Ironkamakaze's Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironkamakaze

Jr Member
hello everyone i've seen alot of peoples work on here and have been greatly impressed with so many different peoples work that i just wanted to show off mine so here it is. the only thing left to do on the pepping is the right bicep and it will be done tonight. tommorrow i will start resining and will post more pictures after it has been resined.

Looks great! Can't wait to see more! Take your time with the resin and 'glass part, those can be a pain in the arse!

thanks guys i'm really looking forword to this weekend it's been all most a year since i've started this project and i can't wait to move to the next step. me and juice should have it all resined by the end of the weekend we will also be working on he's hellgas mask if you guys have not seen it yet go check it out it's going to be a really cool prop. we will most definitely be taken our time to do the resin and fiberglass i learned with my helmet and chest you have to move fast but stay focused on what your doing

You want to build my armor.(waving hand slowly from side to side) GET ME A TACO!! No seriously, build my armor. Have you finished the bicep yet?

what up peeps this is what i've been able to get done this weekend i've put in almost 23 hrs in what you see and only had one mistake but i'll get to that in a min all of the armor is now resin and fiberglassed, semisanded, preprimered (to show the bad spots) and i've started on the bondo. every thing looks great there was very little warping and all of the armor seems to be very strong and safe so thats it for this weekend i hope to be able to do more next weekend if i can but i done know. i going to try to be ready to paint in two weeks but i have some remodeling to do on my house (i'm building a stone fireplace)so as soon as thats done i be able to start back up. wish me luck.

heres a little advice for other noobs on the site even if your foot can go in to your shin easy it dose not all ways come back out that easy. this is what happend last night i was so happy to have all of my parts resined that i wanted to try some of them on. will all of them fit great BUT the shin my size 13 1/2 foot got stuck and would not come back out. after messing with it for about 30 min i realized i was going to have to cut the shin off to be able to get out. well i didn't lost my cool about it (if i ever had any in the frist place ) i just kept on working tell our friendly neighborhood juice showed up to save day and bail me out of trouble the good news is the shin peice is o.k. and the dr. was able to put my foot back on. no seriously if you have small feet you should no problems but if your like my and have big feet make the bottom hold as big as possible so that this will not happen to you and you have to call call juice to come get you out of your armor http://i27.tinypic.com/50ffj8.jpg http://i32.tinypic.com/2z6gsi9.jpg

[media]http://
[/media] just thought i'd show you guys my studio and a update on my armor

Last edited by a moderator:
that didn't work right let me get back to you on that one. if any one knows how to put the video in the post let me know please thanks

all right everyone this is just me messing around. i just wanted to show off my studio

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpjQ98l0hlw[/media] and this one is a update on my armor. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBxCEGYm2EI[/media]

sick armor man. it's lookin really good.

how do you fill in the gap with bondo, because i have one in my helmet. i have to tape off my visor, but can you give me a process on how to do it? your help would be much appreciated.

moultonator said:
sick armor man. it's lookin really good.

how do you fill in the gap with bondo, because i have one in my helmet. i have to tape off my visor, but can you give me a process on how to do it? your help would be much appreciated.

frist off thanks for the comment. all i did was taped off my visor front and back and put it in to my helmet and wedged it in there so it can't move at all. then mix up your bondo and apply but make sure that the bondo does not get any air pockets in it and does not run down to far. try not to mound up the bondo just use what you need to keep your angle. let it sit for at least 4 hours befor you sand it. and there you go. also i think there is a sticky on this just look around i just watched one of dave's videos and seen it on a helmet in the background and got the idea from him. hope it helps you out

5-point said:
great job man are you going to put leds in the armor or just leave it for now but nice work man

i have leds and a fan in the helmet now but thats it for the moment. later on i hope to be able to put leds in the whole suit. i would put them in now but i have some other plains for a c.b. radio in the forearm that i can't get to right now and i don't want to waste the money on the wiring because it will all be tied in together in the forearm with off and on switchs that will control the fans, lights and c.b. that and my wife is tired of watching me work on the suit and not the house so we made a dill. i'm going to get the suit wearable for the moment and finish the house so that it does not fall in on us. (just kidding) only some light work to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back