the Approiate colour. I think it will take away alot of my work and will look great with it.

You might want to cut some of the plastic away from the ankle, so you can walk normally. Just pointing out, wouldn't want you to finish the legs then realize it.

thanks guys, yeh about the ankles i was planning on tht lol.

anyhoo just a quick update.

Done primer getting ready to sand

Image0451.jpg

and my brother dared me to spray midnight blue spraypaint on it lol shiny cos its just done. but i'm going to be sanding this off anyway.

Image0452.jpg

MADsMoKe said:
here it is

Image0446.jpg

D= Don't waste your money on that stuff hun, You pay so much for so little. ABL fiberglass suppliers or East Cost suppliers are your best bet for all your costuming needs here in the UK.

I'm loving your progress! Going to be keeping an eye on this one ^__^

Do you mind my asking what part of Scotland you hail from? =D

-Phi

MADsMoKe said:
ok so i went and bought the fibre glass resin and hardener when i asked the man in the shop to give me an organic respirator, he said you dont need one just resin it outside and you will be fine, what do u think of tht!

He should be shot! lol

Resin is extremely toxic, you NEED a respirator unless you want to irritate your lungs. Pop to Homebase or B&Q and ask for a respirator for fumes, don't let them give you a particle respirator as it's useless with airborne fumes :) You can pick one up for around £12.

Rondo Tutorials

If you havn't seen this already, this should help. It seems to be just as durable as straight fiberglass but much less wasteful and much much faster. So take like 20 minutes or however long and watch these videos. That's how I'm doing my suits.

phixix said:
D= Don't waste your money on that stuff hun, You pay so much for so little. ABL fiberglass suppliers or East Cost suppliers are your best bet for all your costuming needs here in the UK.

I'm loving your progress! Going to be keeping an eye on this one ^__^

Do you mind my asking what part of Scotland you hail from? =D

-Phi

Yeh i come from stirling do you have a website address or a phone number for them?

phixix said:
He should be shot! lol

Resin is extremely toxic, you NEED a respirator unless you want to irritate your lungs. Pop to Homebase or B&Q and ask for a respirator for fumes, don't let them give you a particle respirator as it's useless with airborne fumes :) You can pick one up for around £12.

No cheapest one was £30.59 and i did not have the money for tht! lol

starkmark4 said:
Rondo Tutorials

If you havn't seen this already, this should help. It seems to be just as durable as straight fiberglass but much less wasteful and much much faster. So take like 20 minutes or however long and watch these videos. That's how I'm doing my suits.

Thanks it will help! your a STAR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back