Iron man suit for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had had a full system melt down!!!! My hard drive crashed and burned on me this morning.I lost all my stuff,I didn't back anything up either.
Luckly I was able to re-grab the pep files off this site.I lost all the models I made....This really sucks.Back to the drawing board I guess.There will be a slight delay in last pieces of the suit so bare with me for a couple of days.

Lo_techStark said:
I had had a full system melt down!!!! My hard drive crashed and burned on me this morning.I lost all my stuff,I didn't back anything up either.
Luckly I was able to re-grab the pep files off this site.I lost all the models I made....This really sucks.Back to the drawing board I guess.There will be a slight delay in last pieces of the suit so bare with me for a couple of days.

Oh man that blows. My friend said that happened to him once and he took th hdd to a place and they salvaged a few things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that buddy, I've had a few friends who've suffered from the same problem lately. Keeps reminding me to get my stuff backed up!

Lo_techStark said:

That sucks man. And it was such great work too. Hope you have a quick recovery. Good luck.

Fsyemogushi said:
That sucks man. And it was such great work too. Hope you have a quick recovery. Good luck.
Heya Lo tech, I have the ILM model if that would do you any good, maybe save you some time having to redraw the stuff all over. just let me know if you want it.

If it was a software meltdown, you may be able to put the hard drive into another working PC and
recover your files from it. If it was a hardware crash on the drive (did you hear a clicking?) sometimes
you can put the drive into a ziplock and put it in the freezer for a couple hours and then put it back
in your system. It will not fix it, but if a capacitor had a "small" breakdown, the the freezer method
may give you an hour or so to recover data. Even using the freezer method, I'd put the drive into
a working system so it does not get hit as much.

Good luck!

mc hammer time said:
i downloaded winRAR to open the file, but when i click on the file it just comes up as a bunch of code

I'll repost it as soon as I get it uploaded to rapidshare.

Ah, I'm sorry to be a pain. Would it be possible to upload it to a different host? Maybe 4shared? I can never download from Rapidshare, always tells me I've reached my download limit, even when I've not downlaoded from there in weeks. :(

Sorry.

Skupilkinson said:
Ah, I'm sorry to be a pain. Would it be possible to upload it to a different host? Maybe 4shared? I can never download from Rapidshare, always tells me I've reached my download limit, even when I've not downlaoded from there in weeks. :(

Sorry.

Ya thats fine, I'm away from my home comp till sunday, when I get back I'll drop it on 4shared for you. Sorry about the wait, friday night clubbing turned into a weekend trip to vegas! :D

Thank You So Much! It kind of sucks for me because I spent hours and hours looking for a pep file and i just finished a Iron Man Helmet this guy sent me, I'll post that one along with other helmets soon.

There no hijacking here, :D variety is the spice of life.With that being said check out this link.Some one else has made an ironman for pep-ing.His makes mine look like a mark 1 version .His also has the feet done. My computer has been running a little weird still so I haven't dared to do any more modeling just yet in fear of another crash and burn.Once I get it to par again I'll model up some repulsers for all.

http://theleagueofheroes.yuku.com/topic/35...new-friend.html

Lo_techStark said:
There no hijacking here, :D variety is the spice of life.With that being said check out this link.Some one else has made an ironman for pep-ing.His makes mine look like a mark 1 version .His also has the feet done. My computer has been running a little weird still so I haven't dared to do any more modeling just yet in fear of another crash and burn.Once I get it to par again I'll model up some repulsers for all.
http://theleagueofheroes.yuku.com/topic/35...new-friend.html

Actually, I'm going to say that I like yours better. I mean its got some more detail, but this is pep, more detail isnt always better. I'm probably going to put that in with bondo anyways.

Loubear said:
Actually, I'm going to say that I like yours better. I mean its got some more detail, but this is pep, more detail isnt always better. I'm probably going to put that in with bondo anyways.

I agree with Loubear. I like your models better. I've been looking at his stuff and he hasn't modeled the suit with an eye towards pep like you have so it makes it much more difficult to try and convert it to something useable in a paper model format. Anyways I suppose I'm also more biased seeing as I've invested more time in your models too :p So anyhow keep up the good work Lo Tech!

Also in agreement with Loubear. Is it just me or does his file look a tad, I dont know, off in some way? It doesn't seem true to the movie suit...looks a bit "blocky" to me. I mean, I in no way am trying to disrespect him. His work is outstanding. But lotech's seems more accurate to the movie suit proportions.

-Ixius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back