Iron man suit for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
rvb4life said:
these are excellent files, but i hate rapidshare.....

as if i dont use it enough for 4chan :(

Well if there is a better file sharing program let us know and we can use that. I used rapidshare because it's what I've seen others use and it works fine for me. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fsyemogushi said:
This might be a stupid question but did you leave the hole in the chest for the repulser out on purpose for ease of build or was there another reason? Just curious cuz I wouldn't mind having it in there for reference purposes once I get it glassed so I know exactly where to cut. Just an observation :D

I had it there at first....then I modeled it out so there wouldn't be a ton of polys in the model.I first intended to post the whole suit...Helmet to Boots as one file so I decided the reduce the details.Thought it would be better to detail it after it was glassed.

God I can't wait until I get my cardstock and actually make this thing.. the only thing that I'm a little iffy about is that the cheeks in the helm are a bit dented. I think I'll just make a bunch of helms and resin the one I like the most.

Excellent job, LTS!

rvb4life said:
these are excellent files, but i hate rapidshare.....
During prime time dinner hours, they have this "Rapidshare Happy Hours" where you can download files without having to bother with their annoying codes.

What should we do with parts that look like the picture?? the are folds to made on either side of the poly but not on it?? Also look at 170, what do we do to that?? it already matches

Wow Fsyemogushi! Your unfolding faster then I can finish modeling this thing.GREAT JOB!!!!!More to come soon.This IS a busy week end for me.... being a meat cutter on Memorial day week and all.

Any body hear that?? That was the sound of me squealing like a twelve year old school girl! :lol: Thanks to all for unfolding all this stuff. I can't wait to work on this. Keep it up, please. Beautiful work, love Iron Man, need more............ :notworthy:

Crow said:
What should we do with parts that look like the picture?? the are folds to made on either side of the poly but not on it?? Also look at 170, what do we do to that?? it already matches

The cuts on 170 are simply really close tabs. You cut along the line and then fold under and glue. You might even get away with just making a mountain fold there. Good luck.

Lo_Tech - thanks for your work on these.

fsyemogushi - great job on the unfolding - thanks to you as well.

This is on my ever growing list of pep to build. Y'all need to stop so I can catch up on some of it before I die!

hello! rofl also, did n e bodi else see the messed up part on the shoulder piece?
tis comfuzing..... open it, then flip it around, then look at the dark or f***ed up part that is all messed up. tis is de 2-3 last page!!
rofl better fix that stark

great work dough!

Hey all I'm glad you like all my hard work on these... Everyone needs to thank fsyemogushi for taking his time (to unfold my crappy modeling skills) and post them for everyone.I want to thank you myself fsyemogushi you did an excellent job. Thank you

I did this for all you fans out there. Now you don't have to a see fan made suit on ebay and say "i don't have that kind of money for that" now you can biuld your own

I want to thank all the talented people on this site ,for all the infomation they have posted here to help get this project off the ground.You guys have so much talent I scares the crap out me,But anyways Thank you

In a few more days I should have the foot and neck modeled for all,Ineed to take a break for a couple days and I'll post more.

After this ..........ultimate iron man

I appreciate the thanks Lo Tech. I think your models were excellent. Anyhow it was kinda fun to learn how to unfold. It isn't really that hard, just really time consuming. Can't wait to get to this. My modeling time has been minimal lately but I also look forward to having the whole suit to do :D Thanks again Lo Tech and I hope you can have fun making this too.

Lotech, your work is an outstanding achievement - one that I have waited for. I've always wanted to build my own Iron Man suit, and you have made my dreams all the more realistic to achieve. Here's one fan you've inspired :D

Hey guys,

I'm a papermodel designer. I just wanted to say "WELL DONE" for using this program for more than just modelling!

I've seen what some of you guys do with Pep files and paper templates and I think it's fantastic!

I have one problem though, Rapidshare is no good for me. It keeps telling me I've exceeded my limit, evenb when I've not downloaded from there in months. Would it be possible to get these files from somewhere else? Sorry to be a pain, especially since I'm new. I'd just love to see the 3D work and the unfolded templates.

Lo_Tech, your 3D work looks damn fine from the pics I saw on the previous page. ;) You mentioned doing the feet and neck, are you planning on the smaller details like the hip disc and the ear piece? Or leaving that to us to sort out? Just curious really.

Keep up the great work!

Yes i done plan on doing the othe parts of the suit.Just wanted to get the big pieces out there.The details on the suit everyone is going to have to put in there with dremels and other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back