Ironman Mark 6 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A site selling sheet polystyrene. Same plastic model kits are made from. I've worked with it. I'd recommend .040-.080 for armor projects. Not bad prices for large sheets but if anyone is gonna try this feel free to look some more. I'm going to try this with my MK VI but I have a long way to go before I'm ready for the actual build stage. People may even have a plastics supplier closer to them so wouldn't have to order online.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=22883&catid=715

Another building idea i've never tried yet but seen examples of how well it could work is to take clays like Aves epoxy sculpt and roll it into thin sheets and apply over some type of mold or a pep model. It cures fairly hard into a plastic like material. I'm gonna experiment on the helmet with this. I just hate using bondo cause I have an apartment and the stuff stinks way too much. The Aves Epoxy sculpt may not be cheap for some but it's great stuff.

http://www.avesstudio.com/index.php...&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Leda said:
I was thinking of making it but then I realized there are no files... :c

well i wouldnt say that

1-1.png

1.png

Still alot to go hopefully will get it finished after finals (ends tomorrow)

EDIT: Thanks for posting the images i was working on concept images an statue pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
If .pdo files for Mark VI come out soon I will love everyone who helped make it forever. I want to do an Iron Man build over the summertime but I didn't want to do Mark III because of the fact Iron Man 2 already came out and it'd just look outdated... unless people haven't seen Iron Man 2 which... a lot of people have and will hopefully do in the future because it is so awesome. :D

Leda said:
If .pdo files for Mark VI come out soon I will love everyone who helped make it forever. I want to do an Iron Man build over the summertime but I didn't want to do Mark III because of the fact Iron Man 2 already came out and it'd just look outdated... unless people haven't seen Iron Man 2 which... a lot of people have and will hopefully do in the future because it is so awesome. :D

I had the same thought. I love the armor from the first movie, but now that the new armor is out I need to build the new one first.

Extremis said:
I had the same thought. I love the armor from the first movie, but now that the new armor is out I need to build the new one first.

Yeah, exactly! I absolutely love the Mark III, but I also love Mark VI. I'm just afraid for those who haven't seen the movie if files do come out and I do make a Mark VI suit to wear for a Con that people might get confused why the reactor is now a triangle... hehe.

Lo_techStark said:
Got any pics to show use? :D

I have thot of this,but havent really given it a try.I'd hate to use some of my plastic and it not work out.

Hey robo3687 i sent you a PM

i got it...will send reply some time today....

my model should hopefully be done fairly rapidly....my backs just about right now and i have all the free time in the world (unemployed ftw) so I'll see how fast I can knock this one out...then it'll be a case of unfolding it.....

I've zipped up the CGI MKVI vids from the official site and have them on MegaUpload. There are 15 separate animations linking the six different parts together, resulting in quite a few good views. 1280x720 res for each file, 9.23MB.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EPML7TBN

I've also got all of my Mark IV and Mark VI reference images in a rar... these are a mixture of promotional images, BTS photos and some products (game, figures, etc.) along with illustrations. These are of varying quality and resolution, but combined, they should hopefully provide enough reference for a complete build; 22.17MB.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8Y3X7TZH

The MKIV and MKVI are the exact same suit with a different chest and paint apps. All other details are interchangeable.

hey RoboTrap thanks for all that reference....i'd gathered a bunch and had several screencaps of the official site...but those should all prove very useful...

much appreciated

i'm thinking i might make a start tomorrow...stay tuned

robo3687 said:
i got it...will send reply some time today....

my model should hopefully be done fairly rapidly....my backs just about right now and i have all the free time in the world (unemployed ftw) so I'll see how fast I can knock this one out...then it'll be a case of unfolding it.....

Oh I'll def start unfolding this!!! I'm getting wee little goosebumps just waiting for the first progress pic of it.HA :D

well i've made a start....will be posting some pics later today.....

EDIT: now this is just a start....mark IV chestpiece first.....and the helmet isn't mine...just a standin i had laying around that i got somewhere.....

i'll block everything out first and then massage it all together and tweak till i'm blue in the face.....

this is about 2 hours worth so far

001zrv.jpg

yep the whole thing will be done (possibly even a new helmet....i have some ideas)

here's an update showing the start of the new articulated ab plate(hopefully it'll work...i think it will), how the whole thing looks on a 6 foot tall man and an exploded view of the ab piece....

002po.jpg

003zzc.jpg

004kuj.jpg

this looks great has anyone made compression articulation joints yet ? id like some info on it and the flexible ab plates

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back