Iron Man Mk 3 W.i.p First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, yeah that always sux Smoke.

But keep at it, this is looking good. And trust me, Fiberglass is VERY toxic.. I used to work with it, I can't anymore even a little in the air can now cause a reaction. SO i'm going a different route with my build

Fox w said:
Ouch, yeah that always sux Smoke.

But keep at it, this is looking good. And trust me, Fiberglass is VERY toxic.. I used to work with it, I can't anymore even a little in the air can now cause a reaction. SO i'm going a different route with my build

Thanks man i am going to buy a respirator today, Sick of getting dizzy when fibreglassing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wee update!

So i have finished bondoing, here it is with very lite sanding

Image0455.jpg

Image0456.jpg

After Some Sanding.

Image0457.jpg

Then loads of sanding with 60-80-150-240-320fine-400fine-600fine and then a primer on top to show where i have missed.

Still not happy with it, but i will be by tomorrow when i have sanded some more.

Image0459.jpg

any thoughts people, please crit is important to me so i know if i am doing it right or doing something wrong?

looking good smoke.

looks like you need to work on the eyes a bit more I see alot of bumps and you want those really nice n smooth, trust me, any imperfection your going to be staring at and it get's mighty distracting.

Also, when your looking for imperfections, grab a strong flashlight, hold it near parallel with the helmet surface your looking at, this will make the pits and such just scream out at you, which point grab a marker of some sort and circle them so you can find them later to fix. I used to do this with car body work.

Fox w said:
looking good smoke.

looks like you need to work on the eyes a bit more I see alot of bumps and you want those really nice n smooth, trust me, any imperfection your going to be staring at and it get's mighty distracting.

Also, when your looking for imperfections, grab a strong flashlight, hold it near parallel with the helmet surface your looking at, this will make the pits and such just scream out at you, which point grab a marker of some sort and circle them so you can find them later to fix. I used to do this with car body work.

Thanks for the tip man i'll be sure to do tht next

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back