Iron Man MK VI armor WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolC

I finished pepped all my kids' ODST armor. Just waiting for the weather to warm up so I can start the resin process. Instead of waiting, I decided to continue to work on the Iron Man suit. Not sure if I can ever finish this but I decided not to rush things. Can a thread be kept open for 3 years?

I pepped a helmet earlier, but it was way too small. I pepped another one slightly larger.
0b8d133c.jpg

The helmet comes in three pieces. I glues the jaw and attach the face mask using some binder clips. Need to get more binder clips.
811994a8.jpg

Even though the helmet is bigger, it is still narrow on the crown. I inserted a cardboard tubing to stretch it a little before I apply some resin. Need to do some trimming.
60bc54a7.jpg

Here is the finished chest brace.
8eff492e.jpg

Here is the finished front chest.
cbe2e519.jpg

I've seen some really impressive Iron Man suit. If I take my time, I'm sure I can finish mine as impressive as those that I've seen. I'll keep you posted.

Mate looks unreal I wish mine looked that good I think I'm going to have to start again from scratch cuz mine is a bit off sque and the detail in the cheack area is really dodge but it's good to have something to work to I'm sure.

One last thing what did you use to glue cuz I've been using hot glue it's not bad but any better ways to get the detail that you did would be great

Great start :D

Wonderboy I personally use PVA and a small paintbrush, I get a really strong card to card bond with PVA and you also get a little bit of time to make sure it all lines up properly :D

Nice work! and great to hear your getting on well with your childrens suits :) theyll come across great! i bookmarked you thread and keep going back to see updates :'). good luck with this suit.

Mate looks unreal I wish mine looked that good I think I'm going to have to start again from scratch cuz mine is a bit off sque and the detail in the cheack area is really dodge but it's good to have something to work to I'm sure.

One last thing what did you use to glue cuz I've been using hot glue it's not bad but any better ways to get the detail that you did would be great

I use Elmer's white glue. It gives me total control of how to glue the pieces. Some swear by hot glue method. I've glued more than 40 pieces of Pepakura files and I've never used hot glue even once. I posted a simple tutorial once on how to use white glue. Hope this helps.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26848-quot-Help!-quot-for-Papercraft-or-Pepakura?p=508629#post508629

As for the Iron Man helmet, it is a little challenging because the entire helmet is curved. Not all the lines are folded. The mask here contains lines. I just cut them and overlap them.

a8438607.jpg

The pieces that contain small tabs are difficult to be glued together. Here I strengthen them with additional tabs on the back.

9d563f28.jpg

Finally, while went shopping with my kids, I found this new Iron Man toy with new color scheme. I may go with this Iron Man.

7d6f6fdb.jpg

I use Elmer's white glue. It gives me total control of how to glue the pieces. Some swear by hot glue method. I've glued more than 40 pieces of Pepakura files and I've never used hot glue even once. I posted a simple tutorial once on how to use white glue...

I use some pritt craft clue, its strong like superglue but easy to use like normal glue! i hate hot clue because it never truly holds and when it breaks it takes forever to get pick off, then when it comes to putting it on if u put to much on you cant take it off because ite hot (durrh) so jsut stick to gorrilla glue if your in america or in the uk i suggest pritt's craft clue, lasts forever as well :)

Wow, this is beautiful work! I want to create something like this, but am completely new to these forums. May I ask-where do you get the pep files for an Iron Man costume? I'm probably staring them in the face, but so far, I can't find them. Thanks in advance!

Your helmet rocks Sharkhead the teeth are a bit tricky but it looks the mutts nuts so far, I'll upload a better picture of it when I get some new batteries for the camera ;)

Coolc Im sort of new and im doing iron man as well as a reach build.My question is, Do you need the brace's for the arom to put on? or is it for the resen process? Any answers would be sweet. If you can or want, even have the time a message would be cool. Thank you

Coolc Im sort of new and im doing iron man as well as a reach build.My question is, Do you need the brace's for the arom to put on? or is it for the resen process? Any answers would be sweet. If you can or want, even have the time a message would be cool. Thank you

My work on Iron Man is slow because I'm trying to complete my kids' ODSTs first. I did finished pepping the arm and I noticed that it comes in 3 parts unconnected. I have yet to figure out how to put them together. I may resin and harden them separately and attach them using nuts and bolts. Iron Man covers the entire body and I believe this suit was designed to have some movement pieces. Otherwise it would be very uncomfortable.

I need to look at some threads at http://www.therpf.com for some ideas.

I originally want to give up on this project because I'm not sure if I can make a wearable suit. And I worried the limited mobility of the suit.

Last week my family and I went to NYC and visited Madame Tussauds wax museum and saw Iron Man statue. Now, I am re-inspired.

I bought some small binder clips and readjust the inside.
b4ea4ac2.jpg

Here is the resined helmet. Need to put some fiberglass before I can take the clips off. Summer is almost over, not sure how much I can work on this.
5809df48.jpg

Great Job on the helmet! I did this one as my first one but I made it to big. Sharks was so complex i decided to do dungbeetles instead. I also like your method of the clips. I glued mine together until i resin it. Then I will cut it back off.

Thanks for the encouragement. Iron Man is currently having a long wnter sleep.

I can't do much in the winter because my garage is not heated so I have to wait until next summer. I've seen some amazing work building Iron Man out of foam. I will probably switch gear and use this method to build the Iron Man.

In the meantime, I am trying to finish my kids' updated Master Chief MK VI and Mando armor. Iron Man will take a back seat.

After seeing some of the completed Iron Mans and also how difficult my kids walk in their armor, I decided to switch to the foam method.

Thanks to Stealth at theRPF, I was able to complete these two pieces in less tan 6 hours. It currently looks a little too big. Hopefully it looks OK once I have all the pieces done.

997f9bcc.jpg

The back looks fine from this angle. Now on to the other pieces.
2262370c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back