Iron man suit for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right LoTech, his does look very nice! Though I'd imagine that all detail will pose a few problems with Pep. Still, his 3D modelling is very good! Saying that I agree with some previous comments about the look of his. I noticed in the upper body animation that the back is not right for a movie Ironman.

I'm with Loubear, when I do start this I think I'll go for yours. It just looks like it'll work better, then adding the details later.

I'd liked to have seen the mesh for his model but I couldn't download from Rapidshare. :( Nevermind.

I'm back from vegas :( I took a look at that other guys model and I have to say that your version has more detail in many aspects that agrees with the movie. Has anyone been putting together Lotech's peps yet? I started working on the arms before I left and found the scale was a bit off, and had to reduce it by 30% and was just wondering if anyone tried any of the other pieces and has any scaling tips for them. I noticed they are all pretty much in different scales, and though I do have alot of paper still, I'd like to save some of it :p As for posting my mesh, I don't know what the deal is but I kept getting errors while trying to upload it again so I think I'm gonna hold off on posting it again.

I'd love to sink my teeth into them. Though I have to be patient and wait until I've moved house. Though I'm finding it really difficult to pick a build project as there's just so much to choose from!

Sorry about the hosting/upload problem.

I've started to make the arm, and it appears that using my actual arm measurement is working quite well instead of adding a few cm for padding. For some reason, the paddings already in the scale, so 54 cm was perfect from shoulder to wrist.

Hey All.Finally got my PC up and running agian.I couln't get my models off the hard drive...but all is good.I'll just have to suck it up and stop crying like a little baby.

Anyways,I'm gonna finish the suit up for all, so keep an eye out in the next week or so.Boots ,repulsors and such on there way.I saw another post on the forum about war machine.I might model up a rocket pack and gatlin for this suit.Kind of a hybrid movie /comic war machine.

Outstanding! Sorry you couldn't retrieve anything though. :(

War Machine sounds cool. Kinda like a movie imagined version. Looking forward to seeing that.

To the front page with ya!

Best of luck, Lo_TechStark, and I hope to see you on the RPF often! (Neon)

Really nice dude. I will have to try and make this some time. Got to love IRON MAN!!

SNIPER 118 said:
This :) is :lol: so :D crazy AWESOME!
lolololololololololololololollolololoololololololololollololololololol
i love iron man
any of u have da game its all right but dere only 10 levels
it easy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,They'll be some more of this soon,I'm just taking a little break from modeling the rest of the suit just so I can take a crack at a little pep building myself.Not to worry though I finish up things for ya soon.

Just wanted to let Lo Tech and Fey know that i have been building costumes for over 4 years out of my own shop in Denver Colorado and these pep files have been a great help in the construction of my Iron Man suit. I pieced together the helmet and have made negative cal 50+ Latex cast of it and have made about 8 helmets out of a two part urethane plastic mix. Just a big thanks to those two for the time and effort put into these files. I usually make everything out of clay. We will have to chat about possibly sending you two a helmet if you guys wanted one. Thanks again I will be posting pictures soon.

Just an update on my pep progress: Helm, Legs, Arms, Helmet, and 2/3 of the torso complete and ready to begin glassing as soon as I finish up the rest of the torso and finish making my boot patterns. I let my buddy borrow my camera while we were in vegas and he lost it, so I have to get a new camera and take pics asap.

Just to warn those who have trouble scaling, it might help if you take measurements of each of the sections seperately and split up the pep files. My scaling for the leg was really messed up, with the lower part having about a 10 percent difference from the upper portion.

Hey sir snipes a lot. I have a quick question. What's your height and what were the measurements you used for each piece separately. I have all pieces separated so that I can do each individually. Btw I'm 6-6"1 and I weigh 160. Si anything you can throw will give me a rough idea. I made the helmet about 23-24 cms in height and it is skin tight for me so I have to make it bigger.

Fsyemogushi said:
Ok here is the unfolded torso file. Its a big one, 48 pages worth. I scaled it to be 90cm high as thats about how long my torso is, but again I'm 6'3" This time I left the inside pieces off the pages as you really dont need them. If you used them you couldn't get in the armor so... Anyhow I'll stop writing now. :cool:

http://rapidshare.com/files/117655864/IMto...unfold.pdo.html

can you please post the templates as pictures because rapid share isnt letting me download anything now. :( by the way thumbs up on the costumes

Last edited by a moderator:
Any progress Lo Stark? I'm glad to hear your pc is up and running again. I have finished the torso out of your pep files mixed with the other ones you posted from the league of heroes. Pics soon in a separate thread. I need 1 more arm and then everything from the cod piece down. Once again, Thanks for your amazing files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back